How to purchase a game using redeemed account credit?

Discus and support How to purchase a game using redeemed account credit? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have redeemed a $25 gift card and my account now has a credit. Now I want to use the credit to buy a game for $19.99, but it just keeps wanting a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dope✔️, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Dope✔️
    Dope✔️ Guest

I have redeemed a $25 gift card and my account now has a credit. Now I want to use the credit to buy a game for $19.99, but it just keeps wanting a credit card and will not let me use the account credit. How can this be fixed???

:)

Dope✔️, Nov 5, 2019
  2. FabryZio3 Win User

Hey there :)

Depends on what you're buying... and remember to change your primary payment method!!
  3. DanMen334 Win User

you need to change your primary payment option, you must put as a first option, your microsoft account
  4. choppyseize Win User

This usually means you don't have enough to cover the taxes and surcharges or it's a backwards compatible title which requires a credit card on file for verification purposes.
  5. onyxishere Win User

How to purchase using redeemed account credit?

The Games or Video Marketplace are clearly marked on the console. When you purchase something from the console it will ask you if you want to apply part of the purchase to your available credit.
  6. ngocphi Win User

How to purchase using redeemed account credit?

You have to goto the marketplace on the console find what you want to buy and click purchase them select ms account
Thema:

1. How to purchase a game using redeemed account credit? - Similar Threads - purchase game using

2. How can I use my Microsoft Points to purchase a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I use my Microsoft Points to purchase a game?: How can I use my Microsoft Points to purchase a game? 6e8ce4cf-5286-4e44-85ba-e69fa45d08fa
  3. How to use multiple Visa cards to purchase a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use multiple Visa cards to purchase a game?: Hello. I am trying to purchase Madden NFL 20 using my two Visa cards. However, my Xbox will not let me use both of them. Is there any way I could use both cards to buy the game?...
  4. Purchased a Year Long Game Live and Game Pass and can't use with family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Year Long Game Live and Game Pass and can't use with family: I purchased a 12 month Live Game and Gold Pass and activated undery account intendihifor it to be used for my family members listed under my account including my children. I am able to use them...
  5. Can I use my MS account balance to purchase 360 games?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can I use my MS account balance to purchase 360 games?: I'd like to pick up a couple of the old Tomb Raider games that are 360 games, but backward compatible. When I try to purchase, I am only given the option to charge my credit card. I've got $40+ on...
  6. Trying to purchase an xbox 360 game to use on xbox one x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase an xbox 360 game to use on xbox one x: Why am I not permitted to purchase fight night 4 for use on my xbox one x??? Can someone please assist, as this is very frustrating . ea867bb7-9e6f-4018-8dd3-15a4143c197b
  7. can i use ms reward points for in game purchases?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can i use ms reward points for in game purchases?: can I use my reward points for in game purchases on seekers notes? 56e0b072-e735-46b8-8ca9-774c4de1559d
  8. There is almost no incentive to use the Xbox Store to purchase games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    There is almost no incentive to use the Xbox Store to purchase games.: I recently purchased a copy of Battlefield V through the Xbox Store, and very quickly discovered that the game was a massive disappointment for a number of reasons. I initiated the refund process,...
  9. I want to buy a game of xbox one, using paypal, it tells me when finishing the purchase that ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to buy a game of xbox one, using paypal, it tells me when finishing the purchase that ...: I want to buy a game of xbox one, using paypal, it tells me when finishing the purchase that it has not been possible to finish the transaction 618063f8-e03f-48fc-90ac-c2081fe4e0eb
  10. Trying to purchase/gift a game using xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to purchase/gift a game using xbox: My son purchased a gift card for his friend that he is game sharing? with but accidentally applied it to his friends old account. He called Microsoft support and was told to purchase the game they...