How to fix xbox one controller joysticks not returning to center?

Discus and support How to fix xbox one controller joysticks not returning to center? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I bought the Minecraft Limited Edition xbox one a a year ago. Along with it came the minecraft themed xbox controller. I have started to notice... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by St1ckzVix, Aug 1, 2019.

1. St1ckzVix
    St1ckzVix Guest

So, I bought the Minecraft Limited Edition xbox one a a year ago. Along with it came the minecraft themed xbox controller. I have started to notice that I have controller drift. I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with regular controller drift. When
    I push my stick a little bit in a direction, it does not return back to the center. This isn't usually a problem, but becomes one in Fortnite. I use a 0.05 deadzone, which basically means I have to push the stick a very small amount to activate movement. I
    plan to get a new controller this black friday or if there are any sales, as I believe this happened due to frequent accidental controller drops. If I will be able to fix it without too much to do, I'd try. Anyone else with this problem?

:)

St1ckzVix, Aug 1, 2019
  2. ScheduledAbyss8 Win User

This is a problem that afflicts many players, and it happened to me with the Halo controller I couldn't do anything, if yours is still under warranty, send it to assistance to have it repaired or replaced.
    https://support.xbox.com
  3. ChevyTripp89 Win User

I too have had these issues with multiple Microsoft brand and third party controllers . It is
    not your dead zone settings, but more along the lines of the bands (rubber) that gives the sticks resistance and returned it to their 0y0x state. The bands wear out and lose their elasticity. Also, sometimes, if you slowly rotate the stick(s)
    at their outer most circumference, you may feel a notch or divet, it is a result of, but not limited to ;

1) The plastic peg the joy stick mounts on to engage the positioning of the modulator. or

2) Excess wear from constant or prolonged pressure in that general area.

There are many alternatives to solves these and alike issues, which may include, but I
    do not recommend in lieu of voiding your warranty.

Buying a set of joy stick modules, replace repair yourself, for temporary use until replacement.

Microsoft does recommend not buying third-party controllers but is also another cheap alternative.

I know this is an excessive amount of writing, but I do hope this may help guide you in the right direction.
  4. Ellarianora Win User

Yeah, I have this exact problem so in short, just get a new controller or try what my fellow ambassadors have said,.
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

I don't think there is a way you'll be able to fix it yourself other then adjusting the deadzone value for the game, to see if that helps a bit.
  6. tomgcarter Win User

Problem with wireless controler (joysticks not working)

This may just be a faulty controller, have you tried replacing the battery pack and/or tried using a play and charge kit. From viewing the video, you have faulty joysticks and the only way to fix these is with a replacement. If you have recently bought this
    controller, please return it to the place of purchase and ask for a replacement.

Sorry this has happened, this happened to one of my controllers after much use and their was no fix it for it.
Thema:

1. How to fix xbox one controller joysticks not returning to center? - Similar Threads - fix controller joysticks

2. Controller Issues simple fix (thanks to Juicebox customer support)

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller Issues simple fix (thanks to Juicebox customer support): I was having an issue with Guacamelee 2 on Xbox Game Pass for PC BETA. It was incorrectly registering the B button as a jump command on my OEM wired Xbox 360 controller. I contacted Juicebox...
  3. Elite controller drift fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller drift fix: How best can i fix my elite controller drift stick 8d051624-371a-406c-85e1-95614a0502be
  4. how do you fix a pdp controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do you fix a pdp controller: How to fix a pdp controller if it light up but it doesn't move anywhere and I'm not talking about a glow after dark but a regular pdp controller 37a5cc43-2472-43e1-b495-edcdba49ff6a
  5. Here is a better picture the bottom is the controller. How do I fix this?

in XboX Insiders
    Here is a better picture the bottom is the controller. How do I fix this?: [IMG] submitted by /u/UrBoiKarson [link] [comments]
  6. Boycott Xbox until they fix drifting controller issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Boycott Xbox until they fix drifting controller issue: Who is tired of dealing with drifting Xbox controllers? I suggest everyone that has had to deal with drifting controllers boycott Xbox until they fix this issue. It has to be something with the...
  7. Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way: so after looking through the internet trying to find a way to stop my d pad double clicking to no real avail, having downloaded the game controller tester from the store it became obvious my left...
  8. Designed controller warranty? Or how to fix...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Designed controller warranty? Or how to fix...: I jist had an Xbox controller designed and sent to me but the headphone port wont read my Mic right and has moved inside my controller, so I was wondering is there any warranty on these or can i...
  9. my xbox one controller is broken how can i fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one controller is broken how can i fix it?: when i put my new batteries on my controller it says batteries are low but i didnt use my new batteries aa55d584-5805-4641-8236-f7987727e3c3
  10. My Xbox controller only lights up when I have my finger on the home button. How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller only lights up when I have my finger on the home button. How do I fix it?: In the past couple days my xbox controller just started to act up and what it does is when i press the home button to turn it on the light will turn on but when i take it off the light wont come...