How to enable mods on the new Xbox app?

Discus and support How to enable mods on the new Xbox app? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I joined the beta for Xbox app on windows 10 to try out installing games outside of the WindowsApps folder, and it worked, I installed Conan Exiles and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by zerinhoZ, Dec 2, 2021.

1. zerinhoZ
    zerinhoZ Guest

I joined the beta for Xbox app on windows 10 to try out installing games outside of the WindowsApps folder, and it worked, I installed Conan Exiles and I can play it, however, I do not see the options to enable mods on the game page like said here, I can only Manage or Uninstall Game, where I can create a shortcut, uninstall the game, change drive and repair, so how can I enable mods for Conan Exiles on the new Beta for Xbox app?

:)

zerinhoZ, Dec 2, 2021
  2. AridLizard Win User

Fallout 4

did the mod have specific instructions for disabling it? (you might need to look on the mod's page on the Fallout Nexus mod site to see if there are)

can you re-enable the mod to see if that fixes the problem?

are you starting a new game or continuing from a save that had the mod enabled?

if you are loading a save, try starting a new game to see if the problem persists.

if you are starting a new game, do you still have mods enabled?
  3. ngocphi Win User

Mods are not enabled. Even though they are enabled

Me and my friends are trying to mod Conan Exiles, most of my friends can play with mods, but some of us get an error that says " Mods are not enabled. Please check Microsoft Store's documentation on how to enable mods".

We have modifications enabled in the xbox store app, we are also able to modify files in the game directory since it is in ModifiableWindowsApps.
    I have tried opening it as administrator, I have also tried installing the mods manually to see if I can connect to the server without the error popping up.

None of these things have worked, so if anyone has the same problem, or if anyone can help with this, it would be absolutely great since there is no information on this topic online.
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/enable-pc-game-mods
  4. SamQY Win User

Xbox game pass mods

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It just depends on the game developer. I recommend contacting them and asked them to enable the Mods.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Can't enable mods

Hello, how are you? Hope you're well. My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. In the article below you can check out a section on how to control and activate mods for child profiles.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

- Check if the tips in the article above solve the problem.

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you. Let me know if you have more questions, please.
  6. danworwood Win User

Can't enable mods

Hi I have managed to sort the problem out I just restarted my pc and logged back into the app and it has allowed me to enable mods thankyou anyway
Thema:

1. How to enable mods on the new Xbox app? - Similar Threads - enable mods app

2. Cannot "Enable Mods" on Oblivion

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot "Enable Mods" on Oblivion: When I go into the xbox app, and to the oblivion game page; I click the ... and when I try to enable mods, the button is disabled: [img] I seen a thread that said if there are some kind of...
  3. I can't ENABLE MODS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't ENABLE MODS: I want modify Halo Master Chief Collection, however the button "enable mods" doesn't works. I already ran the game , update the xbox application but the button doesn't works ;-; [img]...
  4. Can't enable mods

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't enable mods: Hi I'm trying to enable mods on football manager 22 through the Xbox app on pc however when I click enable mods it says IDs not available for children and teen users and the enable mods button is...
  5. I've joined the beta for Xbox app on Windows 10, now I can't find how to enable mods.

in XboX Insiders
    I've joined the beta for Xbox app on Windows 10, now I can't find how to enable mods.: As you can see in this post, I'm trying to play Conan Exiles with mods using the new Beta Updates for the Xbox App on Windows 10, my friend is playing from steam and using mods, when I try to join...
  6. Gamepass unable to enable mods

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamepass unable to enable mods: I've been trying to enable mods on several games such as Conan exiles and state of decay 2 but the enable mods button is blacked out and unable to be clicked. I've tried repairing, resetting and...
  7. Mods are not enabled. Even though they are enabled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mods are not enabled. Even though they are enabled: Me and my friends are trying to mod Conan Exiles, most of my friends can play with mods, but some of us get an error that says " Mods are not enabled. Please check Microsoft Store's documentation...
  8. I can't enable mods / Não consigo instalar mods

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't enable mods / Não consigo instalar mods: I'm trying to install mods in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and I can't enable mods. I'm an xbox game pass customer and I'm not sure if I have the benefit of enabling mods, I click on enable...
  9. Halo MCC will not enable mods

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo MCC will not enable mods: I followed the instructions to enable mods though the xbox pc app. Going to the game details, then more, then enable mods. It acts like it is successful however when I select open the mods folder...
  10. Xbox app enable mods on more games

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app enable mods on more games: Now that the xbox app supports mods on some games, are there any plans to roll it out to more games? Mainly the ability to add more games to the modifiablewindowsapp folder. It works well, but it...