How to make controller not fall asleep OR disable thumb sticks while in co-pilot

Discus and support How to make controller not fall asleep OR disable thumb sticks while in co-pilot in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My situation is specific, I use a mic line from my computer into my controller. I want to game with a 2nd wireless controller. But to keep my mic... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by xpercipio, Apr 10, 2019.

1. xpercipio
    xpercipio Guest

How to make controller not fall asleep OR disable thumb sticks while in co-pilot

My situation is specific, I use a mic line from my computer into my controller. I want to game with a 2nd wireless controller. But to keep my mic controller on, it has to be touched every 15 minutes. I can't plug it's usb into my xbox because it creates
    a ground loop buzz thats very loud to my party/game chat. I tried using co-pilot, but the thumb sticks combine, so it creates stick drift that is unplayable. I need to keep my controller awake for long periods of time, or I need to turn off the thumb sticks
    somehow.

I can't just use a rubber band on my mic controller because it will still send input when the home button is pressed on 2nd wireless controller.

Not sure if theres an option that will work for me.

:)

xpercipio, Apr 10, 2019
  2. zzIRISMAXIMUSzz Win User

Only way to keep the controller on is to take batteries out and plug the controller in directly to a power source. This may also fix the buzzing noise. But you may have the headset picking up interference from something near you.
  3. Mc Cheshire Cat Win User

Hey,

have you tried taking the batteries out and having the controller plugged in that stops the buzzing most of the time for me.
  4. Anhur_XB Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller for Non Disabled Gamers

Imo using the adaptive controller in co-pilot mode would be a great replacement for the elite controller.

Set up foot pedals to replace the paddles.
  5. Nitramuse Win User

How to control the sprint

You mean how to run? You press the left thumb-stick when walking.
  6. LOBAGOOBIE Win User

Ideas for DLC/ Halo 4

Okay, time to post more.

Dropships, Phantom/Pelican

The Dropships would have the same controls as the Falcon, that'd make them easier to control, they would have to have a button to open and close their troop bays, and a button to land/deploy tractor beam.

When you go inside the phantom, there would be computer consoles in the troop bay for Pilot/co-pilot, and in the Pelican there would be a small passage to the pilot/co-pilot seat.

The pilot would control movement, and the co-pilot would control the heavy weapons.

They would both see the same screen, with an aiming reticule on it (this way the pilot would be able to tell where their co-pilot was aiming) T

he Phantom co-pilot would control the concussion cannon (it'd lock on to air targets) and the pelican would have chaingun and rockets (like the H3 hornet) they'd be able to do the same amount of damage in the same amount of time so it'd be (somewhat) balanced.

Players would be able to walk around freely in the troop bay while it's flying.

Both Dropships will be able to have their troop bays open in flight.

The Phantom would have it's two side mounted plasma cannons, and the Pelican would have it's rear facing turret.

We'd be able to put spawn points inside both.

We don't really need a Spirit with the Phantom, and It'd be a lot harder to make.
Thema:

1. How to make controller not fall asleep OR disable thumb sticks while in co-pilot - Similar Threads - controller fall asleep

2. Controller still falls under the warranty but can't request for a replacement.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller still falls under the warranty but can't request for a replacement.: Hi everyone, So my customized controller is not working correctly, the RS drifts up and when I start up my xbox, instead of just moving up/down/left/right with 1 step at the time, my controller...
  3. my elite controller is out of warranty but the rubber grips keep falling off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my elite controller is out of warranty but the rubber grips keep falling off: my elite controller is out of warranty but the rubber grips keep falling off its relly poor considering the amount of money paid for this! not a happy xbox one user who has spent hundreds and...
  4. Grip in Xbox One Elite Controller Falling Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grip in Xbox One Elite Controller Falling Off: Split from this thread. [img] Mine completely peeled away... And there's no way in hell Microsoft is getting another penny out of me for another controller. In fact I've shown my controller...
  5. Grip in Xbox One Elite Controller Falling Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grip in Xbox One Elite Controller Falling Off: Title says it all I suppose, but after using my elite controller for a short while the left hand grip has started to fall out. I am quite disappointed that, given the price point, this would...
  6. Elite Controller ( rubbers on the my controller falling off my remote )

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller ( rubbers on the my controller falling off my remote ): Hi bought an Elite controller almost 1 1/2 years ago to go with my Xbox one system. I tansfered it over to my Xbox One X since then and everything was great up until about 2 weeks ago when I...
  7. Xbox one Elite Controller grips - Rubber falling off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Elite Controller grips - Rubber falling off.: I'm posting this as new because through some searching I've found it to be a widespread issue. I've had my elite controller for a little more than three months and the right rubber grip has fallen...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller Falling Apart

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Falling Apart: Hi there. I purchased the Xbox Elite controller a few of years back, a year or so ago my controller broke. Xbox replaced it promptly and it was resolved quickly. The first replacement lasted six...
  9. Elite controller falling apart

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller falling apart: I have an Xbox elite controller from around launch time about 4 months after owning it the rubber grips started to bubble. I contacted support and they told me they could do nothing for me because...
  10. xbox one controller issues after fall update

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller issues after fall update: Hello, after the last update in Oct when pressing the home button it automatically goes to the store. After I can no longer get off the store as scrolling left to home or community will return me...