How vital is an internet connection to be able to play games on the Xbox One?

Discus and support How vital is an internet connection to be able to play games on the Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How vital is an internet connection to be able to play games on the Xbox One? I live in a rural area in Ireland & due to underinvestment from the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mackey0123, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Mackey0123
    Mackey0123 Guest

I live in a rural area in Ireland & due to underinvestment from the government & telephone companies, we are left with only limited service in the form of

"internet dongles" that have a bandwidth limit & cap; also they frequently overcharge if you go over a certain memory downloaded per month (20 gigabytes I think)

Also I am highly restricted in what games I can play, for instance I was unable to experience Titanfall; as that was so multi-player focused with no single player campaign to speak of. There are other examples such as, The Elder Scrolls Online & Destiny.

Is this going to be a regular trend for games being made for the Xbox One? (i.e) Are they going to keep following this multi-player trend where you need to be connected to the internet to be able to progress in the game?

&

Is there some other way then physically moving my Xbox One, into a friends house who has a good/solid internet connection to download updates.

Thank you for your time & responses.

:)

Mackey0123, Aug 28, 2014
  2. Twistedflax
    Twistedflax Guest
    Why do I have to sign in for others to play on xbox one???

The only issue in doing this means you will only be able to play downloaded games on your xbox with an Internet connection.

Twistedflax, Aug 28, 2014
  3. Matt 45acp
    Matt 45acp Guest
    0x87dd0003

With all the issues with Xbox Live lately, Xbox should make it so we can still play downloaded games without needing an internet connection! This is ridiculous that we spend atleast $59.99 for a new game but yet cannot play it without an internet connection.
    How about refunding us some of our money back if the products and services we have paid for are not able to be used!

Matt 45acp, Aug 28, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

The trend of needing an internet connection for games will continue. Not every game will need one but a few will.

No way to get around downloading updates. Either download at a friends or dont connect to Live when you want to play.

x24hrs2livex, Aug 28, 2014
  5. Xj LethaL
    Xj LethaL Guest
    I just wish Australia's NBN was actually decent enough to compete with Americans etc 200-300ms difference and on certain games its a deal breaker..

Xj LethaL, Aug 29, 2014
  6. BongKaos
    BongKaos Guest
    Just remember, At one point,

Internet was required for the xbox 1.... Oh wait How vital is an internet connection to be able to play games on the Xbox One? :)

BongKaos, Oct 31, 2018
  7. x24hrs2livex Win User

The trend of needing an internet connection for games will continue. Not every game will need one but a few will.

No way to get around downloading updates. Either download at a friends or dont connect to Live when you want to play.
  8. BongKaos Win User

Just remember, At one point,

Internet was required for the xbox 1.... Oh wait :)
  9. Xj LethaL Win User

I just wish Australia's NBN was actually decent enough to compete with Americans etc 200-300ms difference and on certain games its a deal breaker..
  10. Lov10sBeauty Win User

Xbox One and Backwards Compatible games

Yes, it is true, now it is vital to have internet to enjoy all the features offered by the interface and services. not having an internet connection is very limiting for that :(
  11. Matt 45acp Win User

0x87dd0003

With all the issues with Xbox Live lately, Xbox should make it so we can still play downloaded games without needing an internet connection! This is ridiculous that we spend atleast $59.99 for a new game but yet cannot play it without an internet connection.
    How about refunding us some of our money back if the products and services we have paid for are not able to be used!
Thema:

1. How vital is an internet connection to be able to play games on the Xbox One? - Similar Threads - vital internet connection

2. Xbox keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps disconnecting from the internet: Had my Xbox One for years now and never had this issue. Starting yesterday my Xbox would just randomly disconnect from online and I would have to restart my console in order for it to come back,...
  3. Can't use games on my 360 hard drive without being connected to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use games on my 360 hard drive without being connected to the internet: Can't use games on my 360 hard drive without being connected to the internet I have both a normal top mounted 120 GB Xbox HDD and a 500GB Sata HDD connected through a docking station both show...
  4. Safety of my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Safety of my internet: Someone keeps messing with my wifi and booting me offline consistently and i worried about the safety of my xbox and internet e7b6f277-8a47-419f-8bb9-e126c484e7aa
  5. Mala confección de Internet al entrar a un juego multijugador[Translation-Bad internet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mala confección de Internet al entrar a un juego multijugador[Translation-Bad internet...: Desde el dia de ayer me ha estado lleno a un muy alto ping en juegos multijugador como fortnite o brawlhalla, por ejemplo en fortnite para no es normal tener muy alto ping y me va estable dos...
  6. Vital Alpha Testo CA (Official Update): Check Reviews And Scam Report!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Vital Alpha Testo CA (Official Update): Check Reviews And Scam Report!: Do you end up peaking early leaving your accomplice explicitly disappointed? Untimely discharge is something an enormous bit of men experience the ill effects of. Express grown-up recordings have...
  7. Vital Alpha Testo Reviews In Canada !

in XBoX Rewards
    Vital Alpha Testo Reviews In Canada !: To take a shot at the animation of guys in their comfortable minutes, Vital Alpha Testo Canada is here. It is such an incredible mix of fixings to be specific, Tribulus, Tongkat Ali separate,...
  8. Vital Alpha Testo Reviews In Canada !

in XBoX Rewards
    Vital Alpha Testo Reviews In Canada !: To take a shot at the animation of guys in their comfortable minutes, Vital Alpha Testo Canada is here. It is such an incredible mix of fixings to be specific, Tribulus, Tongkat Ali separate,...
  9. The Nano wired controller and it's lack of a vital feature

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Nano wired controller and it's lack of a vital feature: Hello, I have been an avid fan of the Xbox gaming console for as long as I can remember-I remember holding a big and clunky Xbox controller and switching down to a smaller and much easier...
  10. XBOX One's games with gold, vital question

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One's games with gold, vital question: I do not have a xbox one at the moment but plan to get one sometime. I have xbox live gold, currently in use for my xbox 360. Im not fully sure, but it seems I cant download the free xbox one game...