how to install a normal browser, not edge

Discus and support how to install a normal browser, not edge in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; can someone please tell me how to install browser like firefox or opera on xbox? im not gonna use edge because it sucks. ps: i dont talk about chrome... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Kriksto, Aug 6, 2022 at 3:42 AM.

1. Kriksto
    Kriksto Guest

can someone please tell me how to install browser like firefox or opera on xbox? im not gonna use edge because it sucks. ps: i dont talk about chrome or chromium.

:)

2. ngocphi Win User

As mentioned you can't because you aren't talking about a computer here

It's a custom os a d don't run exe.files

Firefox or opera don't have Xbox runtimes

Everything that needs to run on a console requires a proper runtime program

Computer programs can't just be inserted without a runtime

Consider it fortunate series and Xbox one are the only next gen console with a modern browser

Ps4/5 is based on the ancient webkit

Whereas Xbox is based on chromium edge for better compatibility with substandards them even chrome which is saying alot

You even have html 5 websites dedicated to play html5 games on xbox

Consoles aren't computers as mentioned if you are trying to do something that isnt meant for consoles like installing unauthorized mods then it's a no

Consoles are sandboxed for a resson

Even sony learned the hard way by allowing unauthorized zero day bugs (hacked vitas)
  3. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Design lab xbox one empty cart

I normally use Microsoft Edge as my alternate browser.
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Installing Internet Explorer or Edge in X Box 360

With the latest dashboard update you should have Edge browser installed on the Xbox 360. You don't install Internet explorer or Edge, they come preinstalled and they can't be uninstalled. Please look for it in the apps list.
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

How do I install microsoft edge on my xbox360?

Xbox 360 does not support the Edge browser, so it cannot be installed. I believe Xbox 360 has the Internet Explorer browser still available.
  6. TechSGT1 Win User

Microsoft Edge issues

I have also seen youtube videos that say how bad EDGE is, and it is so bad that there are programs out there designed to REMOVE Edge from Windows PC's. If Edge was designed for Windows PC's or XBOX 1, it was poorly designed, and leaves you wondering what
    Microsoft was thinking - They simply could have allowed IE 11 to be installed and forget EDGE - ESPECIALLY when Edge does NOT have any support for add ons or seems to be incomplete - I would NOT use EDGE for anything - Give us a Real Browser!!! NOT a Broken
    down, non-working, crippled version of a new browser which does not work!!!

Thank You!

Brian
Thema:

1. how to install a normal browser, not edge - Similar Threads - install normal browser

2. game installation stopping

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game installation stopping: so after accidentally formatting my external hard drive back in February I was happy to find my save games still in tact due to them being tied to my account, not my external hard drive but when I...
  3. Gamepass: Error 0x80073d0d when trying to install any game on an external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass: Error 0x80073d0d when trying to install any game on an external hard drive: Hello, I tried to play games from the gamepass that were installed on my external hard drive. When clicking on the games in the Xbox App, I got this message: "[Game] can’t open because it is...
  4. Game installation stops on Series S after July update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game installation stops on Series S after July update: I purchased the Series S in June '22 and didn't have any issues in terms of downloading games till July. After the July update, I started experiencing the issue, games stop downloading/ Installing...
  5. Has anyone noticed the smart delivery system is not installing the optimized for Series S...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone noticed the smart delivery system is not installing the optimized for Series S...: I noticed this on July 21st when I factory reset my series X. I was reinstalling my games and I noticed that Mass Effect legendary edition instead of being 93.8 GB was suddenly according to the...
  6. I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install any games that require "Administrator Approval" (XBox PC App) - Have tried...: Hello, I have a brand new computer running Windows 10. This new computer has a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation and I have run all the updates for Windows. I cannot install any games that require...
  7. Installation stopped in all methods

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installation stopped in all methods: I use xbox one with disc option I tried to download gta 5 premium edition disc Through 5ghz network and I tried all methods like 1.Going offline 2.Clearing locally saved games...
  8. Can I buy a physical game and install on my normal Xbox one and the download the game on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I buy a physical game and install on my normal Xbox one and the download the game on my...: Okay, so I have two Xbox One consoles. One is the standard with a physical drive and the other a digital edition. There are a number of older games that I can purchase as a physical copy for a...
  9. Can't install normal version of the minecraft bedrock edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install normal version of the minecraft bedrock edition: So after the minecon last year I enrolled in the minecraft insider beta program to see what the new skin customizer looked like. After that I just kinda left it there not playing it. And now I...
  10. Why XboxOne takes forever to install? Is it normal?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why XboxOne takes forever to install? Is it normal?: my xbox one takes approximately 3 to 4 days to download/install a game demo. Is this normal or is it that my x1 is defective? Please help!!!! And also today it all in a sudden it doesn't hear my...