I believe my Xbox Live account was hacked

Discus and support I believe my Xbox Live account was hacked in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm not certain if this is the right place to post this, but any help would be deeply appreciated. A couple days ago, I noticed that on the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Raptorsp88, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Raptorsp88
    Raptorsp88 Guest

I'm not certain if this is the right place to post this, but any help would be deeply appreciated.

A couple days ago, I noticed that on the game Fortnite, I had v-bucks as well as the battle pass - I knew that I hadn't bought either of these, but I assumed it was a mistake on Epic's end and that they'd reset it at some point down the road. Earlier today,
    the v-buck amount changed twice. I logged into my email associated with my Xbox Live account, and discovered 2 payments made to Fortnite that I never made. Nobody I know (friends, family, etc.) made those purchases. Furthermore, on my email account, I discovered
    a second Xbox One on my devices list (I removed it). So I'm fairly certain my account's been compromised somehow.

If anyone could offer some help with possibly resolving this for good and saving my account, I'd be grateful; what should I do, what steps to take, etc.. So far, I've done the following

• Added a controller passkey to the Xbox Live account, and set it's security setting to 'Lock It Down'
    • Changed my email password; set up a new primary alias
    • Added new security alert phone number
    • Installed and set up the Microsoft Authenticator app on my phone
    • Removed all app passwords (I don't ever use these, but I did it just in case)
    • Removed all trusted devices
    • Replaced recovery code
    • Canceled all subscriptions and removed all payment methods associated with my Xbox Live account and email

:)

Raptorsp88, Mar 29, 2019
  2. JoelHansen Win User

Hi,

You should wait until Calling hours as "Message with an Xbox gamer" is when you Contact us Ambassadors and we can unfortunately not start the investigation for you.

Good luck!

Regards
  3. Smwutches Win User

You would want to contact support directly so you'll want to wait for phone support.
  4. grfootball80 Win User

Might want to change your password to your epic account if you haven't already.
  5. Smwutches Win User

6. Raptorsp88 Win User

Should I wait until tomorrow during their calling hours, or is it fine to do the 'Message with an xbox gamer'?
Thema:

1. I believe my Xbox Live account was hacked - Similar Threads - believe Live account

2. I believe Dolby Surround Upmixing has been enabled when selecting the Atmos audio setting

in XboX Insiders
    I believe Dolby Surround Upmixing has been enabled when selecting the Atmos audio setting: I'm on the Alpha Channel. I might be going bananas, but I'm 90% confident that Dolby Upmixing has been enabled on the console in the absence of any settings toggle. I first noticed this while...
  3. I believe we are being billed twice in error for XBox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe we are being billed twice in error for XBox live: Who do I contact to discuss that we are being billed twice for XBox live? 109fa3af-a487-4a45-a4be-d264df4f1343
  4. How do I report someone that I believe is a predator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I report someone that I believe is a predator?: My adult son has disabilities. He has an xbox one and plays games. Recently, this person, claiming to be a female, joined a group that he is in. She says, she is from Montana, but she doesn't know...
  5. Xbox 3D... don't believe it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 3D... don't believe it.: My friend says he has a xbox 3D, but I never believed him about it. 943c48bb-2170-4a2a-a36a-19ef2c5f7122
  6. I believe someone is hacking into my account and getting me suspended and overusing my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe someone is hacking into my account and getting me suspended and overusing my...: I keep getting suspended off my account while im asleep, and it has happened close to 10 times. Usually I can just send the code and get back but this time every time i get on to access it, i get...
  7. I believe my account was hacked

in XBoX on Consoles
    I believe my account was hacked: I believe my Microsoft Live account has been hacked weird things like for instance in blackout for Call of Duty my ruin outfit suit is all white and it will also not let me play blackout at all...
  8. I believe I’ve been hacked

in XBoX on Consoles
    I believe I’ve been hacked: My 10 year old son Came home ftom school on fri and logged into his sccount on fortnight as usual and all his skins and battle pass had gone hes bak to thr start, ive chsnged my password is there...
  9. So Xbox Live doesn't believe in Honoring their advertised deals

in XBoX on Consoles
    So Xbox Live doesn't believe in Honoring their advertised deals: So I see this off on my dashboard for 33% off 12 month subscription but when I go to purchase it, the only this being offered is the usual $59.99 deal so I'm like WTF! I message customer service...
  10. I believe my Xbox Live Account was put on Communications Ban for no reason.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I believe my Xbox Live Account was put on Communications Ban for no reason.: My Xbox Live Account was put on a Communications Ban until 6/8/17 and I believe this is a misunderstanding and I did nothing wrong, and If I did say something bad, I think this goes against my...