How to play game audio through headset?

Discus and support How to play game audio through headset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a headset with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear the game audio, which is a problem because the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sinkra, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Sinkra
    Sinkra Guest

I bought a headset with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear the game audio, which is a problem because the headset covers both ears. I went through all the menus but I can't find a simple option that simply lets
    me play the game audio through a headset. Is it even possible??

:)

Sinkra, Aug 30, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Through the Chat mixer settings.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

When you plug a headset into a controller, the game audio and any chat you do is automatically goes through the headset speakers. Check the audio settings on the guide to make sure they are not low. press the Xbox button on the controller, move all the
    way to cog icon, and select the audio option, from there you should be able to see the volume and mixer options for the headset.
  4. sludger 300 Win User

I found this and thought it could possibly help you.
    "Open up your Xbox Dashboard and go into the ‘Settings’ menu. From here, you’re going to want to select ‘Display and Sound’ and then find the ‘Volume’ option. This will open up several settings which allow you to channel game audio through your
    headset, speakers or both. It’s worth noting that you can also choose where your chat audio comes through as well, under the same menus. This should allow you to adjust the game volume through your Xbox One headset." From: Twinfinite
  5. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Sinkra,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to hear in-game sounds through your headset.

Our suggestion here, please attempt to follow our troubleshoot sound on your Xbox One console support article .

Try this out for us and then let us know the results.

Best wishes!
  6. Zero420override Win User

Yes it's possible to play game audio through certain headsets, I can through my Turtle Beach headsets. I know this may be a silly question but are there volume dials on your headset it's self? That's how mine are so I can control the game volume and voice
    volume separately.
Thema:

1. How to play game audio through headset? - Similar Threads - play game audio

2. How do I make spotify's audio not play in the recordings of my games?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I make spotify's audio not play in the recordings of my games?: Whenever I play Grindy type games I like to play music on Spotify, but if something unexpected happens I usually record last 30 seconds on Xbox game bar, but what's annoying is I don't want the...
  3. games taking too long to load/freezes/audio skips while playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    games taking too long to load/freezes/audio skips while playing: I recently started having this issue where my games and my apps will get a message saying "your game took too long to load" and when they do load, during gameplay the game will freeze momentarily...
  4. Audio loop back - recording game play and audio.

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio loop back - recording game play and audio.: Hi there I am having a problem with recording my game clips with the audio. The problem seems to be that I can record fine in terms of the video. However the audio doesn't seem to pick up unless...
  5. Headset game audio cuts in and out when playing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset game audio cuts in and out when playing: I discover this issue the other night while playing overwatch and for some reason when im playing games or watching things on netflix the audio in the headset cuts in and out and the main issue is...
  6. Headset wont play game or home screen audio, but will play party audio.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset wont play game or home screen audio, but will play party audio.: When I plug in my mic there isn't any chat mixer option. Everything's up to date. The Headset plays all audio on other devices. The controller knows when I plug and unplug the mic. But, it plays...
  7. Playing game audio through headset with recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing game audio through headset with recent update: A recent update changed the settings page and I can’t find the “Display and audio” option. All the answers i’ve seen say to go to that option to enable in-game audio through headsets, so how do i...
  8. Xbox Pc app wont uninstall/install/play games and audio issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Pc app wont uninstall/install/play games and audio issues: So I had installed the newest Ori game via the game pass and Metro last light onto my comp Via this app. After I had gotten into the driveable cart in metro the audio was nothing but fuzz and this...
  9. My mic won’t play game audio??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic won’t play game audio??: So i recently got a new Xbox since mine was destroyed 5 months ago. Anyways the mic i always used to use doesn’t have game audio most of the time. Sometimes i will get it but if it gets...
  10. Xbox One X - Game play, Bluray playback choppy audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Game play, Bluray playback choppy audio: So, on 9th March 2020 I reported, Bluray playback has software or hardware issue...