How to improve latency with Xbox Console Streaming?

Discus and support How to improve latency with Xbox Console Streaming? in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I want to play when Im away from home, like at work for example when im on break, but when I connect to my Xbox its a bit laggy and has a horrible... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by The Jeydrick 9, Feb 5, 2020.

1. How to improve latency with Xbox Console Streaming?

I want to play when Im away from home, like at work for example when im on break, but when I connect to my Xbox its a bit laggy and has a horrible latency, the only time it has worked has been at a family members house who uses the same wifi internet company
    and 100MB plan just like me, but with mobile data at work, its iags pretty bad, and I cant cse the facilities wifi for it cause they have gaming restrictions on it. I've tested the streaming network connection on my Xbox and everything is fine except the latency
    which is above the recommended amount of 60, somewhere around 5, i've connected it to my router by a CAT5e erhernet cable, also have a CAT5 but guessed the 5e was better, but the best it can do is around 75.

:)

The Jeydrick 9, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry to hear it. If your console is at home and you're connecting remotely then you will experience some lag as it needs to connect from your home internet and travel to your work then connect to your work internet.

If you're unable to get a usable connection at work then you may need to wait until afterwards to test the system and see what's happening with it
  3. annix Win User

Unfortunately for now, game streaming on mobile data isn't a great solution, 5G will improve latency a great deal but it can only do so much. I've found that xCloud gives me significantly better performance over console streaming,regardless of network
    condition - likely because the servers are better optimized for video encoding and haveassive data bandwidth data center connections. What're youR upload speeds like at home?
  4. BraveSir Paul Win User

How to improve latency

I am also in Oz (also Brisie) using FTTN and also have the same issue - high latency, but with fast download speeds (92Mbps down, 37Mbps up, 12 ms ping)
  5. alexander01365 Win User

How to improve latency

Cuántos dispositivos tienes conectados en la red?
  6. Mythic Sandman Win User

Lag

Great Download speed. Upload is decent. Improving with hard wiring in your internet connection to the console will benefit better latency performance.
Thema:

1. How to improve latency with Xbox Console Streaming? - Similar Threads - improve latency Console

2. Xbox achievements improvement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox achievements improvement: When i click my Achievements app on xbox one it would be amazing if there was a simple search for either the name of an achievement or the name of a game. what do you think ? Am i the only one...
  3. OneDrive "app" on Xbox One Needs improvement after recent update

in XboX Insiders
    OneDrive "app" on Xbox One Needs improvement after recent update: Here are the problems I'm seeing: It's not an app anymore, it's an MS Edge integrated program. That means we have to navigate it like we would in MS Edge on Xbox One - that is to say poorly....
  4. Dns settings to improve lag.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dns settings to improve lag.: Live in ny area. best dns server that will perform better. does 50 ft ethernet cable lag more than a 10' ft 359aa7c0-cb2a-45f9-8e78-65f7cec140de
  5. Change your game to improve your aim.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change your game to improve your aim.: I play any game as long it's a game I can enjoy, because the more I play the better I become and I love forza series. They always say practise makes perfect. 9b98770c-e08d-4d2b-8aca-c1e99f5878f5
  6. How to improve latency

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to improve latency: Hi all, On my Xbox I am experiencing high latency compared that of my bandwidth and upload. Details summary below: [img] However my speed test displays this on the same wired connection that...
  7. : How can I improve my latency?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : How can I improve my latency?: : How can I improve my latency? He said he bought a wifi package which to me means it could be cellular based similar to a hotspot which is not recommended for gaming....
  8. How to improve windows 10 xbox streaming latency/input lag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to improve windows 10 xbox streaming latency/input lag?: Hello fellow gamers, I have a few questions involving the xbox app on windows 10. When streaming xbox to windows 10 I have extremely high latency. If you do not know what latency is it is the...
  9. Best router settings to improve latency/lag? Netgear R7000 Nighthalk, Qos, etc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best router settings to improve latency/lag? Netgear R7000 Nighthalk, Qos, etc.: Bottom line up front: I am in search of the settings that provide the best online experience specifically for Advanced Warfare (single xbox setup). I.E. provide the lowest latency experience. No...
  10. Improve ping / latency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Improve ping / latency: Let us work together to document things that can improve latency. With the Xbox network test we can see our ping to the same server every time. This will provide a standard for comparison. Let's...