How to purchase a game using redeemed account credit?

Discus and support How to purchase a game using redeemed account credit? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have redeemed a $25 gift card and my account now has a credit. Now I want to use the credit to buy a game for $19.99, but it just keeps wanting a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dope✔️, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Dope✔️
    Dope✔️ Guest

I have redeemed a $25 gift card and my account now has a credit. Now I want to use the credit to buy a game for $19.99, but it just keeps wanting a credit card and will not let me use the account credit. How can this be fixed???

:)

Dope✔️, Nov 5, 2019
  2. FabryZio3 Win User

Hey there :)

Depends on what you're buying... and remember to change your primary payment method!!
  3. DanMen334 Win User

you need to change your primary payment option, you must put as a first option, your microsoft account
  4. choppyseize Win User

This usually means you don't have enough to cover the taxes and surcharges or it's a backwards compatible title which requires a credit card on file for verification purposes.
  5. onyxishere Win User

How to purchase using redeemed account credit?

The Games or Video Marketplace are clearly marked on the console. When you purchase something from the console it will ask you if you want to apply part of the purchase to your available credit.
  6. ngocphi Win User

How to purchase using redeemed account credit?

You have to goto the marketplace on the console find what you want to buy and click purchase them select ms account
Thema:

1. How to purchase a game using redeemed account credit? - Similar Threads - purchase game using

2. Need help - Purchased a game in 2019 and it says product key was already used but it's not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help - Purchased a game in 2019 and it says product key was already used but it's not...: Please fix this or give me a new code ASAP. Screen shots : [mod removed-personal information] FIX THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aad0cc81-681e-4a46-a59a-87d7733f73dd
  3. Purchase of used XBox One game tells me I don't have rights

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchase of used XBox One game tells me I don't have rights: Why, when I just purchased a copy of an XBox One game from someone in my neighborhood, does it say that I don't have rights to the game and have to download it from the Microsoft Store? I've seen...
  4. Can't use sterling account balance to purchase South African games now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't use sterling account balance to purchase South African games now: On the 3rd of April I was able to purchase Fortnite V bucks in South Africa using pounds sterling from my account, today (27th of May) it refused to let me use them and insisted I purchase in...
  5. Purchases on xbox - can’t buy games for Xbox using credit card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchases on xbox - can’t buy games for Xbox using credit card: I need to understand why my payment method can’t be used to buy games on Xbox. whenever i try to make a purchase On xbox I keep on getting directed to a billing address confirmation page that only...
  6. Why cant i use my Microsoft account balance to purchase xbox 360 games?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why cant i use my Microsoft account balance to purchase xbox 360 games?: Im trying to purchase GTA iv to play on my xbox one, why cant i use my digital balance to purchase it? I even tried the microsoft store website but you still cant use the account balance to...
  7. Can't use Gift Card to Purchase Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't use Gift Card to Purchase Game Pass: I`ve recently bought the Xbox Gift card thinking that I will be able to buy GamePass despite the fact it isn` t available in my country. Luckily, I was able to redeem the gift card. Unfortunately,...
  8. Can Xbox 360 Games purchased from the Store using One X be played on my 360 using the same...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Xbox 360 Games purchased from the Store using One X be played on my 360 using the same...: I bought RDR 1 on my Xbox One X through Microsoft store and since its emulated on it i had problems with the game. It being an Xbox 360 game I decided to play it on my Xbox 360. The game shows up...
  9. How can I use my Microsoft Points to purchase a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I use my Microsoft Points to purchase a game?: How can I use my Microsoft Points to purchase a game? 6e8ce4cf-5286-4e44-85ba-e69fa45d08fa
  10. How to use multiple Visa cards to purchase a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use multiple Visa cards to purchase a game?: Hello. I am trying to purchase Madden NFL 20 using my two Visa cards. However, my Xbox will not let me use both of them. Is there any way I could use both cards to buy the game?...