How to get DTS:X on my Xbox Series X

Discus and support How to get DTS:X on my Xbox Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; My soundbar both supports Atmos and DTS:X but I'm only able to get Atmos through, I have my soundbar plugged into the hdmi 2.1 ARC on my TV but it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/AtJackx, Oct 20, 2021.

1. /u/AtJackx
    /u/AtJackx Guest

My soundbar both supports Atmos and DTS:X but I'm only able to get Atmos through, I have my soundbar plugged into the hdmi 2.1 ARC on my TV but it dosnt seem to work, any ideas?

submitted by /u/AtJackx
    [link] [comments]

/u/AtJackx, Oct 20, 2021
  2. JamieWill Win User

Hello Xbox community, this is about Xbox series x/s versions of games!

Because on my Xbox series x, it only shows 'Optimized for series x/s' but if a xbox series x version of a game is NOT 'optimized' how would i know if I'm playing a series x/s version of a game?
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

New xbox S video performance.

Yes it will run at 30 fps on the Series X as well.

The Series X has a number of other advantages over the Series S, not just a higher resolution. The Series X has 6GB more RAM than the Series S and more capable graphics hardware. The Series X can run Xbox One games that were enhanced for the Xbox One X and
    run them smoother.

Only Xbox 360 and original Xbox games that were enhanced For One X get enhanced on the Series S, but unlike that machine, they max out at 1440P. Xbox One games run as they did on the original hardware, but with their own enhancements I mentioned in my previous
    reply such as smoother frame rates, unlocked resolutions and such.

For the time being, Series X and S are on par with each other frame rate wise, but only time will tell for future titles.

I'm a PC gamer (i7 and RTX 2080) as well as a console gamer. I have a Series S because I couldn't get a Series X. When the X becomes available I'll replace it.

I've not connected my Series S to my TV, it's running off my Monitor. 1080P at 120Hz is great so far.

The great thing with these consoles is their content now follows you. when I get my Series X, only old games will work and work better.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Again

If you buy the digital version of Cyberpunk 2077 I do believe you get it on both One and Series X, if that's what your wondering :)
    There's some big rumors going around that I'm hearing, that Cyberpunk 2077 will launch same day as the Xbox Series X, if true, then for me, if i was to buy Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox, it would be pointless to buy it for Xbox One, as I'm getting the Xbox Series
    X on launch day and i will be trading in my Xbox One X for some Series X games on the same day.

Again, if the rumors are true, then we already have the release date for Series X, even though Microsoft has yet to reveal the release date on the Series X other than ( "Holiday 2020" ).

I'll be getting Cyberpunk 2077 for my 4K Gaming PC, that already out performs the Xbox Series X, I'm wanting Cyberpunk 2077 to look it's best when i get it and my PC will offer that.

Not that it wont look good on Series X, Which I'm sure it will still look amazing, but I'm choosing to play it on the platform that offers the best performance, which is my PC.
  6. carseclass Win User

Will the Xbox Series X be available in November?

I would wait next year to get xbox series x I waiting for year to get xbox series x
Thema:

1. How to get DTS:X on my Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - DTS Series

2. Help please with Dolby Atmos and DTS headphones X.

in XboX Insiders
    Help please with Dolby Atmos and DTS headphones X.: How do I remove Dolby Atmos and DTS headphones X from my settings on Xbox please. I did the trail and now my headphones are not working properly. submitted by /u/swaste2000 [link] [comments]
  3. XBOX ONE S - white noise instead of music, not able to play a DTS music CD,

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S - white noise instead of music, not able to play a DTS music CD,: Hello All, I am trying to a play a Music CD (its a Sheryl crow disc, which says "requires a DTS-capable playback system") but get only white noise. The CD plays well on my other DVD players. I...
  4. 8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to...

in XboX Insiders
    8 second reoccurring audio cut outs DTS Surround Sound Xbox Series X to Sony A80J to...: I am tossing this out there right now as I am in the process of troubleshooting the issue with Sony support. Here is the setup: Xbox Series X (set to bitstream out, DTS Surround Sound) HDMI 2.1...
  5. Windows Sonic Vs Dolby Atmos Headphones vs DTS Headphone: one clear winner?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows Sonic Vs Dolby Atmos Headphones vs DTS Headphone: one clear winner?: Let's just say that I liked the headphone effect in movies ever since I got a Turtle Beach x41 because my friend recommended that as a cheap alternative to a $10,000 labor insulation of a surround...
  6. XSX: Passing compressed basic DTS stream via optical from DTS-HD MA Blu Ray?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XSX: Passing compressed basic DTS stream via optical from DTS-HD MA Blu Ray?: I have my XSX hooked up to an older reciever which supports Dolby Digital EX / DTS-ES via optical through my TV and am trying to pass the compressed basic DTS stream that's embedded in the...
  7. Anyone else having issue with DTS for headphones enabling itself?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having issue with DTS for headphones enabling itself?: I have both the Atmos and DTS apps for headphones installed, but I prefer the Atmos app so I have that enabled in the audio settings. Starting tonight, any time I plug a headset into my...
  8. I have a Yamaha rx v681 connected to my xsx with bitstream dts x selected but I get no...

in XboX Insiders
    I have a Yamaha rx v681 connected to my xsx with bitstream dts x selected but I get no...: DTS:X Yamaha rx v681 submitted by /u/CG679 [link] [comments]
  9. Latest skip ahead enables TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD MA etc. in Plex (if your receiver supports it)

in XboX Insiders
    Latest skip ahead enables TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD MA etc. in Plex (if your receiver supports it): Audio Passthrough support on Xbox beta - Plex Players / Gaming Consoles - Plex Forum Tested with pretty much all of the above. Everything plays! Be sure to opt in on the Plex Beta in the Insider...
  10. Xbox 1 x error code 0x80bd0009 dts x home theater

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 x error code 0x80bd0009 dts x home theater: I own the Samsung Harmon Kardon HW-N950 soundbar which features Dolby Atmos/DTS-X .I downloaded and installed the Dts x firmware, then followed the setup instructions. When I try to select the Dts...