How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One?

Discus and support How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm currently in the process of optimizing my Xbox One's network capabilities. I live in a very full house with many different bandwith users. While my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Diem, May 3, 2014.

1. Diem
    Diem Guest

I'm currently in the process of optimizing my Xbox One's network capabilities. I live in a very full house with many different bandwith users. While my Xbox One connection is still good, as we have very good internet (my Xbox says I have a download speed
    of 24 Mbps and an upload speed of 1.28 Mbps with 0% DL or UL packet loss and 77 ms latency). However, the other week my brother was uploading a video from his iPad in the middle of my playing Battlefield 4, and I suddenly couldn't do anything but sit still
    for a long time. I was told by someone on the Battlefield forums that I might be able to set up a QoS for my Xbox, which could help fix the problem.

I went to my router settings, and realized that I hadn't yet forwarded the Xbox Live ports for my Xbox One specifically. I removed all my old Xbox 360 ones (it wouldn't let me use the same ports twice, and I don't play 360 that much anymore, anyways), and
    added the new ones. I was a bit stumped when I was told "UDP Port 3544" and "UDP Port 4500," as the UDP preceded "Port" unlike all the other ports, and I wasn't sure what to make of that. I just typed in 3544 and 4500 separately and set it for UDP.

After that, I checked my QoS settings, which haven't been touched ever. In the process of setting up my Xbox One, it asked for ports. It wouldn't let me progress unless I typed in the starting and ending ports, but I didn't know what to put. What should
    I do?

Thanks!

:)

Diem, May 3, 2014
  2. SirJamess
    SirJamess Guest
    SirJamess, May 3, 2014
  3. J3RS3Y DEVIL
    J3RS3Y DEVIL Guest
    Xbox Live SUPER LAGGY in the evening...HELP!!!

[quote user="ProXJimieboy"]

How do i set up a QoS?? i'm with Sky broadband

Speed test result http://www.speedtest.net/result/2395587057.png

[/quote]

QoS (Quality of Service) is set up via the routers admin web page.

If you've already enabled UPnP, its found in the same area. Usually under advanced settings.

J3RS3Y DEVIL, May 3, 2014
  4. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

[quote user="ProXJimieboy"]

[/quote]

QoS (Quality of Service) is set up via the routers admin web page.

If you've already enabled UPnP, its found in the same area. Usually under advanced settings.
  5. PhloydBarnum Win User

Giving Xbox internet priority?

What you are talking about is setting up Quality of Service (QoS) via your router. There are a couple of post regarding this on the internet, specific to your router:

www.dslreports.com/.../r25986592-modem-router-How-to-configure-Westell-7500-QoS-settings-

answers.yahoo.com/.../index

-----------------------

Unfortunately, these posts and others I found make me believe that your Westell 7500 router does not have the QoS settings you need. One poster said that the Westfell router appears to only be able to prioritize VoIP (Voice over Internet). I think you
    need a newer router with better QoS support. I don't recommend specific brands in these forums; so search the internet for "router qos gaming".

-----------------------

To configure QoS and prioritize your Xbox, you need to enter its MAC address into the appropriate setting on your router.

1. On your Xbox dashboard, scroll to the right to settings, select system settings.

2. Select Network Settings

3. Try to connect to ASCWifi, it will fail.

4. Select "Configure network", you should be able to find your MAC address under network configuration.
  6. SirJamess Win User

7. Ooh im good Win User

is there anyway i can still play xbox live lag free.?

Ignore most of the replys on here they don't know what they're on about. Set up a QoS(Quality of service) rule on your router if it supports it.

Just google your routers model number and QoS it should show you how. This way you can give your xbox a certain amount of bandwidth constantly. No matter who is downloading what.
  8. fatal 0Efx Win User

Xbox One DVR uploads cause lag in multiplayer games

User error. Incorrectly set up QOS on router.
Thema:

1. How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One? - Similar Threads - Set QoS

2. "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up." Help?: Before this everything has been working fine! then suddenly I couldn't join servers or my friends! I do get I have to change it but how and where, can someone drop a link for me??...
  3. Family settings on Xbox One for Fortnite & Fifa

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Family settings on Xbox One for Fortnite & Fifa: I bought an Xbox for my 8 year old son and set up the Xbox using my Outlook account details. I added two games for him to play, Fifa and Fornite. I then wanted to use the Family settings, so I...
  4. Warning to all plays on the Xbox beta version of the transfer settings will not work

in XboX Insiders
    Warning to all plays on the Xbox beta version of the transfer settings will not work: [IMG] submitted by /u/Gfreddy840 [link] [comments]
  5. Does the console need to be set for instant on for uploading reports?

in XboX Insiders
    Does the console need to be set for instant on for uploading reports?: This had came to mind after the invites went out for the alpha skip ahead and the task was to submit a report and I got the message it will be uploaded in the background. Does this mean it needs...
  6. Xbox One X Advanced Display Settings Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Advanced Display Settings Question: Does the Xbox One X support variable refresh rate(AMD Free-Sync 2 technology) and 120 Hz together, while obviously using it through compatible display devices? 35eded7a-abac-4ddf-8a5f-115023d90995
  7. Chat mixer settings xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Chat mixer settings xbox one: I am trying to set up my sons Turtlebeach Stealth 3000 headset but the Chat mixer audio controls aren't available in the Xbox one audio settings. Does the system need an upgrade?...
  8. Hertz not showing in display settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hertz not showing in display settings?: [img] anyone else having this issue? It's on a sony bravia 65x800g. 2f174778-8e89-4732-811e-c776462e056e
  9. Best router settings to improve latency/lag? Netgear R7000 Nighthalk, Qos, etc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Best router settings to improve latency/lag? Netgear R7000 Nighthalk, Qos, etc.: Bottom line up front: I am in search of the settings that provide the best online experience specifically for Advanced Warfare (single xbox setup). I.E. provide the lowest latency experience. No...
  10. Setting up QOS on xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Setting up QOS on xbox 360: So basically i want to set up my QOS to give my xbox 360 highest priority and i have read everything on the internet but nothing seems to be clear as im not tech savy. here are a few pictures of...