How to recover minecraft saved worlds after doing a Win10 custom install

Discus and support How to recover minecraft saved worlds after doing a Win10 custom install in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I had to do a custom install of Win 10 but unfortunately I didn't back up the Minecraft worlds. I have the Worlds saved in the windows.old folder but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JackCW_94, Jun 10, 2021.

1. JackCW_94
    JackCW_94 Guest

I had to do a custom install of Win 10 but unfortunately I didn't back up the Minecraft worlds. I have the Worlds saved in the windows.old folder but the newly installed Minecraft won't recognize them.

Is there a way to reload the saved world files from the windows.old folder into the new minecraft saved games folder?

Thanks

:)

JackCW_94, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Mr daffypyle Win User

I’m trying to play on my survival world but it keeps saying it’s corrupted.

Access Application Data\.minecraft\saves. ...

1. Make a copy of the corrupted world folder & all files & folders inside, and rename it however you please. ...
    2. Start Minecraft and create a new world, then save and close Minecraft. ...
    3. Go back to Application Data\. ...
    4. Cut the files (but not the folders) from the new saved world folder.
    5. how-to-recover-corrupted-saved-world
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Corrupted minecraft world (bedrock)

Unless you PREVIOUSLY made a
    backup of your world
    , it probably can't be recovered.

You might try the following, hoping that the world "in the cloud" is still intact and not corrupted if you play on a Xbox One console.

Go to "My Games & Apps" and go to Minecraft. Press the menu button to manage the game installation.

Delete the LOCAL savegame cache. Do NOT delete the savegame from all consoles (i.e. the cloud save).

After the local savegame was deleted, restart your console (do NOT skip this step).

After the console restarted, start Minecraft and wait for the console to synchronize your cloud save.

Check if the world loads now. If it does, create a backup.

If it doesn't, then I'm afraid you'll have to start over.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

I lost my Windows 10 edition Minecraft World

Hi there ThePlasticBag,

To better help you with your concern about the missing world in the game Minecraft, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

How to recover missing Minecraft world:

1. Click the start button and search %appdata%.
    2. Find and enter the .minecraft folder.
    3. Find the saves folder and right-click it, there should be an option called restore previous versions.

If the issue persists after doing the steps provided above, we recommend that you submit a request regarding this matter on this

link

Hope this helps.
  5. MR1LDN Win User

Minecraft for Windows 10 worlds lost after reinstalling

Hello!

To better help you with your concern about the missing world in the game Minecraft, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

1. Click the start button and search %appdata%.
    2. Find and enter the .minecraft folder.
    3. Find the saves folder and right-click it, there should be an option called restore previous versions.

If the issue persists after doing the steps provided above, we recommend that you submit a request regarding this matter on this link.

Keep us posted.

Xbox Ambassador
  6. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Minecraft

Hi Wouzbak,

1. Click the start button and search %appdata%
    2. Find and enter the .minecraft folder
    3. Find the saves folder and right-click it, there should be an option called restore previous versions

If the issue persists after doing the steps provided above, we recommend that you submit a request regarding this matter on this

Mojang: Email Us.

Keep us posted :)
Thema:

1. How to recover minecraft saved worlds after doing a Win10 custom install - Similar Threads - recover minecraft saved

2. How Do I Recover Deleted/Missing Minecraft World (Xbox 360 Edition)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How Do I Recover Deleted/Missing Minecraft World (Xbox 360 Edition): Hi, Bit of a long one as I feel context is needed so I do apologise but here we go. I was on my XBOX 360 in the early hours of 28/2/21 playing Minecraft. I went to rename the Aquatic Update...
  3. How to recover my minecraft worlds?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to recover my minecraft worlds?: I've accidentally deleted minecraft and when I installed it back and put in my Microsoft account in again I didn't get my worlds back. I just see the worlds that belong to my regular minecraft...
  4. How can I recover a Minecraft world?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I recover a Minecraft world?: I accidentally deleted my daughters minecraft world and she is so upset. I tried googling and figuring out a recovery option but came up short. A few things suggested cloud storage and I'm not...
  5. Recover deleted Minecraft world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Recover deleted Minecraft world: I am using XBOX on tv. By mistake, I have deleted Minecraft world and desperately need to get it back. Pls assist fbbcccc3-b5f3-49b7-a288-bb0c264400e6
  6. Minecraft world corrupted/deleted looking to recover world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft world corrupted/deleted looking to recover world: Hi. I was loading into a world today that me and some of my friends were working on, when the power went out. Upon restarting the xbox and launching minecraft it was gone. It was as if i had...
  7. Recuperar mi cuenta de Minecraft Premium [Mod translation-Recover my Minecraft Premium account]

in XBoX on Windows
    Recuperar mi cuenta de Minecraft Premium [Mod translation-Recover my Minecraft Premium account]: Hola, hace poco compre una cuenta de Minecraft Premium y olvide las respuestas para las preguntas de verificación, ademas de que olvidé la contraseña del correo en el cual lo compré, de manera que...
  8. Minecraft lost and recovered save files are corrupted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft lost and recovered save files are corrupted: About 1 year ago I accidentally formated flash drive with my minecraft saves after year I recovered them and when I tried to put them in the Xbox it says its corrupted and when I tries to import...
  9. (Solved) How to recover lost saved world in Minecraft ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (Solved) How to recover lost saved world in Minecraft ?: Hi This append twice in the last month with two different worlds in Minecraft on Xbox (minecraft bedrock edition). The world I was playing on one day doesn't appeared in the menu the next day....
  10. Lost online save unable to recover via cloud saved games for minecraft Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost online save unable to recover via cloud saved games for minecraft Xbox one: When I try to load minecraft to play the game and when the [loading cloud] box appears after startup of the game (minecraft Xbox one edition) it crashes and sends me to the Xbox one dashboard?????...