How to uninstall on external hard drive

Discus and support How to uninstall on external hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having complications on transferring data between internal and external. I have copied most games over but call of duty ghosts won't let me move... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by clemo1981, Jun 6, 2014.

1. clemo1981
    clemo1981 Guest

I am having complications on transferring data between internal and external. I have copied most games over but call of duty ghosts won't let me move devastation dlc and drill sergeant. It's corrupting the data as game won't start. This is also affecting
    titanfall as it won't log in at main menu screen. Can someone please help

:)

clemo1981, Jun 6, 2014
  2. OrcaAmity
    OrcaAmity Guest
    Why Can't I Always Download To My External Hard Drive?

I have an external hard drive that hardly has anything in it and my Xbox always detects my external hard drive when I boot-up. Why is it now every time I want to download a game I have to free-up space in my internal hard drive? Why can't I download to my
    external hard drive anymore? I'm fed-up with this. I paid a lot of money for an external hard drive and I have to keep on uninstalling games from my internal hard drive to download new games. Then when I want to play the other ones again and I to uninstall
    something else and spend ages install the other game again. My external hard drive has only used about 30GB's and it's a 1TB hard drive. I just bought GTA V and I had to uninstall two games from my internal hard drive. It should have downloaded to my external
    hard drive. How do I fix this? Thanks.

OrcaAmity, Jun 6, 2014
  3. Cygeray ZA
    Cygeray ZA Guest
    Unable to move game to external storage

Hi, after the update I do not have an option to move a game to my

external hard drive. It only allows for uninstall for the games on the x

box one?

Anybody have this issue? I have enough space on the external hard drive and the games still load from the external hard drive?

Cygeray ZA, Jun 6, 2014
  4. AdamKronus Win User

My Console Is Out Of Storage Space

Uninstall games and apps or purchase an external hard drive.
  5. callumewingewing Win User

Formatting a Seagate external hard drive

The external hard drive was around 20% full. After the I formatted the external hard drive it went down to 0% as everything was uninstalled. Thing is i tried transfering Battlefield 1 from the internal hard drive to the now empty external hard drive and
    it started transferring. Battlefield 1 was one of the games that just stopped installing/transferring when i wanted to move from the internal to the external hard drive so i might of fixed the problem. Now i am just concerned that the games that were uninstalled
    will not have anyting saved and i will have lost everything.
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Moving files to a new External Hard Drive, and I keep getting "Installation Stopped!" very frustrating

Hey there A Witty Retort!

Are you moving the game off of your Xbox onto the external hard drive, or are you installing directly onto the hard drive? If you are moving, I would suggest Uninstalling
    and Reinstalling
    the game. When downloading the game back, have it download directly to your external hard drive rather than the Xbox One.

Post back and let me know how it goes!
  7. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox External Hard Drive Won't Delete The Game

Hi Cipher XIII,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with uninstalling a game on your external hard drive. Have you attempted to re-format your hard drive? You may want to check your hard drive's manual on the proper steps to format it.

Formatting will completely wipe your hard drive's data, this should correct any issues with installation and uninstallation on your external hard drive.

I hope this helps.
  8. Mister Mascot Win User

Xbox One re-downloaded games won't play

Hey there ConThePaladin,

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the game yet? Is the game installed to the internal hard drive or to an external hard drive?

Let us know!
Thema:

1. How to uninstall on external hard drive - Similar Threads - uninstall external hard

2. PC Microsoft App Not Uninstalling

in XBoX on Windows
    PC Microsoft App Not Uninstalling: Ran into an issue with Phantasy Star Online 2, Been enjoying the game until recently I logged off and shut down my system for a while. When I came back and booted up my system I went to launch...
  3. Keep game saves after uninstalling?

in XBoX on Windows
    Keep game saves after uninstalling?: I've enjoyed a discounted month of gamepass but don't plan to continue (for now at least). My question is - if I uninstall all the games I've been playing, would I be able to retrieve gamesaves...
  4. How do i uninstall the xbox beta app for pc?

in XboX Insiders
    How do i uninstall the xbox beta app for pc?: I installed it to be able to play games using the PC Game pass but no longer need it, so im wondering how to uninstall it submitted by /u/AquaticTD [link] [comments]
  5. Saves lost after uninstall

in XBoX on Windows
    Saves lost after uninstall: Hello, I had been playing Mechwarrior 5 for about 30 hours and had to temporary uninstall it to make room on my drive. When i reinstalled the game my game saves. setting, everything was gone....
  6. Game Uninstalled After Power Outage

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Uninstalled After Power Outage: Hello, I recently had to drive to a friends house to download Phantasy Star Online 2 on my PC due to my internet only handling 700KB/s and the game being a whopping 11+93GB. I just had a power...
  7. Cant uninstall Phantasy star online 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant uninstall Phantasy star online 2: I installed and set up Phantasy star online 2 trough the microsoft store, and it worked just fine, once. I reset mi pc, and the app donsent launch the client and i cant uninstall the game. Adn for...
  8. My Xbox one says all my games are corrupt, and keeps randomly uninstalling the games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one says all my games are corrupt, and keeps randomly uninstalling the games.: Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have been having trouble with my Xbox One since just after Christmas. I installed a new game (Little Nightmares from the Xbox store), and not long after this...
  9. Gears 5 uninstalled itself and will not install

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 uninstalled itself and will not install: It's in the title. Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS build 18363.836 61bbd875-fbdf-43d4-ba65-4d3c5734f589
  10. Can not uninstall game on XBOX ONE error 0x80070057

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can not uninstall game on XBOX ONE error 0x80070057: I cannot uninstall one particular game from my hard drive on Xbox One. It is COD WWII. Each time I try to uninstall, it deletes part of the game but leaves 53.1GB of it and leaves the game there....