I accidentally changed my xbox account name

Discus and support I accidentally changed my xbox account name in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was trying to change my account name to what i have it on every were else i play games but when i clicked check availability it displayed the name... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by McCREEPER, Jul 19, 2021.

1. McCREEPER
    McCREEPER Guest

I was trying to change my account name to what i have it on every were else i play games but when i clicked check availability it displayed the name with numbers at the end. I thought it was just an id number like they do on steam or something but i was wrong. now my acount name has numbers at the end. does anyone know how to reverse this without paying?

:)

McCREEPER, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Some time ago, Microsoft changed it so multiple people can have the same gamertag...each separate one is identified by the numbers after the name. So, 2 people can have the gamertag "username" for example...one would be, say, "username4589" and the other "username3629". In the past it used to be only one gamertag instance at a time

Unfortunately, far as I know, there is no way to reverse it as you only get one free gamertag name change
  3. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, no way to reverse without paying.
  4. Big Dawg Mills Win User

Accidental Name Change

Unfortunately, you can't because of the new name restrictions, It may change in the near future. so keep your eyes peeled.
  5. Medivious Win User

Accidental name change

Hello Demi! Unfortunately you can change your gamertag only once for free! You would be required to get charged for the next gamertag change attempt, very sorry to hear you put the incorrect letters! Every gamertag change is $9.99 USD after the first one.

-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/change-your-gamertag-on-xbox-one-1bd92fa1-d3fc-7f0c-f95f-0d048fce6b40
  6. xHanSh0tFirstx Win User

Accidental Name Change

That sucks, Alright I Will, Thanks
Thema:

1. I accidentally changed my xbox account name - Similar Threads - accidentally changed account

2. I accidentally change my name in Xbox can I just change it back to what it was

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally change my name in Xbox can I just change it back to what it was: So, I was changing my name it said someone else had it so it put the numbers next to it, I didn’t want that. So I wanted to go back to change it with no prompt telling me how to gp back I pressed...
  3. Accidental name change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidental name change: I accidently put a mistake in my name and was wondering if i could get another change to change it to the right name c0e9d619-151c-4177-a646-6db0f22c87e1
  4. Someone accidentally changed my account name.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone accidentally changed my account name.: My younger brother was trying to change his account name but when it redirected him to chrome my microsoft account was signed in and he didn't notice.Is their anyway i can have it changed back...
  5. I accidentally changed my gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    I accidentally changed my gamertag: I acidentally changed my gamertag while I was thinking of another gamertag, I thought that the silver button when you press was to cancel the name but instead it was confirming to change the...
  6. HELP, Accidentally changed my HZ from 60 - 120, Monitor not supported HZ rate. Need to revert.

in XBoX Accessibility
    HELP, Accidentally changed my HZ from 60 - 120, Monitor not supported HZ rate. Need to revert.: HDMI Had no signal received from.monitor, eventhough the monitor recognised that the cable was connected. Set to low res mode to try and manually select input to HDMI as the screen was no longer...
  7. Accidentally changed my gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally changed my gamertag: I was thinking about changing my gamertag and was testing different options to see what they would look like, and I accidentally confirmed one and didnt mean to. Can it be switched back?...
  8. an accidental change of my username

in XBoX Accessibility
    an accidental change of my username: dear,Microsoft i was wondering if you could give my free username change back because when it was out i had cousins over and they kept asking if they could go on my Xbox and i said yes. there...
  9. Accidental gamertag change.

in XBoX on Windows
    Accidental gamertag change.: i have accidently changed my gamertag on my main xbox account but i wanted to change it on a another account, because it didint let me use any other name than the default generated one...
  10. accidentally changed wrong account

in XBoX on Windows
    accidentally changed wrong account: i accidentally changed my gamertag on the wrong account from "18" to "cow9429" i was wondering if there is anyway to get it reset d0e28c3c-e403-44bd-99a1-b1689786f732