How To Turn Off Auto-Sign In on Xbox if Signing Into Xbox Console Companion

Discus and support How To Turn Off Auto-Sign In on Xbox if Signing Into Xbox Console Companion in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know someone that told me that if they sign out of their Xbox console then sign into their account on the Xbox Console Companion app on PC, they're... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GoingInOrbit, Sep 16, 2019.

1. GoingInOrbit
    GoingInOrbit Guest

I know someone that told me that if they sign out of their Xbox console then sign into their account on the Xbox Console Companion app on PC, they're getting auto-signed into the Xbox.

May I ask if that's a normal process? Are there any options to make sure that we won't get auto-signed into the Xbox even if just signing out accounts into the Xbox Console Companion app?

Hoping for a quick response.

Thank you!

:)

GoingInOrbit, Sep 16, 2019
  2. GoingInOrbit Win User

Alrighty. Will definitely let the person who asked me this about your answer. Will be back if I have further questions.

Happy gaming!
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Hi, that is Normal to the App Auto-Sign in your Xbox Account if your use the same Microsoft Account to make Login in your Windows 10, Try make this:

- Open your Xbox Console Companion App

-Click in Settings

- You go See Auto Login, put in Turn Off
  4. WilhemScream Win User

Hello, I have this same issue.

I have attempted the change to disable "Auto Sign-in" and still have my account signing in the moment I send a party invite.

For further clarify, the problem is with trying to play a crossplay game (Gears 5, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, etc) co-op between Xbox and PC on the same network. Since there are no third-party voice programs on the Xbox, I must use the Xbox Companion
    App to invite the Xbox player to my party. By launching the companion app, it signs my account into the Xbox and because I am signed into both devices, the game will force one of the games to close until I can be signed out again. This can happen even after
    I have been signed out and, for example, in the middle of playing the game.

The current work around I have used is to require the pass code to even sign in on my Xbox, which is not an ideal solution.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Going,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. We recommend trying to disable auto sign in on the Xbox console. To do this go to settings>account>sign in security and passkey, in middle column uncheck sign in automatically.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. WilhemScream Win User

Hello Brad,

In the middle column, i have 'instant sign-in" which is set to nobody. In my preferences, i have "Delay automatic sign-in" set to "Ask before signing in"

Those are the only two settings i can see which might be what you're suggesting, and both are already set in the way which should prevent automatic sign-in.
Thema:

1. How To Turn Off Auto-Sign In on Xbox if Signing Into Xbox Console Companion - Similar Threads - Turn Off Auto

2. Auto-turn on/off problems

in XBoX Accessibility
    Auto-turn on/off problems: Hey all, I have a small problem with my TV turning on and off with my Xbox One S. I had this working perfectly on my old TV but as soon as I got a new TV (Onn 43" TV from Walmart) I tried to set...
  3. turning off auto Subscription charge

in XBoX Accessibility
    turning off auto Subscription charge: Now i like online but i don't wanna have to be charged every so days for it is there a way to remove this? dc8c9557-ce3d-4402-9620-e1321df4da34
  4. why can you not turn off recurring auto renew subscription???

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can you not turn off recurring auto renew subscription???: please don't point me to the customer support which is unhelpful. why doesn't xbox one have auto renew turn off feature? why is this missing from subscriptions and cancellation? sucks only way...
  5. Forgot to turn off the auto payment

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgot to turn off the auto payment: Есть ли задолженность, которую можно снять без оплаты? [Translation - Is there a debt that can be withdrawn without payment?] f9c2c389-b575-40f4-b6e3-db7d3b96d5a6
  6. Refund for Game Pass + How to cancel subscription/turn off auto-renewal & recurring billing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Refund for Game Pass + How to cancel subscription/turn off auto-renewal & recurring billing.: I purchased my 1st month of Xbox Game Pass for $1 on 1/03/2019. This is my first time handling a subscription service (besides Xbox Live Gold, if that counts), so I thought that on 2/03/2019 it...
  7. turn off auto renewal

in XBoX on Consoles
    turn off auto renewal: Split from this thread. I cannot find anywhere to cancel this subscription - every help function tells me to go to Payment and Billing and select Cancel - THERE IS NO CANCEL Selection!!!...
  8. Turning off auto renew didn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turning off auto renew didn't work: I turned off auto renew right after i got a new xbox live subscription but i just got charged again for a renewal. 0dd35372-c9c6-41a3-9f0d-2ed6ed27739d
  9. Was charged for Xbox Live Gold even though I turned off auto-renew

in XBoX on Consoles
    Was charged for Xbox Live Gold even though I turned off auto-renew: I canceled my Xbox Live Gold subscription but was charged a week later even though I turned off auto-renew multiple days before it was set to start another month. I was confused as it told me I...
  10. I did not use the console for a month and forgot to turn off auto-prolongation I did not get a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I did not use the console for a month and forgot to turn off auto-prolongation I did not get a ...: I did not use the console for a month and forgot to turn off auto-prolongation I did not get a subscription, how can I cancel the debt? 43e483d7-2f23-4c96-9e0f-c9908624157b