How to not IR blast volume commands to my TV

Discus and support How to not IR blast volume commands to my TV in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi community, I'm using the Xbox Media Remote Controller with my Xbox and my Sonos Beam (connected from the TV through optical, not HDMI ARC). The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Benjamin Talmard, Feb 14, 2020.

1. How to not IR blast volume commands to my TV

Hi community,

I'm using the Xbox Media Remote Controller with my Xbox and my Sonos Beam (connected from the TV through optical, not HDMI ARC).

The Xbox is setup to control the TV to power it up and down and to "relay" volume commands.

However, my Sonos Beam is setup as well to take care of the volume commands sent from my Xbox Media Remote Controller (IR scanning)

This is why I would love to deactivate the volume commands at the Xbox level. I don't want the Xbox to send to my TV the IR volume commands it can detect.

There are settings to choose what to do with power up / down commands but I can't find settings to choose what to do with volume commands.

Any way to achieve this?

Thanks a lot.

:)

Benjamin Talmard, Feb 14, 2020
  2. MordifiedOne Win User

After NXOE, Kinect no longer sends signals for volume control, all else is fine

Mine is doing the same thing but my TV is a LG. I also checked with the phone camera for the IR blast during and after TV setup. During TV control setup I get the IR blast for mute and volume up and it controls the tv. But after setup just sitting on the
    new NXOE build I do not get the IR blast for the Mute or and volume commands and every other IR blast command works that I tried besides those.
  3. Zdubleu Win User

If I’m understanding you correctly, just plug the speaker IR to the tv and don’t have the Xbox connected that way. And use the tv remote for powering on and off.
  4. Benjamin Talmard Win User

Thanks for your answer Zdubleu.

I don't want to use the TV remote at all. I'm happy to have my Xbox powering on/off my TV thanks to IR blast.

I would like to deactivate the volume controls from my Xbox to the TV.
  5. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Need Code For Comcast Xfinity X1 Platform

Mosi - does the Kinect control other devices, like power and volume on your TV?

Also, sometimes putting the Kinect right on top or too close to the device can be a problem as the IR signal is too strong and overwhelms the receiving device.

If you have a non-iPhone digital camera, you can see the IR being blasted from the Kinect. Looking through the camera, there are 3 really bright lights in the center. To the right is the Xbox logo. The IR blaster is just to the left of that. If you do any
    IR blasting command (channel, volume, power) you should see a little light blink.
  6. Sfoto Win User

Xbox wont turn on my tv

We have now had the UK TV update, Xbox still will not turn my TV on. I have messed with the IR delay I have faffed with the power settings. It simply does not IR blast long enough for the tv to turn on. Everything else works. It is very frustrating. My TV
    does support TV ON commands. So why cant you just have another option in the power setting so your choices would be Turn on / Toggle / Do Nothing / Turn on with Long IR Blast.

It cant be that difficult to code a longer IR Blast. Any Ideas as to when this will be fixed.
Thema:

1. How to not IR blast volume commands to my TV - Similar Threads - blast volume commands

2. Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2 Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2 Xbox 360: [Translation - Hi, I'm trying to solve a problem in the dragon ball game raging blast 2 in battle zone mode, in xbox 360 problem image:] Oi,Eu estou tentando resolver um problema no jogo dragon...
  3. Dragonball raging blast 1&2 backwards compatible please make this happen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dragonball raging blast 1&2 backwards compatible please make this happen: I really miss playing these games cant believe it hasnt been backwards compatible yet please make this happen bcfbae05-8209-4646-b85b-24a9511d3727
  4. Blast out of Moon Gate unable to finish

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blast out of Moon Gate unable to finish: Hello, Is anyone else unable to complete Blast out of Moon Gate? I've contacted Microsoft Customer Support several times and they have stopped responding to my requests for help. Anyone else...
  5. Blast out of Moon gate.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blast out of Moon gate.: On the bing home page It Says, Finish what you started, Blast out of Moon Gate. 1000 points. When I click on it it says Look in Microsoft store. Well I have no clue. I cant find anything to be...
  6. Blast out of Moon Gate Login Counter

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blast out of Moon Gate Login Counter: I completed the Swing Through Wild Kingdom punch for the Points Crusader quest about 4 days ago. I've gotten 3 of the 4 challenges for Moon Gate completed. I've logged in every day since unlocking...
  7. MARBLE BLAST ULTRA!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MARBLE BLAST ULTRA!!!!: Marble Blast Ultra needs to be brought back, it's the most fun game ever, why would it be de-listed from the xbox live arcade? f677509c-f007-4da0-a3f2-f5053b7de264
  8. Toy blast ad is locking up my screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Toy blast ad is locking up my screen: please stop running the toy blast ad until it is fixed. It locks up my screen and it turns all black. I have to close the program and try again to run the microsoft solitaire. I cannot play the...
  9. Contolling tv volume without the IR Blasting?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Contolling tv volume without the IR Blasting?: Why can I not get volume controls w/o IR blasting? I use a monitor and klipch computer speakers. Neither have IR capabilities. This would be not matter if xbox one had the option too change the...
  10. Blast From The Past-Gen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blast From The Past-Gen: [img] I found this lovely little discount card from back in the day. Over a decade old now. Since I found it, I finally hopped on the next-gen train; after having converted over to PC for so...