How to play game audio through headset?

Discus and support How to play game audio through headset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a headset with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear the game audio, which is a problem because the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sinkra, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Sinkra
    Sinkra Guest

I bought a headset with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear the game audio, which is a problem because the headset covers both ears. I went through all the menus but I can't find a simple option that simply lets
    me play the game audio through a headset. Is it even possible??

:)

Sinkra, Aug 30, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Through the Chat mixer settings.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

When you plug a headset into a controller, the game audio and any chat you do is automatically goes through the headset speakers. Check the audio settings on the guide to make sure they are not low. press the Xbox button on the controller, move all the
    way to cog icon, and select the audio option, from there you should be able to see the volume and mixer options for the headset.
  4. sludger 300 Win User

I found this and thought it could possibly help you.
    "Open up your Xbox Dashboard and go into the ‘Settings’ menu. From here, you’re going to want to select ‘Display and Sound’ and then find the ‘Volume’ option. This will open up several settings which allow you to channel game audio through your
    headset, speakers or both. It’s worth noting that you can also choose where your chat audio comes through as well, under the same menus. This should allow you to adjust the game volume through your Xbox One headset." From: Twinfinite
  5. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Sinkra,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to hear in-game sounds through your headset.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to follow our troubleshoot sound on your Xbox One console support article .

Try this out for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  6. Zero420override Win User

Yes it's possible to play game audio through certain headsets, I can through my Turtle Beach headsets. I know this may be a silly question but are there volume dials on your headset it's self? That's how mine are so I can control the game volume and voice
    volume separately.
Thema:

1. How to play game audio through headset? - Similar Threads - play game audio

2. Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.: So, I tried to plug my headset into my pc to see if it would work and it didn't. And when I tried to plug it back in, it didn't work. I scrolled over to audio and it rightly says a headset is...
  3. Xbox Game audio not playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game audio not playing: I am having a very particular problem; the audio on my Xbox one works for everything except for certain games. The me nu audio works, when i get achievements the notification sound plays, when i...
  4. Game audio not playing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game audio not playing: So today i was playing and was taking a break so i set my controller and headset down. I didnt think i put any force into breaking them. I get back to my game and i cant hear any game audio. I go...
  5. Can I play game audio through speakers and chat audio through my Xbox One controller’s ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I play game audio through speakers and chat audio through my Xbox One controller’s ...: I have Windows 10, plug in my Xbox One controller through USB, and the controller is the updated version with the 3.5mm jack (no Bluetooth) to which I connect the Xbox included headset. I’ve...
  6. Headset does not play game audio. Help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Headset does not play game audio. Help.: I have a headset (uPlay I think) and from the day I bought it it has been fine. It played audio from both the party I was in and the game I was playing. Great. This past week or two it has...
  7. Spotify audio crackle / static whilst playing a game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spotify audio crackle / static whilst playing a game.: Hey all. Recently I get the issue of audio crackling / static when listening to music through Spotify and playing a game at the same time. If I close the game down, the issue seems to disappear....
  8. Headphones not playing game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones not playing game audio: When I plug in my headphones my xbox thinks its a chat headset and wont play audio through it. Its been working fine for about a year until now. Is there any way to force the xbox to play audio...
  9. Game Audio is playing through Xbox one mic, I can't hear people talking over game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Audio is playing through Xbox one mic, I can't hear people talking over game audio: the game audio is playing through my Xbox mic headset and I can't hear anyone talking to me. I would prefer if the game audio just played through my tv (like a normal mic), can someone help me...
  10. Game audio playing through party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game audio playing through party chat: Okay, so I've been having a problem with the last few headsets I've bought playing my game audio through the mic. I can use it without any problem, but the people I'm talking to can hear my game...