Hulu sends personalized ads, even though I dont share information

Discus and support Hulu sends personalized ads, even though I dont share information in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have every privacy option set to not share any location age or personal information, particularly not with any apps. However, hulu still shows ads... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Batman WG, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Batman WG
    Batman WG Guest

I have every privacy option set to not share any location age or personal information, particularly not with any apps. However, hulu still shows ads with store locations near me. It really aggravates me that I cant turn that off. I dont want them having
    my location.

:)

Batman WG, Jan 15, 2020
  2. slackadelic Win User

They most likely target those ads based on the billing address you have in your account.
  3. Smwutches Win User

That would be something you would want to reach out to Hulu about.
  4. Batman WG Win User

well as long as its a general location and not like an exact address or street, im less offended. however, i still don't think hulu should be able to target me like that, especially when i haven't consented to it, and i hate receiving targeted ads.
  5. KnowledgeSPower Win User

6. kev edin Win User

Is hulu a app you sign into, or have you possibly signed in on a different device for it to get your details 🤔 ?
Thema:

1. Hulu sends personalized ads, even though I dont share information - Similar Threads - Hulu sends personalized

2. Xbox one dim when watching hulu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one dim when watching hulu: My xbox one keeps dim when im watching hulu. Does anyone know what to do to fix it f56cd900-0618-42c6-bd39-8bc6a6860a6d
  3. Suggestion for Hulu App and Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suggestion for Hulu App and Xbox: I recently gave up my TV provider and signed up through Hulu Plus/Live TV service. Really like the App but I'm bummed I lost the ability to tell Xbox what channel to go to by voice command. Its a...
  4. Hulu Keeps Thinking I am Someone Else

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hulu Keeps Thinking I am Someone Else: Everytime I go on MY Xbox Account, I try to open Hulu, but my ex's account information comes up saying it looks like he's in a different zip code, etc. I have deleted his xbox account and also...
  5. Standby mode in Hulu

in XboX Insiders
    Standby mode in Hulu: Pretty much what it says. I just downloaded the alpha ring update and was watching Hulu and standby mode kicked on and started showing achievements I’m close to obtaining and stuff like that....
  6. Xbox just shutdown by itself while watching hulu

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox just shutdown by itself while watching hulu: Watching a movie on hulu, console just turned itself off. When turning back on went through a full reboot. No error code or warning that it was about to happen (slowness, lag, buffering)...
  7. Have a question about The HULU app and The IHEARTRADIO app about changing my location in...

in XboX Insiders
    Have a question about The HULU app and The IHEARTRADIO app about changing my location in...: I have a question about the HULU app and the IHEARTRADIO app some other member of the insider program program told be I could try changing my location in the store on my Xbox one x so I could try...
  8. Hulu and Netflix Constantly Crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hulu and Netflix Constantly Crash: Hey do any of you guys have the issue where Netflix and Hulu will constantly crash or not open. I've reinstalled the apps multiple times, and i have to hard reset a dozen times some times to get...
  9. Netflix,hulu

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix,hulu: trying to stream netflix & hulu but error code B07B0193 keeps coming up? 90a73a69-edb6-440d-963a-25427c73f72c
  10. XBox 360 Netflix and Hulu Apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 Netflix and Hulu Apps: i can't access my hulu or netflix apps on my xbox 360 - I get an error code that is not recognized (807B0193). It says there's a problem with the Xbox service. Is anyone having this issue?...