I am having to buy to own a game i bought 3 years ago

Discus and support I am having to buy to own a game i bought 3 years ago in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Ark Surviaval Evolved 3 years ago i think it was in game preview I recently bought game pass which has Ark in it I canceled game pass 2 days... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LilCrypty, Aug 26, 2019.

1. LilCrypty
    LilCrypty Guest

I bought Ark Surviaval Evolved 3 years ago i think it was in game preview I recently bought game pass which has Ark in it I canceled game pass 2 days ago now it says i have to buy to own Ark Somebody pls help me

:)

LilCrypty, Aug 26, 2019
  2. LilCrypty Win User

I should probably specify i did not buy gamepass to play ark i bought gamepass for different games but ever since i canceled ark it has said i had to buy ark to own
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Crypty,

Thanks for coming to the forums with the issue. This happens a lot with game pass games. If you own it, uninstall the game as it is registering the game pass license. It will then show in your ready to install under my games and apps. You can then install
    it from there.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Miku Sakuya Win User

Make sure xbox live services are working good because sometimes when it has issues assuming its digital it can make it annoying inaccessible if your account isnt homed to your console
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

please try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait at least 60 seconds before powering on again:

http://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

If that failes then you might want to try the following

please double check
    http://account.microsoft.com/services
    to see if all is fine there

If the subscription shows, try the following steps

1. Remove profile from the console (Make sure you know the account credentials for the account, since you will need them later)
    2. Perform the manual power cycle steps like mentioned before
    3. Redownload your profile
    If these steps fail, then its best to contact Xbox Support (via Phone or Microsoft Support Chat) at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Let us know the results
  6. ShadsterWolf Win User

GFWL - Client works, but game cannot download profile (Lost Planet2)

This is resolved, however many will not by happy with this.

Basically, you need a new key. Yes, you need to buy a brand new key...

For some reason, and I have proved that my key I used many years ago is mine.

I have taken the update content and have loaded it on a new machine with the game.

This account had achievements for that game from gfwl since the day i bought it...

I want to argue that it was either the server that holds these keys that have possibly malfunctioned.

Or possibly steam's key generator malfunctioned.

Maybe, I am that stupid and really assigned my key to another account...

So, if you bought a key many years ago from steam, and you cannot get in... Then...

1. It's your own fault

2. It was steam's fault

3. It was the sever holding the key information

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to play the game now..
Thema:

1. I am having to buy to own a game i bought 3 years ago - Similar Threads - having buy own

2. I can't buy anything for the money I have topped up

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't buy anything for the money I have topped up: Why, despite the fact that I entered the code through which I topped up my Microsoft account, I can not buy anything for it? In the sense I have no option to pay with the money I have topped up. I...
  3. Having a problem buying GAMES?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having a problem buying GAMES?: When I go to the store to purchase a game it sends me back to the dashboard and get no error. My internet works just fine. 2d582975-51e3-49ca-bcca-3a4ea31618b0
  4. I have a Xbox 360 S with no power cords or power brick,where can I buy one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S with no power cords or power brick,where can I buy one: I have a Xbox 360 S with no power cords or power brick where can I buy them b9da841e-510f-463c-886a-a6b4c0d81fc1
  5. What ways can i buy a slime rancher add-on I don't have credit card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What ways can i buy a slime rancher add-on I don't have credit card: What ways can i buy a slime rancher add-on I don't have credit.. Tnx every 1.for answering .. 2ee00f71-41c3-4a7c-94a0-e608db236c92
  6. Having to buy an already owned game again issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having to buy an already owned game again issue: My brother bought Destiny 2 on his Xbox One but somehow it uninstalled and it says that he has to buy the game again. I’m game sharing with him so he allowed me to get it but he doesn’t. It even...
  7. I was gifted a game and it says I own it but I have to buy it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was gifted a game and it says I own it but I have to buy it.: I was gifted Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands and I am not able to install because it says I have to buy it. It also is not in my games to install. It is only on the Microsoft website where it...
  8. A game I redeemed with a free code says I don't own it but I have no options to buy it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A game I redeemed with a free code says I don't own it but I have no options to buy it: Hello, recently I redeemed a free code for Dark Souls that came with Dark Souls 3 day one edition. I never redeemed it before because I had no urge to play the game, but now I do and instead of...
  9. Have A Game That I Own Already But It Says I need to buy it again.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have A Game That I Own Already But It Says I need to buy it again.: Hello, Microsoft. The game that I own, GTA V, is not working properly. The console is constantly telling me to buy it again. And I don't have the funds for it anymore. Can you please solve this...
  10. Do I have to buy it again even though i already own it on the 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I have to buy it again even though i already own it on the 360?: I have minecraft on the 360, can i redownload it one the xbox one, or do i have to buy it again? 8611e550-b675-45e4-a06f-a9b78d136d9b