How to get NAT Type Open when using phone as hotspot

Discus and support How to get NAT Type Open when using phone as hotspot in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My xbox has been struggling with connecting to multiplayer when using my phone as a hot spot. Has been fine previously but now says cannot get a Teredo... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AlexPage4, Mar 19, 2020.

1. AlexPage4
    AlexPage4 Guest

My xbox has been struggling with connecting to multiplayer when using my phone as a hot spot. Has been fine previously but now says cannot get a Teredo IP adress and NAT Type is unavailable. Any suggestions please?

:)

AlexPage4, Mar 19, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hey AlexPage4,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console's NAT type is affecting your ability to use multiplayer features due to a Teredo IP address error. The Teredo IP address allows the console to connect to Xbox Live and use multiplayer
    features. There is minimal troubleshooting that can be done when a cell phone is being used as a hot spot. The reason for this is due to the fact that we normally need to log in to your home network's router settings in order to resolve the issue.

You can try turning off the hotspot, restarting your mobile device and attempting to connect to the network again. We have as support article on our website that provides troubleshooting for the

Teredo IP address error message
    . Although, most of these troubleshooting steps will not be usable since you are using a hotspot. If your data is throttled by your provider, that could affect your console's connection as well. Be sure to let us know the
    results AlexPage4!
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

When you use your phone as a hotspot, you cannot have an open NAT for 2 reason:

1) ISP don't give you Public IP, you are connected to internet trough a Gateway

2) not only you don't have a public IP, but ypou cannot open and forward specific port and protocol to Xbox One
  4. FreakRoach Win User

Upnp unsuccessfull NAT type strict xboxone

I believe that the phone providers do not support UpNp and thus you will not be able to update it to change your NAT type when using your phone's connection as a hotspot connection.
  5. Smuroh Win User

NAT Type suddenly changed to strict using iPhone hot spot.

Hey,

So i have done some digging and have found out that "Due to the nature of smartphones or mobile hotspots, I’m afraid opening a NAT type is not possible without first tethering your phone to a computer (laptop). This is mainly because these mobile hotspots
    and smartphones do not support a UPnP routing option."

There is a work around that you can try and can read the article here (https://forums.att.com/t5/Phone-Device-Upgrades/Open-Nat-Type-On-Phone-Hotspot/td-p/4976507)
    but apparently it will slow your speeds down and may not work 100%.
  6. midgetburrito Win User

error 0x40002000064

Anyone know how to open the NAT when using Connectify Hotspot? I have to run this hotspot off my laptop at my university to access Xbox Live, but I keep getting the same error.
Thema:

1. How to get NAT Type Open when using phone as hotspot - Similar Threads - NAT Type Open

2. Service info unavailable but Nat type is open

in XBoX on Consoles
    Service info unavailable but Nat type is open: Ok so I’ve been playing Xbox for a long time and I have always had a wired connection, with my router/modem behind my tv. That being said, I have great network statistics: 586.58 Mbps download,...
  3. Xbox Networking, NAT Type Open, but Server connectivity Blocked

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Networking, NAT Type Open, but Server connectivity Blocked: Hello, I will thank you now for your time this I believe is unsolvable, prove me wrong? So, of course I have done a lot of troubleshooting already and this is what I have done: I followed this:...
  4. : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends: : My nat type is open but unable to play live games with friends Thanks for the help man. However i haven't yet got the chance to check.. I will try the suggested step and definitely let you know....
  5. NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT?

in XboX Insiders
    NAT Type failed to obtain, but I have open NAT?: [IMG] submitted by /u/Swordeaser [link] [comments]
  6. Another NAT type error, does anyone have a fix for this? All other network tests shown open...

in XboX Insiders
    Another NAT type error, does anyone have a fix for this? All other network tests shown open...: [IMG] submitted by /u/ienjoytomatoes [link] [comments]
  7. Nat type : Open -- server connectivity : Blocked (can't find fix for the blocked) would...

in XBoX on Windows
    Nat type : Open -- server connectivity : Blocked (can't find fix for the blocked) would...: i would love any help i tried this fixes https://support.xbox.com/he-IL/xbox-on-windows/social/server-connectivity-xbox-app-displays-blocked but still nothing its same i can't have a fix for it...
  8. Xbox App says NAT type strict; it's set to Open.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App says NAT type strict; it's set to Open.: This is only one among the countless problems I've encountered on the windows 10 xbox app. I tried to join a party to chat with friends, but the app says my NAT type is set to strict. It's not....
  9. AT&T: Open NAT types for two Xboxes?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    AT&T: Open NAT types for two Xboxes?: AT&T (ISPs): Open NAT types for two Xboxes? I did this but dmz is not working correctly it has strict nat type and cant even connect to xbox Could you go over the steps once more and assign each...
  10. Server Connectivity Blocked (NAT Type: Open)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Server Connectivity Blocked (NAT Type: Open): Hi guys, I recently purchased State of Decay 2 Ultimate Edition Preorder and attempted to play multiplayer online. After wondering why nobody was joining for a day, I invited a friend and all we...