How to refund a digital gift card?

Discus and support How to refund a digital gift card? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I gifted someone a 25$ Xbox Live Gold, but they can not redeem it because of their region. Is there a chance I can get a refund, since I already have... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by CAN on04, Feb 11, 2020.

1. CAN on04
    CAN on04 Guest

I gifted someone a 25$ Xbox Live Gold, but they can not redeem it because of their region. Is there a chance I can get a refund, since I already have Gold myself? Nothing on it has been tempered with or shared.

:)

CAN on04, Feb 11, 2020
  2. WPAK Win User

He comprado un juego para descargar, pero creo que lo he comprado para descargar en mi dispositivo y no como regalo, que era la intención, no sé como cambiar el juego para que sea un regalo

Web translation:

I bought a game to download, but I think I bought it to download on my device and not as a gift, which was the intention, I do not know how to change the game to be a gift

Response:

Hi there,

in such case it's best to do a refund for the purchased game for yourself, via these steps

to request a refund please go to this link where you can submit a item for a refund.

https://support.xbox.com/billing/xbox-subscriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund
    If that link doesn't exist then the Refund form isn't available for your region (yet) and you will have to contact official Xbox Support, they are the only ones that
    can determine if a refund is possible or not. To contact Xbox Support use the Phone or Support Chat options at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

When the refund succeeded, you can try to purchase the content again as a gift. See this link for information on gifting:

https://support.xbox.com/games/purchasing/help-for-issues-when-gifting-digital-xbox-game

Side note: Keep in mind that you can only gift something to a person that is in your same region

Let us know the results
  3. Robby Sayles Win User

Yes, you can, just request it through the refund page. Good Luck!
  4. T3chnlgydude Win User

5. TwoPlySheets Win User

Digital Gift Cards are difficult, not impossible to refund. Worse case if its a gold subscription card just add it to your account and it will add itself to the end of your subscription.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

If you got it as a digital gift then you can request a refund at https://xbox.com/refund. However if you purchased it as a card from a store then only they can offer a refund
Thema:

1. How to refund a digital gift card? - Similar Threads - refund digital gift

2. Digital Refunds!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital Refunds!: I don't understand why i cannot get a refund on digital purchase i made, I purchased something from through xbox and it didn't show up, now i've tried to get them to refund it twice now and they...
  3. When will Microsoft remove the digital content I refunded?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Microsoft remove the digital content I refunded?: A toddler made a significant amount of digital purchases on my xbox - I had them refunded, but he can still access them normally. I heard a rumor that you can be “banned” for using content you...
  4. What happens to digital dlc after refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens to digital dlc after refund?: This is a long complicated story but on the end of it I just want to know one thing; What will happen to the DLC? I received a duplicate digital copy of a game which came with free dlc. Now if I...
  5. Refund for digital purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund for digital purchase: Is it possible for me to return modern warfare? I never play it because its really bad. 40f92ac6-ac4b-412b-bf59-90d0bb8ff451
  6. Xbox One Digital Purchase refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Digital Purchase refund: Hello, I would like to know how to go about getting a refund on the game Ark Survival I purchased last night, 12/4/2019. The game requires a subscription to XBOX Live, of which I do not have....
  7. new cod mw still freeze n crash already asked for a refund digital copy and went and bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    new cod mw still freeze n crash already asked for a refund digital copy and went and bought...: new cod mw still freeze n crash already asked for a refund digital copy and went and bought a disk still same problems. Dev ERROR 6317, 6323, and 356. 4 going on 5 weeks cant play a game in any...
  8. Refunds on a digital game bought in microsoft store on Xbox one

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refunds on a digital game bought in microsoft store on Xbox one: I bought pes 2020 earlier today and I don't need the game/ want the game, I haven't even loaded it up. Every time I go to refund it through my account I go to click on the refund form pop up and...
  9. I put in a request for a refund for monster hunter world iceborne digital deluxe edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I put in a request for a refund for monster hunter world iceborne digital deluxe edition: I bought it because i was interested in it at first but as soon as i got hands on playing with it, i felt my interest go down the drain as i didnt realise how indepth it is and that it was so...
  10. How can i refund a digital gift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can i refund a digital gift?: I gift a game to my cousin via xbox store and it says the code is not available in his region. how do i refund the gift? 5163c9b5-75d7-4b15-8fd6-7ba5e7cc6d6d