I am trying to figure out why one of my gameplay clips was deleted.

Discus and support I am trying to figure out why one of my gameplay clips was deleted. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I recently filed a billing dispute against Xbox Live, as I was being double charged for Ultimate. The next day, a gameplay clip that I've had pinned... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by ToddIsBored, Sep 20, 2022.

1. ToddIsBored
    ToddIsBored Guest

I recently filed a billing dispute against Xbox Live, as I was being double charged for Ultimate.

The next day, a gameplay clip that I've had pinned to my profile for 227 days now shows a picture of a gavel/banhammer.

I have a 1:1 copy of the video in question, which I stored on my personal server last year.

The URL for a copy of my deleted video is:

http://www..com/parry.mp4

Which aspect of this clip violated the Xbox Live Terms and Conditions or Community Guidelines?

As a paying customer, I don't think it is unreasonable to have an expectation that my data stored in 'the cloud' will be preserved, backed up, and accessible, much as I would with any other data storage service.

I know at face value this is not a very important issue. However, I am upset that my showcased clip was deleted with no explanation, and very clearly shows no violations. It feels personal and/or vindictive.

As I said before... This video was pinned on my profile for 227 days. It had ~1,000 views and a handful of people liked/favorited it. It wasn't like it flew under the radar or anything, until recently.

TLI am trying to figure out why one of my gameplay clips was deleted. :DR: after filing a billing complaint, my video was mysteriously deleted from the xbox servers the very next day.

None of my other clips were deleted, of which there are many. There were several more videos on my profile that showcase the exact same move, finisher, and gameplay(albeit with a different opponent). All of those videos remain visible and public on my profile at the time of my posting this message.

I look forward to understanding why this action was taken against my profile.

:)

ToddIsBored, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

We wouldn't be able to give you any official reason why it was taken down here in the forums. That would normally be done by the enforcement team and they do not use the forums. You would have to try checking http://enforcement.xbox.com to see if there is anything listed for a content takedown and the reasoning why.

It also doesn't matter how long something has been on a profile. That usually just means it wasn't brought to the enforcement team's attention before then.
  3. ShaneHepburn Win User

Thread Deleted

Am not getting harress i was askiing about the thread deleted am abbassour and i had email saying thread deleted. Am trying figure out why it was deleted
  4. ll Spiders ll Win User

How do I turn off clips automatically recording without disabling feature for console?

someone has told me that there is a way but i could never figure it out...but you can mass delete clips by going to manage my clips when looking at your clips....better than going 1 by 1 by 1 deleting clips and wasting a half a day
  5. PANdaRUS-B7999C02-22 Win User

GameDVR simply gave up and no longer works

Ok, so after approximately one week or so of going back and forth day and night with xbox support, it was suggested I delete some of my game clips from my clips section in upload. I did so and immediately had success in recording again. I had 91 clips and
    brought it down to 80. I am now able to "xbox record that" and manually snap and gamedvr my gameplay once again.

I'm thinking that when I deleted the Bungies destiny demo, I may have also deleted a game clip or two or perhaps freed up some manner of cloud storage that affected the dvr option. This mislead me to think it was the beta possibly.

Either way figured it might help to share here because I know others were having this issue. Thanks for all the help. Greatly appreciated. :) [tag:fingerscrossed].
  6. DvFsandman Win User

dvr clips will not delete at all wtf ?

I just had this problem too, but i figured out a way to fix it. What you have to do, when it won't delete the clip, is exit out of upload, and make it go onto one of your pins so you can press start while hovering over it, and hit quit. This will restart
    the app. Once the app restarts, it will ask you if you want to delete the clip permanently. Keep hitting yes, the message will keep popping up until it eventually goes away and lets you go back to deleting clips again. For me, this issue only happens when
    i try to delete the clip while watching it.
Thema:

1. I am trying to figure out why one of my gameplay clips was deleted. - Similar Threads - trying figure why

2. My wife passed away a few months ago and I am trying to figure out options for her account...

in XBoX on Windows
    My wife passed away a few months ago and I am trying to figure out options for her account...: My wife passed away a few months ago. I haven't been able to bring myself to turn off her debit card yet, both because of grief and because there are other things I still use that I don't have...
  3. Trying to figure out if it is possible to transfer my POE 1 saves or POE 2 saves from XBOX...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to figure out if it is possible to transfer my POE 1 saves or POE 2 saves from XBOX...: Recently Ive been playing through the Pillars of Eternity games. They are reminiscent of old school rpgs from the 90's. I had just finished the first game after finding out a feature that involves...
  4. My grandson has been in violation of something on his XBOX. I am trying to figure out the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My grandson has been in violation of something on his XBOX. I am trying to figure out the...: Please help. THe account is in my name Tammy Fannin. How can I find out what violations he has caused. Thanks Tammy Send to my email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen...
  5. Trying to figure out why I can't remove my credit card/ where it is linked

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Trying to figure out why I can't remove my credit card/ where it is linked: I got an xbox recently and when I went to buy live, I saw credit card information was already on it. I bought a year of gold (but no recurring subscription) and tried to then delete my card (not...
  6. Permanent ban 6ish years ago still trying to figure out why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Permanent ban 6ish years ago still trying to figure out why?: My user name hamagiclamp was banned 6ish years ago for code of conduct. I was almost never on the only reason i found out was my brother said my bio said "code of conduct" or something so i logged...
  7. Permanent ban 6ish years ago still trying to figure out why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Permanent ban 6ish years ago still trying to figure out why?: My user name hamagiclamp was banned 6ish years ago for code of conduct. I was almost never on the only reason i found out was my brother said my bio said "code of conduct" or something so i logged...
  8. Trying to figure out why im not receiving my rewards points at all for purchases

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to figure out why im not receiving my rewards points at all for purchases: Trying to figure out why im not receiving my rewards points at all for purchases ea9e40dc-f294-46ae-bffe-149fa6db87bc
  9. Deposit not correct, trying to figure out why.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Deposit not correct, trying to figure out why.: I have been going back and forth with questions and half answers on Twitter and still no real explanation. The deposit today should have been for the full amount of credits not just a partial. Yet...
  10. Trying to figure out why my son got a 24 hour ban

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to figure out why my son got a 24 hour ban: Hello, I woke up this morning to an email saying my sons account had been comm banned for 24 hours. I'm not trying to get it overturned or reduced. I am just trying to figure out why it was...