How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad?

Discus and support How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've noticed a lot of lag and dashboard not loading up the pass few weeks. I had to do a hard reset Everytime I wanted to play my Xbox 1x (which also... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/oraine16, Jul 19, 2019.

1. /u/oraine16
    /u/oraine16 Guest

I've noticed a lot of lag and dashboard not loading up the pass few weeks. I had to do a hard reset Everytime I wanted to play my Xbox 1x (which also would also freeze up at 4k screen before Xbox loading screen).

I got the green screen loop and did a factory reset which worked and I was able to play for a few days but now I started up my xbox (that's no longer on instant-on since the reset) but got the same loading lag, there's an update that's visibly slower while downloading and verifying the files.

So is it just the preview updates (alpha ring) or is it hardware related?

submitted by /u/oraine16
    [link] [comments]

/u/oraine16, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Sithspit Win User

Xbox One External Options

Also, can anyone tell me if the external speeds are faster/slower than the internal hdd? I'm unsure of how well the transfer speed on USB 3.0 will be.
  3. mustangguy Win User

External hard drive for xbox one what to you use?

Can someone that has some computer or tech knowledge tell me if the external usb 2.0/3.0 hdd be faster or slower than the internal hdd for xbox one.
  4. justanick Win User

Wishing for a new Xbox One model that i can change the hdd on myself.

The cat was a bad argument. Granted. I would much rather have a large internal hdd, was what I meant. I dont know how to explain how it would be better with an internal hdd. It would render an external drive "unnescessary".
  5. Ragnarok5000 Win User

Can A 1tb Hard Drive & A New Controller Sell More Xbox Ones?

Actually smileskybird I'm okay not being able to change internal HDDs, I much prefer external HDDs because all you have to do is plug it in, format it, and you're go to go, only takes about a few minutes. Whereas changing internal HDDs can take about 15-20
    minutes.
  6. LittleBigPlanet Win User

List games by storage device

Go to My Games and Apps and use the controller to select storage device and you will see choices on internally and external hdd(by name)
Thema:

1. How to tell in my internal HDD is going bad? - Similar Threads - tell internal HDD

2. Xbox 360 keeps telling me my password is wrong. And it isn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 keeps telling me my password is wrong. And it isn't.: I just got a replacement Xbox 360. During setup, I try to download my Xbox Live profile. It tells me I entered the wrong password. Which I know I didn't because I also have an Xbox One and a...
  3. Cant connect to XBox Live...Cant see any networks...while XBox tells me that I'm connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to XBox Live...Cant see any networks...while XBox tells me that I'm connected.: Hey there, all of a sudden I cannot connect to XBox Live anymore...don't know the reason why. When I search for possible network connections there aren't any listed...but when I test the...
  4. Has anyone been having trouble the play & charge kit not telling them that the battery is...

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone been having trouble the play & charge kit not telling them that the battery is...: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/cfe1p3/has_anyone_had_any_trouble_with_their_play_charge/ I've had this issue before and It's popped up again. Scorpi controller V 4.8.1909.0 Custom...
  5. why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running?: why does my 360 tell me xbox guide is not available while original xbox game is running? at the bottom i see X: 5832.0 before update it use to let me go to guide and was able to go back to system...
  6. How can I unsubscribe from a Pass that keeps telling me to pay while it's been months that...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I unsubscribe from a Pass that keeps telling me to pay while it's been months that...: The title says it all, how can I unsubscribe from Xbox Game Pass which keeps telling me to pay 9.99, while it's been months that I don't play, I'm not using this pass, but I can't unsubscribe and...
  7. Xbox Game pass tells me to sign up for beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game pass tells me to sign up for beta: Good day all. I am currently subscribing to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. And as far as I know that means I get; Xbox Live Gold Xbox Game Pass Xbox Game Pass for windows 10 My windows 10 pc is...
  8. I have my games purchased but is tells me to get them back to them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have my games purchased but is tells me to get them back to them: I have my games purchase but it tells me to get them back to them 04fbf8c1-d150-4d8f-91d3-72d6af39013c
  9. Has anyone had any trouble with their play & charge kit telling them that the battery is...

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone had any trouble with their play & charge kit telling them that the battery is...: I have three rechargeable xbox batteries across my controllers. One is Project Scorpio, Custom and Elite. Last week the charge light indicator would turn white just fine but starting earlier week...
  10. Xbox app telling me im not old enough

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app telling me im not old enough: I am a adult, and i have the xbox app on a ipad. My account is set as adult and not in a family group, i have the ability to create a family group upon looking in the settings area of the app....