I am trying my hardest to support the Microsoft Xbox One.

Discus and support I am trying my hardest to support the Microsoft Xbox One. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; You read the title right. I am trying...that is all I can do. I've had my Xbox for a little over a year now and things were fine until it's warranty... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crushyyy, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Crushyyy
    Crushyyy Guest

You read the title right. I am trying...that is all I can do. I've had my Xbox for a little over a year now and things were fine until it's warranty ran out. Right after it was up it was like this One decided to become all faulty and a piece of crap. The
    Disk reader started to not pick up my games and when it did, it began to make a horrible noise that sounded like it was trying to demolish my games. I called Tech Support and the bull crap "unplug your Xbox power cord into a wall plug instead of a surge protector"
    is Their way of saying "We *** up the system so let's make up some crap to show that we are "trying"". Now, I got a Ethernet port problem where it does not even pick up the signal stating it is connected or not. I'm sorry for showing my anger on a post but
    I've tried to stand up for the Xbox One for MONTHS saying its a great console but I'm left with this crap and horrible troubleshooting ideas. Seriously, I bet a monkey made those ideas and I'm not even laughing. If there is a way I can get some help/knowledge
    on what I'm suppose to do in this situation without the previous Troubleshooting scenarios, then I will be one happy customer. Til then, you guys messed up.

:)

Crushyyy, Jul 25, 2015
  2. Xbox one game sharing-not the sharing you think!

With the ambitious features Microsoft was trying to implement previously I find it hard to believe they can't include this one for the Xbox One.

TangentialShark, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Mandy.vb
    Mandy.vb Guest
    Gamer profile bug 360 games

After having contacted Microsoft Support multiple times today, I was suggested to post my issues here on the forum.

I've been having problems with my Xbox One after trying to play a Xbox 360 game on it. (Fallout 3)

I was unable to download the profile, and all the steps have been performed with Microsoft support.

This issue also occurs with other Xbox 360 games, however the Xbox one games work perfectly fine.

Mandy.vb, Jul 25, 2015
  4. JELLYBIB
    JELLYBIB Guest

Seems to be consistent with my experience with the exception of the Ethernet issue. Interestingly I posted my concern/grievance shortly before yours. What sucks is being left with the choice of wasting any games you have purchased because you can no longer
    play them or spending the money on another console. Probably not the best strategy to boost console sales.

JELLYBIB, Jul 25, 2015
  5. I am going through this with my Day One right now too. I began experiencing that my XboxOne would not read game discs in February 2015 (just shortly after the warranty expired...), but did not report it as it would work some times, but not others. Now
    it fairly consistently will not read game discs.

Clearing the Persistent Storage did not work. Doing a hard restart did not work.

I just got off the phone with Xbox Services. My two options are to either pay $135 to set up a service request by phone or to pay $115 to set up a service request by going online to set it up.

I am more than annoyed with Microsoft at this point. I am mad.

I have been a customer since 2003. I paid $500+ for the system itself. I pay a yearly Xbox Live subscription when it now feels down more often than it is up on the weekends when I attempt to log on. I spend hundreds of dollars per year on games on Xbox
    Market Place movie rentals (should we even begin to discuss the Master Chief Collection debacle?).

Now they want $135 to fix a defective disc reader, a problem which they began recognizing was prevalent immediately after launch ("disc drive of death")? Why should I bother? So I can pay them another $135 in a year when the new disc reader fails too?
    This is insult to injury and I am done.

Isn't interesting that the system that did not want a disc drive to begin with (so that they could force you to download games off their market place) is now seeing disc drive failures juuuuust outside the warranty. Even more interestingly, the read issues
    are primarily game related, not Blu Ray or DVD related.

When I experienced the Red Ring of Death with the Xbox360, I was impressed by how responsive Microsoft was, fixing the system quickly and free of charge. Not anymore.

If someone at Microsoft is willing to look up my account and fix my counsel, I would consider staying. If not, I am done. I'm out. I will cancel my Xbox Live account by the end of the week and sell the system within the month. Maybe I will get a PS4.
    Maybe I won't. What I do know is that I will be wiping my hands clean of Microsoft unless they step up now to save a customer who has been loyal for over a decade.

The Judgement, Jul 27, 2015
  6. Hi there The Judgement while i'm sorry your experiencing these problems with xbox one, bragging how long you've been with xbox doesnt really apply your no better than the new guy playing on a xbox console. If you think Playstation 4 has everything figured
    out they dont, but if thats where you want to do just know this the grass isnt always greener on the otherside.

SilentGamer895, Jul 27, 2015
  7. If what you took away was that I was "bragging", then you missed the point. Microsoft is messing up. It is becoming obvious they ship their consoles with known defects and now they are refusing to fix it.

I didn't say I was getting a Playstation 4; I expressly stated that I did not know whether I would. All I do know is, after 11 years, I've had enough. So, I am asking one last time for Microsoft to fix the problem or I am going to hit them the only way
    I have left: stop giving them my money.

Also, you are fundamentally wrong about me being more or less valuable than someone who just picked up the console. I have provided Microsoft a steady flow of income for more than a decade. Profitable business models require developing and maintaining
    long-term, loyal customers. It costs considerably more to get a new customer than it would just to maintain the relationship I have with Microsoft now.

The Judgement, Oct 31, 2018
  8. The Judgement Win User

If what you took away was that I was "bragging", then you missed the point. Microsoft is messing up. It is becoming obvious they ship their consoles with known defects and now they are refusing to fix it.

I didn't say I was getting a Playstation 4; I expressly stated that I did not know whether I would. All I do know is, after 11 years, I've had enough. So, I am asking one last time for Microsoft to fix the problem or I am going to hit them the only way
    I have left: stop giving them my money.

Also, you are fundamentally wrong about me being more or less valuable than someone who just picked up the console. I have provided Microsoft a steady flow of income for more than a decade. Profitable business models require developing and maintaining
    long-term, loyal customers. It costs considerably more to get a new customer than it would just to maintain the relationship I have with Microsoft now.
  9. SilentGamer895 Win User

Hi there The Judgement while i'm sorry your experiencing these problems with xbox one, bragging how long you've been with xbox doesnt really apply your no better than the new guy playing on a xbox console. If you think Playstation 4 has everything figured
    out they dont, but if thats where you want to do just know this the grass isnt always greener on the otherside.
  10. JELLYBIB Win User

Seems to be consistent with my experience with the exception of the Ethernet issue. Interestingly I posted my concern/grievance shortly before yours. What sucks is being left with the choice of wasting any games you have purchased because you can no longer
    play them or spending the money on another console. Probably not the best strategy to boost console sales.
  11. The Judgement Win User

I am going through this with my Day One right now too. I began experiencing that my XboxOne would not read game discs in February 2015 (just shortly after the warranty expired...), but did not report it as it would work some times, but not others. Now
    it fairly consistently will not read game discs.

Clearing the Persistent Storage did not work. Doing a hard restart did not work.

I just got off the phone with Xbox Services. My two options are to either pay $135 to set up a service request by phone or to pay $115 to set up a service request by going online to set it up.

I am more than annoyed with Microsoft at this point. I am mad.

I have been a customer since 2003. I paid $500+ for the system itself. I pay a yearly Xbox Live subscription when it now feels down more often than it is up on the weekends when I attempt to log on. I spend hundreds of dollars per year on games on Xbox
    Market Place movie rentals (should we even begin to discuss the Master Chief Collection debacle?).

Now they want $135 to fix a defective disc reader, a problem which they began recognizing was prevalent immediately after launch ("disc drive of death")? Why should I bother? So I can pay them another $135 in a year when the new disc reader fails too?
    This is insult to injury and I am done.

Isn't interesting that the system that did not want a disc drive to begin with (so that they could force you to download games off their market place) is now seeing disc drive failures juuuuust outside the warranty. Even more interestingly, the read issues
    are primarily game related, not Blu Ray or DVD related.

When I experienced the Red Ring of Death with the Xbox360, I was impressed by how responsive Microsoft was, fixing the system quickly and free of charge. Not anymore.

If someone at Microsoft is willing to look up my account and fix my counsel, I would consider staying. If not, I am done. I'm out. I will cancel my Xbox Live account by the end of the week and sell the system within the month. Maybe I will get a PS4.
    Maybe I won't. What I do know is that I will be wiping my hands clean of Microsoft unless they step up now to save a customer who has been loyal for over a decade.
  12. T4M3W0LF Win User

Why are people still allowed to play online while cheating

There will be cheating on what ever platform you play on they cant stop everyone unfortantly but microsoft is trying there best the hardest one to stop i say is the people using modified controllers
Thema:

1. I am trying my hardest to support the Microsoft Xbox One. - Similar Threads - trying hardest support

2. A quick tip for Alpha Skip Ahead peeps. If you do not have the new Dashboard try restarting...

in XboX Insiders
    A quick tip for Alpha Skip Ahead peeps. If you do not have the new Dashboard try restarting...: [IMG] submitted by /u/ninthblock5 [link] [comments]
  3. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? I am trying to register for the xcloud beta but cannot...

in XboX Insiders
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong here? I am trying to register for the xcloud beta but cannot...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Lisaalexstark [link] [comments]
  4. I try download my profile on my xbox 360 but always got this error,

in XBoX on Consoles
    I try download my profile on my xbox 360 but always got this error,: "Sorry, there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in"... I try the family child account thing and many other but nothing helps, please help me...
  5. Trying to add spending money to my son's account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to add spending money to my son's account: For the last two days I have been trying to add spending money on my son's account like I have done many times before. I go in to my family section, select my sons name, click on spending, click...
  6. I try to connect to my Xbox for about 30 minutes with the Xbox app (beta) but if it does...

in XboX Insiders
    I try to connect to my Xbox for about 30 minutes with the Xbox app (beta) but if it does...: [IMG] submitted by /u/J_U_R_4_S_S_l_C [link] [comments]
  7. 'Hardware Problem' message when I try to connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    'Hardware Problem' message when I try to connect to wifi: Last week in the midst of playing a game on my Xbox One, I got kicked off my WiFi and since then I haven't been able to get back on it. When I try try to run a test connection it tells me it's not...
  8. insider program > xbox account creation : An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    insider program > xbox account creation : An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.: create flightsimulator 2020 account login must create xbox account : "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." ??? best regards Klaus f944b2ed-5af6-4947-a33c-d8fe1519f1d9
  9. Gamepad xbox one not working after trying update firmware on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepad xbox one not working after trying update firmware on Windows 10: Hi, Couple days ago, I tried to update the firmware of my xbox one gamepad on PC Windows 10. I do not own an xbox one console. My friend did update successfully update the firmware of his...
  10. Gamepad xbox one not working after trying update firmware on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamepad xbox one not working after trying update firmware on Windows 10: Hi, Couple days ago, I tried to update the firmware of my xbox one gamepad on PC Windows 10. I do not own an xbox one console. My friend did update successfully update the firmware of his...