I accidentally bought an Xbox live gold card from a different region

Discus and support I accidentally bought an Xbox live gold card from a different region in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I bought this Xbox live gold card a couple of months back. It turned out to be from a different region. Can I still use the card? I think I can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by firetech6434, Sep 23, 2019.

1. firetech6434
    firetech6434 Guest

So I bought this Xbox live gold card a couple of months back. It turned out to be from a different region. Can I still use the card? I think I can change my region to do so but is there some legal issue with that?

:)

firetech6434, Sep 23, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

3. ngocphi Win User

Activating Gold error

Xbox live gold cards are region locked you shouldve bought from within your region

If you moved and didnt change your region under manage my account then you should do so
  4. Smwutches Win User

Status Code: 8016A04B

Is the region on your account the same as the region you bought the card from? That code usually means you're trying to redeem a card from a different region.
  5. WPAK Win User

XBL Points code not valid

Yes, microsoft point cards are often region locked and Australia is different region then Asia.

The points bought, are only suitable for Asian Xbox Live accounts.
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

Giving my children access to xbox live with xbox 360

You can purchase prepaid Xbox live Gold cards/codes so that you will not need to attach any form of payment to their accounts. If you purchase them online, be careful to purchase cards/codes for the proper region as the codes will not work for different
    regions.
Thema:

1. I accidentally bought an Xbox live gold card from a different region - Similar Threads - accidentally bought live

2. Accidentally bought a physical copy for my All Digital XBox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally bought a physical copy for my All Digital XBox One S: Yea, I accidentally bought Gears 5 for my all-digital console. The game is unopened, and I haven’t been able to find any solutions. Any advice on what my options are? Thanks!...
  3. Accidentally bought the wrong format

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally bought the wrong format: Good day. I was trying to play Minecraft and decide to buy the game. After searching the game for a while, I couldn't find it. but I did find Minecraft XBOX ONE and I remember that my pc (Windows...
  4. I bought the bdo game and I accidentally deleted the stuff that came with the game is there...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought the bdo game and I accidentally deleted the stuff that came with the game is there...: I bought the bdo game accidentally deleted the contents that came with the game.Iwas wondering is there away I could restore it 18c4ea87-7a9b-4d32-b7fa-ed22466afee0
  5. Refunding DLC for game i don't own ? (accidentally bought )

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refunding DLC for game i don't own ? (accidentally bought ): Hi. Is there a possibility to refund a DLC i accidentally boutght for a game i don't own ( and don't plan to ). There is no option to do it from the order page. thank you...
  6. Accidentally bought an xbox exclusive game through the microsoft store on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally bought an xbox exclusive game through the microsoft store on PC: I bought a game on the Microsoft Store app on PC, and only found out after the purchase went through that it was Xbox One exclusive. I am not able to refund it, which I suspect is because you have...
  7. Accidentally bought this

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally bought this: My son Accidentally brought the 100 dollar shark card and I was wondering if I can get a refund 26515447-6b8f-4ff1-ba0a-1f3092144d53
  8. I accidentally bought a wrong DLC, can I get a refund to buy something else?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally bought a wrong DLC, can I get a refund to buy something else?: Yesterday, I accidentally bought the Fallout Mash-Up pack for the Minecraft XBOX ONE edition, while I wanted to buy this exact pack for the normal Minecraft, they cost the same. Am I able to get...
  9. I accidentally bought a game on Xbox Live, how can I refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally bought a game on Xbox Live, how can I refund?: Do I need to call Xbox Support? If so, what is the number of Xbox Support's number in Dublin? Thanks. 593fc0d4-a314-48d0-b319-33daa442b6b1
  10. I accidentally bought at game for my son's XBOX one with my microsoft account, rather than his ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally bought at game for my son's XBOX one with my microsoft account, rather than his ...: I accidentally bought at game for my son's XBOX one with my microsoft account, rather than his - How can I move the game purchase to his account to use? I don't have an XBOX to use it on anyhow....