How to get your name to not be seen on Xbox

Discus and support How to get your name to not be seen on Xbox in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For some reason Microsoft allows ppl to see my real name. It's creepy. I can't find anywhere to change it. How to keep it just your username and not... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TomBot019, Oct 4, 2021.

1. /u/TomBot019
    /u/TomBot019 Guest

For some reason Microsoft allows ppl to see my real name. It's creepy. I can't find anywhere to change it. How to keep it just your username and not real name on the side?

submitted by /u/TomBot019
    [link] [comments]

/u/TomBot019, Oct 4, 2021
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

sons gamer tag is attached to all my emails

Hi Karina,

An Xbox Gamertag won't appear in your emails as a signature or display name in any way. I've personally never seen that before, especially if the Xbox account uses a Microsoft account that was created using a third-party email (Gmail, yahoo, work emails).
    If you use a Microsoft affiliated email address (outlook, hotmail, msn), then the display name you see when you login to your Microsoft account could be seen in emails. Do you use a third party or Microsoft affiliated email?

Follow this support article, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027722/microsoft-account-how-to-change-your-display-name,
    for further instructions on how to change that display name.
  3. M 1 A 1 Win User

WTF xbox! This is outrageous!

What is the Air Marshalls? The person who hacked your account added me and I seen the name was changed. Sorry about that man, Xbox's security has flaws still. Hope you get your account back!
  4. Mister Cazador Win User

How to get a account name

Hi there, Smwutches is indeed correct. We're afraid if you're unable to choose a specific gamertag, you'll need to select a different one.
    Games for Windows Live, Xbox games for Windows, Zune, and Xbox Live all use the same gamertag system but not the same chat system. Gamertags are also tied to services like Zune or Games for Windows LIVE. If a gamertag doesn't exist on Xbox, it might
    be in use on one of those services. If you try sending the gamertag you want a friend request and it says it’s not a valid gamertag that just means it isn’t used on Xbox LIVE, but it could be used for Zune or Games for Windows Live.
  5. Smwutches Win User

How to get a account name

The only way to get the tag would be for the owner to change it to something else, or if he does not sign into the account for 5 years (starting in 2016) it will be released. Keep in mind that the tag system is in use on other Microsoft services. So even
    if it's not in use on an Xbox, it may be in use somewhere else.
  6. Hallower Uchiha Win User

Suggestion for new update

It says on your name offline instead of last seen*
Thema:

1. How to get your name to not be seen on Xbox - Similar Threads - name

2. Xbox gamertag name change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag name change: Is there any way to know if i changed my gamertag or old gamertags other than seeing i have to pay for a new one? i'm sure that i changed my gamertag a week ago then when i logged back in halo...
  3. Gamertag/Display name/Account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag/Display name/Account name: Hi all, I've noticed a problem lately with my account. My display name in-game does not seem to match my gamertag/account name. My gamertag on Xbox is , but when I play in-game, I'm displayed as...
  4. Forced Name Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forced Name Change: I was not given notice to change my name, and my name was changed automatically without letting me pick a different one. I will not (and cannot afford) to change the account name....
  5. what is the proper name for this in halo infinite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    what is the proper name for this in halo infinite: what are those things in the maps you jump on and it repels you a great distance across the map. cda6016d-8282-48c5-bbee-a9d4d00832d9
  6. Gamertag has numbers though my name is unique as far as I looked up.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag has numbers though my name is unique as far as I looked up.: Hello, So I want to change my gamertag to not have numbers at the end of them, at first I thought it was ok because Blizz does the same thing and the numbers are a no show in game, only in social...
  7. can't launch any game on my xbox pc app due to file name syntax error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't launch any game on my xbox pc app due to file name syntax error: when I launch any game from Xbox pc app it gives me a file name syntax error. I think Xbox app stores the games in the windows app folder. I took ownership of the folder with full controls to...
  8. Xbox name changing problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox name changing problem: hello! i changed my xbox name on my account at 9.11.2021 and it changed the name of my second account to the same name too, and i have now to pay for changing the name for the second account can...
  9. Naming of the consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Naming of the consoles: Who thinks xbox staff should really work on naming their consoles cause it's confusing. If yes say "YES" if no say "NO" Lets draw their attention :( 28676d32-a78b-4e94-9b55-08533f8e1350
  10. I can't name or rename custom game variants on MCC Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't name or rename custom game variants on MCC Xbox one: I'm trying to make some custom game modes on MCC for playing split screen with friends but when I change settings and press save as it automatically saves it as a private game mode for example I'm...