How to set parental controls so child can redeem microsoft points card via his xbox 360 ...

Discus and support How to set parental controls so child can redeem microsoft points card via his xbox 360 ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to set parental controls so that my son can purchase games by redeeming microsoft points cards without having access to my credit card?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TonyPrandini, Jan 1, 2014.

1. TonyPrandini
    TonyPrandini Guest

How to set parental controls so child can redeem microsoft points card via his xbox 360 ...

Is there a way to set parental controls so that my son can purchase games by redeeming microsoft points cards without having access to my credit card? He has an xbox 360 and we have an xbox live gold account. Thanks

:)

TonyPrandini, Jan 1, 2014
  2. nZyN
    nZyN Guest
    XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my permission

You can set parental controls via the family setting on the dashboard (if using an Xbox 360) or you can remove your credit/debit card from his account.

nZyN, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Acehigh79
    Acehigh79 Guest
    Parent wants to sue Microsoft over $4,500 Xbox bill

gotta say I'm also on the side of this is on the parents, not microsoft. this is why I don't store my credit card info on my console. buying points cards works just as well. and then ofcourse like others have said pass word the account lol

Acehigh79, Jan 1, 2014
  4. nZyN Win User

XBox 360 How to stop my son from downloading Maps and Games that cost money without my permission

You can set parental controls via the family setting on the dashboard (if using an Xbox 360) or you can remove your credit/debit card from his account.
  5. Phil_Latam Win User

Buying points for a child

Buying points for child, part II

Ok, I bought the card, and worked out how to upload the points to my child's account (couldn't do it via the TV/console, so tried via PC - MUCH EASIER!)

But.... she still can't redeem the points!!!

Can someone tell me where I went wrong in this sequence?

1. Via TV screen, connect to xbox live under child's ID, confirm that the points appear in her account.

2. Go to Bazar. Choose game. select 'purchase'. Message appears "Please go to parental control section and authorize purchases for this user" (or something like that)

3. I discover that parental control is not even activated on my system. so I activate it.

4. Bazar now appears absolutely empty of content !!!

5. go to My Xbox, check configuration. Aha! The third pane (Security online) says she's set to 'Child' security setting, which includes 'purchases not permitted' among all the other restrictions.

6. Select 'change configuration', Choose "Personalize". Reset to allow purchases.

7. Still no content in the Bazar !!!

8. resort to forum (and strongly consider trading in the Xbox for something more user friendly)
  6. WPAK Win User

Managing Family Profiles

Hi there,

Not sure if they won't see the content, but they should definately not be able to use it, when you set up parental controls

This link explains how you can block certain content for child accounts etc:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
  7. MeanMachine 47 Win User

Parental Approval required for my adult account?

Hi there, Samurai. Are you purchasing these points via the xbox LIVE market place, or trying to redeem the code via a Microsoft points card?
  8. TECHO2020 Win User

New Xbox Live account required parent Microsoft account and now child cannot access the new Live account.

We have never had Live or a Microsoft account. My son has an avatar on the Xbox 360. So when I was required to go set up a Microsoft parent account to access "Live" I did that and redeemed the code assuming that is what they just instructed me to do! I am
    so confused. Now that we did what they said and set up the parent account, how does the child access it?
Thema:

1. How to set parental controls so child can redeem microsoft points card via his xbox 360 ... - Similar Threads - set parental controls

2. Cannot reach xbox live settings on the website, and cannot remove parental controls set...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot reach xbox live settings on the website, and cannot remove parental controls set...: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings I get redirected here every time I try to reach my xbox live settings, but the...
  3. Implement Parental Control Settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Implement Parental Control Settings: Good Morning. I have an idea as a parent I would like to see added to Xbox consoles. I'm not sure who to contact with this particular idea. So I'm hoping someone can get me in touch with Xbox...
  4. To change my Xbox from on parental control to normal adult set up so I can purchase...

in XBoX on Consoles
    To change my Xbox from on parental control to normal adult set up so I can purchase...: Hi there, can any one help me as my parents set up parental controls years ago when i was younger and we are trying to take it off parental controls and restrictions but my mum doesnt know how to...
  5. Reset parental control settings.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reset parental control settings.: Hello, I need a parental reset code for X Box 360 S / [Mod Removed]. thank 261ed7c0-d09a-4456-b3d3-88d75b2644ea
  6. Xbox Parental Control Settings ( Voice Communication )

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Parental Control Settings ( Voice Communication ): I have noticed alot of xbox users been getting banned lately and I would love to give some insight in regards to what could possibly be the reason. I would love for users to read the importance of...
  7. This feature is blocked per your Xbox live parental control settings

in XBoX on Windows
    This feature is blocked per your Xbox live parental control settings: Trying to do some stuff on Forza Horizon 4 that involves not having parental controls, im not sure how to change the parental controls on my account because im on PC not on console. Any help would...
  8. Fh4 / xbox live parental control setting error

in XBoX on Windows
    Fh4 / xbox live parental control setting error: So after getting Forza Horizon 4 a few days ago I keep getting blocked from accessing "Hot New Designs" and some other online content because "This feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental...
  9. FH4- Feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FH4- Feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings: Split from this thread. I'm having the same problem on PC. Forza Horizon 4 I cannot download liveries because of this, and I have no parental settings set. 774d9550-a80e-4087-8951-ec21a661aabe
  10. FH4 This feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FH4 This feature is blocked per your Xbox Live parental control settings: Im playing FH4 on Windos but i cant use any online features. I have the ultimate edition if that helps. My account is a parent account. I get this message when i try (This feature is blocked per...