I accidentally bought an Xbox live gold card from a different region

Discus and support I accidentally bought an Xbox live gold card from a different region in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I bought this Xbox live gold card a couple of months back. It turned out to be from a different region. Can I still use the card? I think I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by firetech6434, Sep 23, 2019.

1. firetech6434
    firetech6434 Guest

So I bought this Xbox live gold card a couple of months back. It turned out to be from a different region. Can I still use the card? I think I can change my region to do so but is there some legal issue with that?

:)

firetech6434, Sep 23, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

3. ngocphi Win User

Activating Gold error

Xbox live gold cards are region locked you shouldve bought from within your region

If you moved and didnt change your region under manage my account then you should do so
  4. Smwutches Win User

Status Code: 8016A04B

Is the region on your account the same as the region you bought the card from? That code usually means you're trying to redeem a card from a different region.
  5. WPAK Win User

XBL Points code not valid

Yes, microsoft point cards are often region locked and Australia is different region then Asia.

The points bought, are only suitable for Asian Xbox Live accounts.
  6. Master JD Win User

I cant redeem my Xbox Live Gold card

I got an Xbox Live Gold card as a gift from a family member living in Canada while i live in Morocco.When i tried to redeem it it said that i cannot redeem it since it was purchased in a different region. What should i do??
    Hi, unfortunately gifting is region locked as you have discovered. The best advice is to contact https://support.xbox.com.
Thema:

1. I accidentally bought an Xbox live gold card from a different region - Similar Threads - accidentally bought live

2. Have two different accounts and accidentally bought Modern Warfare for the wrong account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have two different accounts and accidentally bought Modern Warfare for the wrong account.: I have two accounts. One is one my Xbox One and is used. The other was created on accident trying to use remote access gaming and is not used. Long story short, went to purchase Modern Warfare...
  3. Refund for game accidentally bought for windows instead of xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund for game accidentally bought for windows instead of xbox: Hi, I purchased a game thinking it was for the xbox but I couldn't install it on my xbox and it seems its because I bought the windows version. I need to get a refund for the windows version so...
  4. I accidentally bought a Fortnite bundle on the wrong account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally bought a Fortnite bundle on the wrong account: Hi, I have two microsoft accounts, and I bought the Fortnite "Iris Pack" on this one by mistake; forgetting I was signed into this one and not the one that was linked to my epic games account. Is...
  5. Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought: So I made the mistake on black Friday & bought this all digital version to go side by side my Xbox One... I already had duplicate games for most of my games & remembered fondly the last time I had...
  6. Help!! I accidentally bought game pass ultimate with my giftcards for $59.99 instead of...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Help!! I accidentally bought game pass ultimate with my giftcards for $59.99 instead of...: As the title states....I have no idea how i did this but is there anyway to make this right? I have gone through all channels as recomnded and it seems i am stuck with GP unlimited for 59.99 for...
  7. Ive accidentally bought a game on an account I cant log into. How do I get a refund?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ive accidentally bought a game on an account I cant log into. How do I get a refund?: First time buying anything from microsoft store. Purchase went fine, But when we tried to open the game, it keeps asking us to sign into my microsoft account. Its my sisters old computer & she set...
  8. 마인크래프트를 실수로 두개 사버렸어요 [Mod Translation-I accidentally bought two minecrafts.]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    마인크래프트를 실수로 두개 사버렸어요 [Mod Translation-I accidentally bought two minecrafts.]: 윈도우 버 이랑 그냥 버 이랑 같은거인줄 알 실수로 두개를 사버 어요 어떻게 환불하 하는데 환불 방법도 모르 어요. [Mod Translation-I thought it was the same version as the Windows version. I bought two by mistake. I don't know how to refund...
  9. Accidentally bought a physical copy for my All Digital XBox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally bought a physical copy for my All Digital XBox One S: Yea, I accidentally bought Gears 5 for my all-digital console. The game is unopened, and I haven’t been able to find any solutions. Any advice on what my options are? Thanks!...
  10. I accidentally bought a game on Xbox Live, how can I refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally bought a game on Xbox Live, how can I refund?: Do I need to call Xbox Support? If so, what is the number of Xbox Support's number in Dublin? Thanks. 593fc0d4-a314-48d0-b319-33daa442b6b1