How to make the PC version of The Outer Worlds run a little better on on your system

Discus and support How to make the PC version of The Outer Worlds run a little better on on your system in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Are you suffering from performance issues for the PC version of The Outer Worlds? If so, you've come to the right place. The Outer Worlds on PC... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Obsessive Power, Oct 29, 2019.

1. How to make the PC version of The Outer Worlds run a little better on on your system

Hi,

Are you suffering from performance issues for the PC version of The Outer Worlds? If so, you've come to the right place.

The Outer Worlds on PC doesn't have a lot of scale-ability in its graphics settings at the moment. For example, graphics settings such as Anti-aliasing, Chromatic Aberration and Screen Space Reflections are not covered by the game settings, well not yet
    anyway.

How do I change these missing settings?

The game has an a very limited ini file called Engine.ini that can be edited by finding it in the App Data folder.
    MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP THIS FILE BEFORE EDITING IT!

How to get to the folder

Click on the Windows Search bar. Type %LOCALAPPDATA%

How to make the PC version of The Outer Worlds run a little better on on your system [​IMG]

Either click on the picture of the folder in the search box or press enter to get to the folder.

For the more experienced of you, the Engine.ini file is located here:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_hv3d7yfbgr2rp\LocalCache\Local\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

The folder with the file looks like this:

How to make the PC version of The Outer Worlds run a little better on on your system [​IMG]

Warning: Make a backup of this file before editing it. If something goes wrong, you can replace the file with the old one.

Double click on Engine.ini

To remove Temporal Anti-Aliasing, head to the bottom of the text file, and add the following line:

r.PostProcessAAQuality=0

To remove Depth of Field, add the line:

r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0

Alternatively, if you don’t want to disable Temporal Anti-Aliasing, you can simply add some Sharpening with the following line,

r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1

Beyond these settings, you could additionally add this line to better your frames,

r.VolumetricFog.GridSizeZ=64

To disable Chromatic Aberration, use:

r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0

You’ll notice that Ambient Occlusion and Screen Space Reflections are enabled even if you run your game on the lowest settings, so in order to disable those, add the lines:

r.SSR.Quality=0

r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0

The graphics settings mentioned should provide you with an adequate performance boost.

Hopefully when the developer releases a further update to the game, these settings should be added to the in-game menu.

:)

Obsessive Power, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Lolusc0 Win User

How to make the PC version of The Outer Worlds run a little better on on your system

Thanks man! I hope them add this option soon
  3. InsanKilla clan Win User

Thanks for the information
  4. matthewiag Win User

Quite strange that theses are not in the Graphics Menu, Hopefully they will show up in the future
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

I have actually been wanting to stream this on my PC, so thanks actually! I didn't mind the performance initially but I think this'll help an polish it up some.
  6. KNIGHT X IIMMOT Win User

Thank you so much! Helped a lot.
Thema:

1. How to make the PC version of The Outer Worlds run a little better on on your system - Similar Threads - version Outer Worlds

2. Battlefield 5 remains in trial version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield 5 remains in trial version: I just bought BF5 but the game remains in trial version, someone knows how do acc5569e-16d0-4bda-9644-0c4bbc1abff5
  3. Updating Minecraft for Xbox One to latest version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updating Minecraft for Xbox One to latest version: Hello! I am trying to update my copy of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition to the newer version (bedrock edition) There is a button on the MC main menu that says "Update to the latest version of...
  4. Incorrectly Refunded The Wrong Version Of A Game, Very Frustrated

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incorrectly Refunded The Wrong Version Of A Game, Very Frustrated: Hello Microsoft, I have already talked with someone from the online support help and they have been unable to resolve my issue even though they acknowledge that a mistake was made on Microsoft's...
  5. I apparently bought the PC version of a game... from the Xbox One Microsoft Store? Anyone?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I apparently bought the PC version of a game... from the Xbox One Microsoft Store? Anyone?: Hey guys, i made an account just to ask for questions on this issue. I'm just looking for answers as I'm pretty frustrated with this situation. I've had an xbox one for years and years - great...
  6. Battlefield V reverting to trial version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefield V reverting to trial version: Some months ago I bought and gifted Battlefield V Standard Edition my boyfriend, and we both owned it through the home Xbox sharing system. I had played it and everything was working fine, I had...
  7. microsoft ultimate word games premium version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft ultimate word games premium version: I have the premium version of this game and now has reverted back to adverts can anyone help??? da121bad-44b9-4827-beaf-afa28a320fbe
  8. The Outer Worlds started crashing today in game pass for PC version. Any hotfix coming?

in XBoX on Windows
    The Outer Worlds started crashing today in game pass for PC version. Any hotfix coming?: I have been playing The Outer Worlds since it became available on Windows Game Pass PC and has been working flawlessly. However today the 29th October I start the game and get into it, and go to...
  9. Outer Worlds (PC Gamepass version) save file doesn't work when I'm signed into Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Outer Worlds (PC Gamepass version) save file doesn't work when I'm signed into Xbox: Started playing Outer Worlds today and I started it up with my internet turned off. Now when I start the game while the internet is turned on and signed into my Xbox Live. How can I fix this so I...
  10. xbox offline software update file version is old, could you post the new one

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox offline software update file version is old, could you post the new one: Good day everyone, I have my xbox one x updated to the latest public release version which is 18363.7196.191016-1200, but something went wrong and I tried to reinstall the latest version by using...