How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me

Discus and support How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ok community. Let's see if anyone has run this gauntlet. Here are the factors: I want to take on the subscription for Xbox Live for my kiddo (10... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by lewisology101, Nov 9, 2021.

1. How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me

Ok community. Let's see if anyone has run this gauntlet.

Here are the factors:

• I want to take on the subscription for Xbox Live for my kiddo (10 years old.)
    • They live with their other parent.
    • Their account and game data has been set up under their other parent's email/credentials.
    • I set up my payment/wallet on their console, but would like to manage all this online since I don't have access to that house/console much.
    • I used to have a Live Gold but don't anymore. I could renew it if I can make his a child account but don't want to pay for two since it's all for him anyway.
    Anyone know if Microsoft will accommodate this? Can I just open a subscription and move his account (that's under the other parent) to mine as a child account?

:)

lewisology101, Nov 9, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

To manage a child's account you have to create an account for him and add him to a family group. Within the family group you can manage their account, add money, restrict the use of content and time on the console, authorize purchases and so on.

You can either subscribe using their account or subscribe with your account and put your account home on your child's console. By placing your account as home on your child's console he will have access to the games/subscription you buy and play using his own account.
  3. tsens Win User

I can't change the privacy and online safety settings!

Same issue here, there is a working Microsoft family account my son uses on a daily base.

Trying to change the privay and online setting for that account via the xbox-live portal is not possible.

reason: the child acccount gamer tag doesn't show up

any further "how-to" advice is meaningless as there is no account entry to chose from

How to bring that child account from microsoft family portal to the xbox portal?
  4. Boom B00M Boom Win User

Can't create family on xbox one 's'

Xbox S (the interface) can be frustrating until you get completely used to it. Personally I think that's true for all Ux/Ui accounts, but I think the links below might help you in at least the set up process. That said, "connect to service" may mean you
    are literally not connected to the Xbox Live services yet. That could be a WiFi issue, Internet service or an account issue. Can't tell without more information though.

Xbox Family: Family account

"Create a child account and add family members on Xbox"

"How do I create profiles for my family WITHOUT making them Microsoft accounts?"

"How to set up Xbox One for your Child"

"How to Set Up an Xbox Live Account"
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Pur-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotinFamily

Hello Lenny=best,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. An adult account will need to be tied to the child account through a family in order to regulate the

child account settings
    . Once the settings are updated for the child account, the child account should be able to redeem the prepaid code for the game. The article entitled

how to add a child to a family account
    contains information on how to set up a family. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. wi7bit Win User

I screwed up my minecraft over a cape and need help. please.

Thema:

1. How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me - Similar Threads - set family account

2. Not having control over my Microsoft, Xbox, and Minecraft account due to family setting I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not having control over my Microsoft, Xbox, and Minecraft account due to family setting I...: I am currently trying to buy minecraft to play on my laptop, becuase im away from home for a while and wanted to play. So I attemped to purchase it and now it wont let me buy it becuase of family...
  3. How to enable multiplayer on an account from family settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to enable multiplayer on an account from family settings: I've been trying to play micecraft Java edition through my microsoft account because of this many things have been blocked due to my current status as a member of a family. despite our best...
  4. Trying to change account settings without the family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change account settings without the family group: I currently am trying to change my Minecraft settings and I am unable to do so. I would like to be able to change these settings without the use of connecting to any other accounts to my current...
  5. My account isn't in a family group but I can't change any of my privacy settings.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account isn't in a family group but I can't change any of my privacy settings.: Hello, I've been trying to access user created content in Forza 5 but I keep getting an error which says "You can't play with content created by other players because of how your account is set...
  6. How do I set up a family members account to ask for a pin for age restricted games?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I set up a family members account to ask for a pin for age restricted games?: I gave my old Xbox to my nephew's family and set it up so they can use my gold/game pass benefits via Family settings. I want to set a content restriction to keep him out of maturer games but also...
  7. I set up my account to play and my kids play under that account how to move to their family...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I set up my account to play and my kids play under that account how to move to their family...: When setting up the Xbox I set up an account (parent account which is mine) and the kids have been playing under it. I want them to have their own accounts. How do I move the account I set up to...
  8. How to change my family settings on xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change my family settings on xbox account: I am unable to change any of my privacy setting because apparently I have a family account? However when I try and remove myself from the family when I go into the family I am the only person...
  9. RE: Xbox Microsoft account and set up by family member now dead

in XBoX on Consoles
    RE: Xbox Microsoft account and set up by family member now dead: Dear sirs my cousin set my xbox account up with his email he has no since passed away and we have no way of receiving the emails to rest the xbox to my account since we have zero way of getting...
  10. Family account trying to set up app setting and game play time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family account trying to set up app setting and game play time: My 9-year-old set up his Xbox and I need to set up app time and playtime stuff under the family stuff. The problem is my husband set up the acct and my son is an organizer and I need to remove him...