How Xbox Handles Fraudulent Charges

Discus and support How Xbox Handles Fraudulent Charges in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; What I am about to tell you has taken Six months, and the capital "S" in six, is intentional to add emphasis to this comically frustrating endeavor.... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by LaZyDuDe501, Mar 4, 2019.

1. LaZyDuDe501
    LaZyDuDe501 Guest

What I am about to tell you has taken Six months, and the capital "S" in six, is intentional to add emphasis to this comically frustrating endeavor.

It all started October 12th, 2018, when I noticed a charge on a deactivated credit card for an xbox purchase. I made a determination that this was unusual and proceeded to investigate the other payment methods tied to my xbox account. Much to my expectation
    the same charge was attempted on my PayPal account, only that time it went through.

Blood pressure now slightly elevated I immediately filed a fraud claim with PayPal, as well as with Xbox. An investigation was started and to my surprise both parties denied my request, blaming the reason on the other, or on the legitimacy of the claim,
    I was informed to rectify the issue with PayPal first, and try again.

Needless to say I am no longer a member with PayPal, they have lost my business for good, a separate story I'll save for another post. I proceeded to call Xbox support for the following 6 months, speaking to representative after representative, supervisor
    after supervisor, all at first informing me that the situation would be resolved, or that they would "escalate the problem".

About 12+ "reported to our refund department statements" later and we are now in to the new year, and my patience has all but worn out. At this point I decide that enough has been enough and I will start pressing the issue even harder with these non-English
    reps. I was now being met with hostility, some demanding sensitive information like my bank statements to be emailed to [Mod Removed: Inappropriate] knows where, one even telling me that I was a liar and that "the IP was made from my house."
    Ignoring this total [Mod Remove: Profanity] I pressed forward to with this final rep, asking for his supervisor one last time. I am put on a silent hold, after he seemingly laughed at me. 20 minutes go by and I have heard NOTHING. Finally
    I gave up, probably what he was waiting for, hung up and came here.

The date is 25 Feb. 19, Xbox now is calling me a liar, and I have no justice for this issue and nowhere to go but here. I have been loyal to xbox for 7+ years, this is how they have treated me, and I wonder, are they worth our support as customers anymore?
    I know what my answer is.

:)

LaZyDuDe501, Mar 4, 2019
  2. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello
    LaZyDuDe501

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I understand that you've been trying to receive a refund for a fraudulent charge that took place back in October 2019.

I apologize for all that you've been through dealing with this issue. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you.

Unfortunately, we here in the forums department do not have the tools to provide refunds or look into Microsoft account

purchase histories. I myself as a customer, have sent (emailed) in screen shots of my bank statements to verify charges when

disputing a transaction. If that is what the Xbox Live support agent is requesting to help get your issue resolved, I'd recommend emailing

the screenshot. The only step we can suggest is again referring you to the
    Xbox Refund Webform

and if the refund request gets denied, reply to the denial email and explain your situation in detail.

Also, always remember that you can give feedback and let your voice be heard by visiting
    Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice !

I hope this helps!

Good luck and happy gaming!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  3. xbox24ru Win User

Hi there, i am so sorry for the experience you have had trying to get a refund due to fraud i understand your case has taken awhile to be sorted the only reason for this would be is a investigation on microsoft side and they would look at evidence from
    all different sources to determine if this was an actual fraudulent case or was buyer mistake etc,

It may have also taken some time to respond to you for many other factors and it could also be that the bank or financial institution was not forthcoming at the beginning with the request from microsoft many different factors could have happened here and i
    can only apologise that this happened in the first place.

I also understand how upsetting and stressful this situation has been for you and it looks like the case is still ongoing looking at your notes.

Microsoft takes fraud very seriously but communication can break down at times because maybe one party involved had issued wrong information to xbox or microsoft at the initial request, I would advise that you submit any evidence you have in form of a PDF file
    to xbox fraud department so they can look into the issue further and properly with the correct information and so on.

I can only imagine how you must feel regarding this situation, paypal should have also done an investigated their end as well but i am not sure they did a complete investigation.

I hope this information helps, All the best.

Kind Regards

Alec
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

I am sorry to hear about the frustration that you have been going through.

One thing you have to understand is this when it comes to purchases like this (fraudulent) All that MS can see is the purchase that was made on the account itself. They do not know if you did it may have given your account information to someone else and
    they did it or what may have happened.

ALL fraudulent charges would actually need to be handled by your financial institution that the purchase was made through.

I will give you another example. Say someone got ahold of your credit card and went into any retail store and made purchases with it you would not be going to the retailer and asking for a refund they would tell you that you have to contact your financial
    institution.
  5. SUPERSOAKERx69 Win User

FRAUDULENT CHARGES

If in fact it is fraud you most DEFINITELY want to file this with your bank. Even if MS could give you a refund (which they can't) IT IS STILL FRAUD. You should file with your bank as soon as possible. I would also suggest putting more layers of security
    on your card.

But if your credit card number was stolen, but not the actual card,
    you are not liable at all for unauthorized use; any fraudulent credit charges are usually credited back to your account immediately after THEY ARE REPORTED to YOUR BANK.

So do yourself a favor and protect yourself by call or filing a report with your bank.
  6. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

FRAUDULENT CHARGES

If its fraud, you're not going to get a refund.

If someone else used your card at walmart and then you show up later at walmart saying give me my money back , same result. No money given.

Your card, you and your banks responsibility when there's fraud. It's up to the bank to deal with the fraud investigation
Thema:

1. How Xbox Handles Fraudulent Charges - Similar Threads - Handles Fraudulent Charges

2. When do you plan on getting a handle on the host booting [mod removed]?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When do you plan on getting a handle on the host booting [mod removed]?: In this game my team mates were constantly getting booted as well as in the next one. I want names and addresses so I can charge for cyber terrorism. I fully intend to press civil charges. [mod...
  3. xbox one s 手柄[Translation-Xbox one s handle]

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one s 手柄[Translation-Xbox one s handle]: 有一个手柄突然 法连上笔电,其他的手柄都能连上,这个手柄也能连其他电脑,就它俩之间 法连接,蓝牙也 法搜索到。 [Translation- Suddenly one of the controllers could not be connected to the laptop, and the other controllers could be connected. This...
  4. I found that the switch key of the second generation elite handle configuration cannot be...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I found that the switch key of the second generation elite handle configuration cannot be...: I found that the switch key of the second generation elite handle configuration cannot be customized. It would be nice if you could customize it, you can quickly switch the configuration. I hope...
  5. Netflix STILL doesn't handle HDR properly. Details inside, spoke w/ Netflix support.

in XboX Insiders
    Netflix STILL doesn't handle HDR properly. Details inside, spoke w/ Netflix support.: Long-running issue with the Netflix app on xbox making it pretty unusable if you're using HDR. Basically if you have HDR enabled on the xbox, the entirety of the Netflix library plays with HDR on...
  6. 淘宝旗舰店买的xbox 手柄 出了问题 [Translate] There's something wrong with the xbox handle bought at...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    淘宝旗舰店买的xbox 手柄 出了问题 [Translate] There's something wrong with the xbox handle bought at...: 如题 我想问下 在质保期内如何保修 [Translate by Mod] As question I would like to ask how to guarantee during the warranty period f93be01f-58af-4532-920b-8fce5b085283
  7. 关于XBOX蓝牙手柄的售后问题[Translation-After-sales questions about the XBOX Bluetooth handle]

in XBoX on Consoles
    关于XBOX蓝牙手柄的售后问题[Translation-After-sales questions about the XBOX Bluetooth handle]: 17年在京东购买的XBOX蓝牙手柄 用了一年多RB和LB键感觉有点失灵 经常单击会产生连击效果 联系了京东 京东说过了1年保修期 让我找 们微软 可找了好久也不找不到哪里申请售后维修的 有发票 请问我该如何联系 们维修 付费也行 我是四川成都的 [Translation-XBOX Bluetooth handle purchased in JD.com in 17 years...
  8. Xbox 手柄就只有在长按xbox键的情况下才会闪烁 [Translation-The Xbox handle will only blink if you press and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 手柄就只有在长按xbox键的情况下才会闪烁 [Translation-The Xbox handle will only blink if you press and...: 我原本用蓝牙把我的Xbox手柄与手机连接使用steamlink,一切都正常,可是当我想把手柄连回电脑的 线适配器时,手柄却在一直请求与手机配对,当我把手机里有关手柄的蓝牙设置都 除之后,手柄就变成了只有在长按西瓜键的情况下才会闪烁,其他情况下都 法点亮手柄,电脑和手机就再也没有办法扫描出手柄的蓝牙了。 [Translation-I used Bluetooth to connect my...
  9. xbox手柄自动断开连接? [Translate] The xbox handle is automatically disconnected?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox手柄自动断开连接? [Translate] The xbox handle is automatically disconnected?: 我在6月份购买了带 线适配器的xbox手柄,连接在windows10的电脑上。开始一个月正常使用,没有任何问题。 前 天的晚上,我在游戏的过程中,手柄的西瓜灯突然就熄灭了,断开了连接,再开启手柄,西瓜仍然是亮了一下就熄灭了。经过检查,电 是满的没有任何问题。 现在的情况就是,没有运行任何游戏,手柄就正常连接,西瓜灯常亮没有任何问题;只要开始玩游戏,用 分钟手柄就会断开连接。...
  10. 海外购买的精英手柄如何保修 [Translation - How to guarantee the elite handles purchased overseas]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    海外购买的精英手柄如何保修 [Translation - How to guarantee the elite handles purchased overseas]: 个人在 拿大留学期间在沃尔玛购入一个黑色xbox精英手柄,有购物小票和完整的包装,价 比国内还高,请问我带会国内后能享受微软的保修政策吗? _________________________________________ [Translation - When I was studying in Canada, I bought a black xbox elite handle...