how to have xbox live gold membership shared with 2 consoles

Discus and support how to have xbox live gold membership shared with 2 consoles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; we have 2 xbox consoles in our house. Before we bought the 2nd console, we had a live gold membership for 2 years added to the 1st console. Then I got... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by badefamily, Mar 11, 2019.

1. badefamily
    badefamily Guest

we have 2 xbox consoles in our house. Before we bought the 2nd console, we had a live gold membership for 2 years added to the 1st console. Then I got my console. My brother's is the home console with the xbox live gold membership info on it. How can I
    add it to my console so I can go online.? We have read about making both consoles the "home" console and that didn't work. It took away stuff from my brother's console and I still can't go online. we don't want to buy another live gold membership when people
    have said it is possible to share it.

:)

badefamily, Mar 11, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Gameshare questions...

ok. Thanks for the help. How about this scenario.

Xbox 1 - Set as my Home Xbox with Gold, but uses separate free membership account.

Xbox 2- Set as Home Xbox with free membership, but I sign in and play with The Gold account.

Would this allow the two consoles to share Xbox Live? Or am I missing something here?
    If the gold is tied to your account, you would be sharing gold in either scenario. You can only share gold on one console at a time. You can set another console as your Home console so you can share your gold there, and you can use your gold on any console
    you sign into.
  3. StayHl Win User

Gameshare questions...

ok. Thanks for the help. How about this scenario.

Xbox 1 - Set as my Home Xbox with Gold, but uses separate free membership account.

Xbox 2- Set as Home Xbox with free membership, but I sign in and play with The Gold account.

Would this allow the two consoles to share Xbox Live? Or am I missing something here?
  4. onyxishere Win User

Xbox live 2 connection.?

so my Xbox live has ran out and instead of paying for me and my bros is there a way that we can share one Xbox live membership on 2 separate accounts on two separate consoles ? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

If you are both on an Xbox One then the answer is yes. Simply set the account that has the Gold membership as Home on the second console and the membership will be shared to any other tags on that console. The same applies to games as well
    To make this work would I have to have his act on my Xbox and if so would I have to be signed in to his act for it to work

Here's a link on how to set Home on a console https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Once done you can either keep the account on your console or delete it. The account does not need to be signed in for you to share the gold membership.
  5. Mister Urkel Win User

If I move my child's gamertag to a "child" Microsoft account, does the XBOX Gold membership move with the gamertag?

On the Xbox One you share one membership as long as the they label this console their home console. Now the sharing of gold membership on the Xbox One console is limited to just the One. If your son decides to also play the 360 still and wants to play on
    live you will need to continue to purchase a live membership after it expires. As long as you migrate his Gamertag correctly to the new console, everything will transfer as well.

So again. Yes everything will transfer when you sign on to the correct account on the Xbox One console. You will have access to share the gold membership on the Xbox One console. If you want to use the 360 still each person will need to have a separate gold
    membership in order to access live.

Hope this helps.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi there,

Yes, essentially that is how it works. If your brother's account is the one with the Gold membership then he will just need to add his account to your Xbox and then have him set your console as the Home console. You should at that point be able to play multiplayer
    without needing your brother's account signed in. It still needs to be on the console set as Home, so don't remove the Xbox from the console after you set up the sharing.

Let us know if you have any more questions.
Thema:

1. how to have xbox live gold membership shared with 2 consoles - Similar Threads - live gold membership

2. Is there such thing as Xbox one a live gold membership signup if so could U send me a link

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there such thing as Xbox one a live gold membership signup if so could U send me a link: I am atartsta to become veey annoyed with the whole xbox free one month trisl membership i cant find anything that exists wiyhout having to buy game passes coukd u plesse advise...
  3. Live Gold trial membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live Gold trial membership: I just got my son an Xbox One S. Included in the nox was a trial membership for Live Gold. I redeemed the code through my Iphone app. My question is how do I activate it, where on the Xbox do i...
  4. Xbox Live Gold Membership (Digital Code)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Membership (Digital Code): purchased gift card from microsoft.com. son went to redeem code on his xbox account, he clicked on "accept". nothing happened. he x'd out.. went back in to redeem code and said code was already...
  5. Requires Xbox Live Gold Membership??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Requires Xbox Live Gold Membership??: so, we would like to purchase Battlefield V for our xbox one and play single campaign...cannot afford a gold membership and NEVER play multi player - on the game sleeve it says; "Requires Xbox...
  6. Returned Xbox 1s, Microsoft fixed it, now my gold live membership won’t show up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Returned Xbox 1s, Microsoft fixed it, now my gold live membership won’t show up: We had to return my xbox one s due to a power supply issue or something. Microsoft returned the machine after repairing it, but now we cant recver our xbox gold live membership which is paid for...
  7. cannot purchase a Xbox Live Gold membership (12-month)

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot purchase a Xbox Live Gold membership (12-month): I've purchased the Gold 12-month membership (for gifts) twice, and at the third try, it said 'cannot purchase, please ask Microsoft' (in Korean) I've checked my credit card limit, but I had enough...
  8. Xbox live gold membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold membership: hi, basically i bought Xbox 1 live gold membership online, got the code and redeemed using my computer, my question is how do i use the live gold membership on my Xbox one because when i type the...
  9. My Xbox Live Gold membership is not appearing on my Xbox or my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox Live Gold membership is not appearing on my Xbox or my Microsoft account: A few years ago I added recurring billing for my yearly Xbox Live Gold membership. However, I wish to turn off this feature. I checked the "services and subscriptions" section of my Microsoft...
  10. Xbox Live Gold membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold membership: I been trying to pay for the 12 month subscription for gold membership since yesterday and for some reason it won't let me like it keeps saying " Sorry, there's a problem with the Xbox service....