How would I get my Xbox Live Gold membership if I redeem via Microsoft Rewards?

Discus and support How would I get my Xbox Live Gold membership if I redeem via Microsoft Rewards? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I'm starting to use the Microsoft Rewards program, and am aiming to get a 3 month Xbox Live Gold membership. When I redeem my points and get the... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by MegaGyarados, Nov 19, 2019.

1. MegaGyarados
    MegaGyarados Guest

I'm starting to use the Microsoft Rewards program, and am aiming to get a 3 month Xbox Live Gold membership. When I redeem my points and get the membership, will I be emailed a gift card code or will it automatically add it to my account?

:)

MegaGyarados, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Lov10sBeauty Win User

yeah, you should receive a code in your email, don´t worry, it could take a couple of days to be sent
  3. Smwutches Win User

You'll receive a code via email.
  4. Arminator Win User

First time user

[quote user="RunningRichw"]

My son has used xbox 360 without subscription to live for 1 year.

I have now purchased a 3m gold subscription and redeemed online - adding it to my microsoft account.

My son has a microsoft account he uses for email which is "family" linked to mine.

How do i "transfer" this credit to his profile on the xbox?

[/quote]

Unfortunately, you can't transfer Gold memberships like that.

On the Xbox One the "Home Console" can share the Gold membership to other accounts on that very console, but the Xbox 360 console can't do that.

You need to either buy a separate Gold membership for your son via Prepaid Gold cards, or subscribe to the Gold membership with his account.
  5. PokeyCarcass766 Win User

Before I redeem Xbox gift card, I have a question for you.

Hi, everybody! Before, I redeem xbox gift card for Microsoft rewards, do I need require Xbox Live Gold membership, before I can redeem. I have over 9000 points. Do I require Xbox Live Gold membership, before I redeem xbox gift card or Microsoft
    gift card for Microsoft Rewards? Is it same I can use Microsoft gift card and Xbox gift card for PCs, Xbox One and Xbox 360?
    yes xbox gift cards will work on pc,s and yes you need xbox live gold go for xbox live gold first.
  6. Danno McK. Win User

Xbox Live Gold with money in your Microsoft Account

[quote user="davemcfly85"]but once it is redeemed and converted to currency he should be able to via his console correct?[/quote]

No, "stored currency value" cannot be used to purchase Xbox Live, just like Points couldn't be used to previously.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billi...ccount-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq

Can I buy an Xbox Live Gold Membership with the currency in my Microsoft account?

The currency in your Microsoft account can’t be used to buy an Xbox Live Gold Membership at this time.
Thema:

1. How would I get my Xbox Live Gold membership if I redeem via Microsoft Rewards? - Similar Threads - Live Gold membership

2. Xbox live gold membership is being weird

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live gold membership is being weird: Ok so the card I used to pay for my last membership was removed now I am putting it back on there and I go to purchase and it tells me to 'fix this' i go to it and it just does the same thing I...
  3. Xbox live gold membership

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live gold membership: I recently bought a 1 month xbox live gold membership and when i try to redeem it mentions that code does not exist. I have tried in the account setting and on the menu button on the controler. I...
  4. 2 devices on 1 live gold membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 devices on 1 live gold membership: Just purchased a 2nd xbox for our home. Is it possible to put both devices on 1 live gold membership? 21aebbf4-1b8e-4000-964a-5b89c2599fa3
  5. New Gold Live Membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Gold Live Membership: How do I find my free games to download? Where do I find the New Members tab? d6fbad5f-efbb-4e6a-b140-c63fbcb028bf
  6. Xbox Live Gold Membership not showing on account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Membership not showing on account: I received a confirmation email that my Xbox live Gold membership was renewed successfully, however when i log into my account (with that email address) there's no record of the subscription. When...
  7. Xbox live gold membership

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live gold membership: I bought a 12 month xbox live gold membership in america and moved to russia without redeeming the code, I tried redeeming it in russia but it doesnt work and i already scratched off the bit to...
  8. Xbox Live Gold Membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Membership: My son lives partly at my house and partly his Dad's house and has a console at both. This has been the case for some years. Unknown to me, he thought he had to have a different account at each...
  9. Gold live membership not on Xbox profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gold live membership not on Xbox profile: Hi there. I purchased a one month membership which reflects on my Microsoft account but not on my xbox console profile. I have tested connection & all is well. I have rebooted & downloaded my...
  10. Xbox Live is not Recognizing my Gold Membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live is not Recognizing my Gold Membership: The title basically says it, but whenever I try to join a multiplayer game, or try to join a party it doesn't work and says I do not have Gold. My friend pays for my Gold via Home Xbox, and it...