How to revert gamertag

Discus and support How to revert gamertag in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I change my gamertag to epickitten4676 but i regret it my old gamertag was TonyLolXDXD with no numbers is there a way to revert it back without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by TonyPerez8, Oct 14, 2020.

1. TonyPerez8
    TonyPerez8 Guest

How to revert gamertag

I change my gamertag to epickitten4676 but i regret it my old gamertag was TonyLolXDXD with no numbers is there a way to revert it back without numbers?

:)

TonyPerez8, Oct 14, 2020
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

How to revert gamertag

Hey Tony

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about chancing your Gamertag back to one you used to use.

As per the
    Gamertag update FAQ
    , the only reason you would be prompted that there will be a suffix at the end of your Gamertag once you change it, is if someone else is currenlty using that same tag.

If you’re assigned a suffix, the # symbol and suffix appear everywhere except in friends lists. You don’t see suffixes of friends in your friends list and they don’t see yours in their friends list. Your suffix is used in games so that everybody knows
    who’s who.

I hope this helps.
  3. Nolan Coker Win User

Revert Gamertag

I wish they would add a reversion process (as long as no one stole the gamertag yet) to make it easier. As of right now I don’t think they got one, you can ask support they may be able to help, not completely certain on incidents like this.
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Revert gamertag

Hey Justin

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently inquiring about changing your gamertag back to an old one.

At this time, there is no way to revert your gamertag back to your old one with you changing it manually. However, since you have changed it in the past there will be a fee in order to continue to change it.

Additionally, there are still plenty of other tags that you can use that don't have a suffix at the end, if this is something you are worried about.

As far as why you can only use a 12-character gamertag now is due to the 4 characters that are needed in order to add the suffix at the end, even if the your gamertag is a new original one, that space will still be reserved.

You can see this info and more in the
    Gamertag update FAQ

I hope this was able to clarify any confusion this might have caused.
  5. SniperGhost104 Win User

Revert gamertag

Nope, sorry pal but you’re out of luck. The only way you can change it again is buy paying again.
  6. sandy the hippy Win User

Revert Gamertag

Any accounts linked to your gamertag will still be linked, to new gamertag.

As far as the reversal of the new naming system, I'm not entirely sure.

You can always check the support page, then hit up contact us for official input.

Gamertag support page

Incidentally, it DOES make it clear on the webpage before changing how many characters can be used, and your suggested name(minus space) would be 12 characters, no?
Thema:

How to revert gamertag

1. How to revert gamertag - Similar Threads - revert gamertag

2. Can i revert back to my old gamertag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i revert back to my old gamertag?: I recently changed my gamertag as there was a notification saying i can now pick any gamertag irrespective it being owned by someone else. While changing to new gamertag it showed how the numbers...
  3. How to revert my old Gamertag after changing it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to revert my old Gamertag after changing it?: HI I just need help how to revert my Gamertag after I changed it but I couldn't revert it back because "This Gamertagisn't allowed. Try a different one." my name is not a bad language or anything...
  4. Revert gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Revert gamertag: My girlfriend's soon changed my gamer tag using up the free change. Is there any way to revert it back to what it was without having to pay the gamer tag fee charge?...
  5. Revert gamertag

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Revert gamertag: Hey i was wondering if the Microsoft team, can revert my gamertag, and change it to my previous tag. My previous gamertag has more than 12 letters. 2fc475e6-0f59-49f4-907a-9c85bdde8b15
  6. Reverting back to the old gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Reverting back to the old gamertag: So, recently I bought a new Gamertag. It’s given me two. The old one and the current one. All this and that I know about the new gamertag system but, I wish to change back to my old Gamertag....
  7. Revert new gamertag system change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Revert new gamertag system change: Hi, on the announcement day of the new gamertag system I changed my GT to Dunny from , I knew about the numbers and thought it would be small like Discord from the screenshots Microsoft showed of...
  8. Changing Gamertag and Reverting Back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Gamertag and Reverting Back: I have an original Xbox gamertag (with no #1234 suffix) prior to the new format that Microsoft implemented last year. If I change my gamertag and then one day decide to revert back to my original,...
  9. Revert Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Revert Gamertag: Hi all, I recently changed my name on the new system to try it out - without realising I would not be able to get my old name back. They have imposed a shorter character limit on names on the new...
  10. So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to...

in XboX Insiders
    So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Talers-Username [link] [comments]