How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad?

Discus and support How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've noticed a lot of lag and dashboard not loading up the pass few weeks. I had to do a hard reset Everytime I wanted to play my Xbox 1x (which also... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/oraine16, Jul 19, 2019.

1. /u/oraine16
    /u/oraine16 Guest

I've noticed a lot of lag and dashboard not loading up the pass few weeks. I had to do a hard reset Everytime I wanted to play my Xbox 1x (which also would also freeze up at 4k screen before Xbox loading screen).

I got the green screen loop and did a factory reset which worked and I was able to play for a few days but now I started up my xbox (that's no longer on instant-on since the reset) but got the same loading lag, there's an update that's visibly slower while downloading and verifying the files.

So is it just the preview updates (alpha ring) or is it hardware related?

submitted by /u/oraine16
    [link] [comments]

/u/oraine16, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Sithspit Win User

Xbox One External Options

Also, can anyone tell me if the external speeds are faster/slower than the internal hdd? I'm unsure of how well the transfer speed on USB 3.0 will be.
  3. mustangguy Win User

External hard drive for xbox one what to you use?

Can someone that has some computer or tech knowledge tell me if the external usb 2.0/3.0 hdd be faster or slower than the internal hdd for xbox one.
  4. justanick Win User

Wishing for a new Xbox One model that i can change the hdd on myself.

The cat was a bad argument. Granted. I would much rather have a large internal hdd, was what I meant. I dont know how to explain how it would be better with an internal hdd. It would render an external drive "unnescessary".
  5. Ragnarok5000 Win User

Can A 1tb Hard Drive & A New Controller Sell More Xbox Ones?

Actually smileskybird I'm okay not being able to change internal HDDs, I much prefer external HDDs because all you have to do is plug it in, format it, and you're go to go, only takes about a few minutes. Whereas changing internal HDDs can take about 15-20
    minutes.
  6. LittleBigPlanet Win User

List games by storage device

Go to My Games and Apps and use the controller to select storage device and you will see choices on internally and external hdd(by name)
Thema:

1. How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad? - Similar Threads - tell internal HDD

2. This issue has not gone away - Call of Duty Modern Warfare tells me I need the campaign,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This issue has not gone away - Call of Duty Modern Warfare tells me I need the campaign,...: The reset fix does not work. I have reset using both methods. I even did away with all the games accept for COD/MW. The campaign continue to say the DLC is missing. I must say, there shouldn't be...
  3. Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) tells me my Card is about to expire. It's not.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) tells me my Card is about to expire. It's not.: Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) tells me my credit card is about to expire. It's not. There's more than a year left. [img] b99843f9-759e-489e-bbe6-6532b2df9619
  4. Xbox Insider Wont Stop telling me im underage.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Wont Stop telling me im underage.: I have heard of the new minecraft RTX and have been wanting to get it for a while now, yet everytime i've tried it says that I need to be over 18. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/robberyguy2000...
  5. Xbox ban cause im 20 and someone called me names and report me when i tell him too [mod...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox ban cause im 20 and someone called me names and report me when i tell him too [mod...: I was playing my game and this Toxic person called me hurtful names. So I told him to flip off and he report me so i got banned how he didn't idk Oh and xbox my xbox keeps acting up like a...
  6. Is there a way to tell if an Xbox One is opted in for Insider builds without using the Hub?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to tell if an Xbox One is opted in for Insider builds without using the Hub?: As per the title is there a way to check if my Xbox is opted in for Insider builds and what ring I'm in without using the Hub? My Xbox One X is only showing a black screen now so I can't use it to...
  7. Purchase of used XBox One game tells me I don't have rights

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchase of used XBox One game tells me I don't have rights: Why, when I just purchased a copy of an XBox One game from someone in my neighborhood, does it say that I don't have rights to the game and have to download it from the Microsoft Store? I've seen...
  8. Hey microsoft can you do me a favor and tell me how to remove the parental controls on xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey microsoft can you do me a favor and tell me how to remove the parental controls on xbox...: Please can you help me by telling me how to disable the parental controls please so i can play gta online oh and my gamertag is: JustMold5550 3b25b896-edb5-445a-8c3f-2d38a8bc7f2c
  9. 4l Samsung monitor is telling us it can’t support 4K?

in XBoX on Consoles
    4l Samsung monitor is telling us it can’t support 4K?: I am trying to enable 4k on my 4k monitor but when i go into video modes, i cannot enable 4k, so i looked in 4k tv details and it says my tv does not support 4k? I went back into video modes,...
  10. I can't tell if it is a feature or a bug nowadays, one copy is in the internal HDD the...

in XboX Insiders
    I can't tell if it is a feature or a bug nowadays, one copy is in the internal HDD the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/reforc3 [link] [comments]