How to edit or upload Xbox series X HDR video to youtube?

Discus and support How to edit or upload Xbox series X HDR video to youtube? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, I have recored HDR video from Xbox series X. When i try to upload it to Youtube without any changes youtube show we Failed to convert video.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Beliaf, Mar 7, 2021.

1. /u/Beliaf
    /u/Beliaf Guest

Hello, I have recored HDR video from Xbox series X. When i try to upload it to Youtube without any changes youtube show we Failed to convert video. When i try to open that video in different editors video lose HDR colors. I tried Davinci resolve but there need to specify input ACES profile, where i can get it (ofc i have output ACES profile from youtube support).

Did anyone editing Xbox series X clips or direct upload it to Youtube, plz help. Ofc with SDR everyting is ok How to edit or upload Xbox series X HDR video to youtube? :)

submitted by /u/Beliaf
    [link] [comments]

/u/Beliaf, Mar 7, 2021
  2. UZSZ1980 Win User

4k HDR Clips Uploaded To Youtube Lose Color

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7126552?hl=en

On the link you can find the description how it should work.

"

Upload High Dynamic Range (HDR) videos

You can upload High Dynamic Range (HDR) video content to YouTube. HDR videos show higher contrast and more colors than standard digital video.

Viewers can watch HDR videos on compatible mobile devices and HDR TVs. They can also stream HDR videos using Chromecast Ultra to an HDR TV. Viewers can confirm HDR playback when a video is played if they see an "HDR" badge on the playback controls or in
    the quality menu.

Viewers watching on non-HDR devices will see the video as a standard dynamic range (SDR) video.

Upload HDR videos
    HDR videos must have HDR metadata in the codec or container to be played back properly on YouTube. The most reliable way to properly record the metadata is to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7126552?hl=en#davinci_resolve.

If you use a workflow for color grading that doesn't export standard HDR metadata, then you can use the https://github.com/youtubehdr/hdr_metadata to add HDR metadata to a video. This
    tool will only work correctly if your video was graded using an HDR transfer function.

Note: If you aren't sure if your video was graded using an HDR transfer function, using this tool will badly distort your videos. Many things that have "HDR" in the title were not graded with an HDR transfer function, and
    this tool will not work on those videos. If you did not grade your own content in HDR, or don't know what it means to color grade a video, you should not use the YouTube HDR metadata tool.
    If you are grading your video, take care to grade in Rec. 2020 with PQ or HLG. Using a different configuration, including DCI P3, will produce incorrect results.

Once a video has been properly marked as HDR, uploading it follows the same process as a normal video upload. YouTube will detect the HDR metadata and process it, producing HDR transcodes for HDR devices and an SDR downconversion for other devices.

Note: HDR videos currently can't be edited with YouTube Web editor.

HDR video requirements
    Once you upload a video, YouTube supports all resolutions and will auto-convert HDR video to SDR videos when necessary.

"
  3. Dank DG Win User

Xbox Series X

yes they will.

even older games will be improved with HDR

from the original xbox to xbox series X
  4. HyperVenom523 Win User

Captures on external harddrive

I use a capture card because of this and another problem I encountered is that if you capture 4k HDR videos on external when you upload them to Youtube only the 4k aspect of it uploads but not the HDR and the video ends up looking weird
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

HDMI Xbox Series S/X

Hi,

There is more than enough bandwidth for 1440P @120Hz with HDR on an HDMI 2.0 Monitor. On the current consoles Microsoft decided to lock HDR to 4K displays, but with the Series S that won't be an issue anymore.

HDMI standards are backwards compatible, so you won't need an HDMI 2.1 compliant Monitor to use Series X or S on an older monitor or TV that only has HDMI 2.0.

Xbox One X and S can be very fussy when it comes to full monitor support. But if you bought a monitor that fully supports the Xbox One X then it should support the same features on a Series X/S.

My advice would be to check reviews of monitors actually running on the current consoles with 120Hz support. There are loads of videos on YouTube. Just looking at the specs on a website may not be enough.
  6. Spitfire Spud Win User

HDR issue on Xbox One X

Hello

When your playing a HDR compatible games it will change your TV setting over to HDR Colour Settings automatically, So when your viewing your HDR recorded videos your TV is set to SDR that is why your seeing it grey.
    I'm not sure if you read my entire post. It shows up in HDR fine on my TV when I play it back through the Xbox One X, it's just the preview on the capture list that is grey.... There is an option to choose between SDR and HDR when you are viewing your images/videos...

The issue is when you are uploading it to YouTube or over to your PC and wanting to create content via software like Vegas Pro or PowerDirector. It's an issue with Microsoft/Xbox and how they store the HDR information separately...
    on my PS4 PRO it works fine as Sony doesn't treat the files in the same manner as Microsoft/Xbox does.
Thema:

1. How to edit or upload Xbox series X HDR video to youtube? - Similar Threads - edit upload series

2. The Upload Studio will be replaced by the new Xbox App for Social Sharing and edition...

in XboX Insiders
    The Upload Studio will be replaced by the new Xbox App for Social Sharing and edition...: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]
  3. Problemas com velocidade de upload [Edit - Translation] - Upload speed issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problemas com velocidade de upload [Edit - Translation] - Upload speed issues: Pessoal, boa tarde. Tenho internet da Claro/Net, com 120mb de download e 10mb de upload. Meu console está conectado via cabo. Se eu testar a velocidade da conexão no Edge do Xbox, tudo ok,...
  4. How do I upload minecraft ps4 bedrock edition world to a pre-created realm?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I upload minecraft ps4 bedrock edition world to a pre-created realm?: I have minecraft Bedrock edition on my laptop and on my ps4, and I have just created a realm on my laptop, but I want to upload a pre-existing world from my ps4 onto the realm, replacing the...
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Crashes Upload Loading

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Crashes Upload Loading: I'm currently running the beta version of the W10 Edition and every time I boot up the game, it crashes. I reinstalled the game and my graphics card driver, yet to no avail....
  6. edit xbox clips on xbox app on pc and upload it

in XBoX on Windows
    edit xbox clips on xbox app on pc and upload it: Hello, when i make xbox clips on my xbox, i upload them to xbox live. than i can open my xbox app on pc and edit them in that app. for example cut them. my problem is, that i cant upload them to...
  7. problems with edited videos on upload studio and sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    problems with edited videos on upload studio and sharing: Hey guys, CrashiePoo96 here. I was informed about upload studio and have really been getting into it past two days. I edited a short 45 second Fortnite gameplay clip with a text over lay and voice...
  8. Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Youtube upload

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Youtube upload: The Xbox one online version is unable to upload replays to youtube. At the point where you select upload to youtube it should prompt with a unique key (token) to upload to your yt channel....
  9. Can’t Edit Older Clips in Upload Studio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t Edit Older Clips in Upload Studio: If I am creating a new clip combining my older clips, they will not appear in upload studio when I go to add new clip. It only shows the most recent 100 or so. Is there a workaround to this...
  10. problems with edited videos on upload studio and sharing

in XBoX on Consoles
    problems with edited videos on upload studio and sharing: Hey guys, CrashiePoo96 here. I was informed about upload studio and have really been getting into it past two days. I edited a short 45 second Fortnite gameplay clip with a text over lay and voice...