I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me...

Discus and support I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I believe my Series X has been overheating. I have a photo but I don't see anywhere on here that I can attach it. The rear, left, lower vent... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EugeneGriffin, Dec 2, 2021.

1. I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me...

Hello.

I believe my Series X has been overheating. I have a photo but I don't see anywhere on here that I can attach it. The rear, left, lower vent has signs of the black coating on the plastic melting away in the center of the vent grid. Some spots show the grey or silver base color of the plastic. My console has never given an overheating warning and the fan has never changed speeds or ramped up. I wish I could show you the picture. Why isn't there a link to upload a photo?

The console has frozen, crashed, and shutdown while playing NBA2K22.

Edit: I took a chance and dragged the photo and it worked!!

I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me... [​IMG]

:)

EugeneGriffin, Dec 2, 2021
  2. EugeneGriffin Win User

I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me what you think. The vent is circled in red.

Hello MateusFontana.

Thank you for a quick reply. I purchased the console in late July and received it in late August. The manufacturing date on the label is May 2021. It's been only three months of normal use. That's why I thought it was strange that the vent coating had melted away like that. The console only shutdown completely when playing NBA 2K22. I know that a recent patch from Microsoft was supposed to resolve the issue but it didn't resolve my issue. I downloaded the update and the system seemed fine for a few days. It started freezing but not shutting down.

Sometimes it would crash to the console dashboard. This is pre and post Microsoft patch. It always happened in My Career. When it froze, I would have to close the app and reopen it. When it crashed to the console dashboard, I simply restarted the app. It had powered off my console playing the game.

After the few days after the Microsoft patch I reset the console but with keeping games and apps. It seemed to resolve the issues for a few more days and then the system starting freezing as I moved through the City in My Career. The console has never given a heat warning and I have never heard my fan ramp up at all.

I always give proper ventilation to the console. It sits in the middle of an open area when I play games because I know proper ventilation is important. Plus, I had a Xbox 360 back in the day and got the Red Ring Of Death.

It's only been three months of use.
  3. MateusFontana Win User

I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me what you think. The vent is circled in red.

Hello, how are you? Hope you're well. My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Well, it's not normal for this wear to happen on this part of the console, but before we confirm any problems, could you tell if you've had problems with other games, or with the system itself?

Has the console turned off by itself in another game?

See the Microsoft articles below, please.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Regarding the game mentioned where he was turning off his console, apparently, it was a problem with the game, and according to Microsoft and the developer the problem was solved, do you still have this problem in this game?

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community.
  4. dustinbooth Win User

Strange noise on Xbox series x

It's not even remotely close to overheating. I live in Florida, my series x sits right beside an AC. The more I look into the problem, the more I believe it's just the plastic getting hot and expanding and contracting. Seeing how I've went over 10 hours never had it close to overheating
  5. JakeConway Win User

Power issues on Xbox series x

Mine goes off after 2 to 3 hours of gameplay. Xbox ambassador advised me to carry out a soft reset on the console.

Believe it may be an issue with overheating. Both Xbox Series X games and normal games seem to be crashing for me.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Again

If you buy the digital version of Cyberpunk 2077 I do believe you get it on both One and Series X, if that's what your wondering :)
    There's some big rumors going around that I'm hearing, that Cyberpunk 2077 will launch same day as the Xbox Series X, if true, then for me, if i was to buy Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox, it would be pointless to buy it for Xbox One, as I'm getting the Xbox Series
    X on launch day and i will be trading in my Xbox One X for some Series X games on the same day.

Again, if the rumors are true, then we already have the release date for Series X, even though Microsoft has yet to reveal the release date on the Series X other than ( "Holiday 2020" ).

I'll be getting Cyberpunk 2077 for my 4K Gaming PC, that already out performs the Xbox Series X, I'm wanting Cyberpunk 2077 to look it's best when i get it and my PC will offer that.

Not that it wont look good on Series X, Which I'm sure it will still look amazing, but I'm choosing to play it on the platform that offers the best performance, which is my PC.
Thema:

I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me...

1. I believe my Xbox Series X has been overheating. Edit: Please look at the photo and tell me... - Similar Threads - believe Series has

2. I believe I was selected but my Xbox One is in a questionable state...

in XboX Insiders
    I believe I was selected but my Xbox One is in a questionable state...: So I got the message saying that I have until 6/30/21 to claim my xbox series X from the console pilot program. Unfortunately earlier this month, a power surge hit my house and killed my Xbox One....
  3. Here’s why I believe the Xbox Series X should have the “Red Ring of Death.”

in XboX Insiders
    Here’s why I believe the Xbox Series X should have the “Red Ring of Death.”: From a technological perspective, the Xbox Series X is partially superior to the likes of the PlayStation 5 due to the XSX’s overall performance and ability to play up to three generations worth...
  4. I believe the pass key on my dead Xbox is preventing my from playing online on PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    I believe the pass key on my dead Xbox is preventing my from playing online on PC?: My Xbox One fried so I am trying to play on PC until I get a new Xbox. Problem is I am locked out of many functions including multiplayer because on Xbox I have a pass key. I believe the pass key...
  5. I believe my Mahjong by Microsoft caught a virus.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I believe my Mahjong by Microsoft caught a virus.: So something bad happened with my copy of Mahjong by Microsoft on mobile phone. Seems today I came across one of the Challenges on June 2021 and Lightning Titles caught a virus because there is no...
  6. I believe we need too restart minecraft or change our privacy settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I believe we need too restart minecraft or change our privacy settings: I believe we need to sign out of minecraft and sign in with the same acount or change your privacy settings 8dba0013-b233-4085-bc9f-0ed384df9de6
  7. I can`t believe that Microsoft lets us really navigate their shiny new Microsoft EDGE...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can`t believe that Microsoft lets us really navigate their shiny new Microsoft EDGE...: Why must it be impossible vor App-Devs to add mouse support to their Apps. Life could be so much more convenient! [img] 0f73a405-f0fe-4935-a878-43a76484733f
  8. I believe I was wrongfully communication banned for 10 days,

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe I was wrongfully communication banned for 10 days,: Is there anyway o can talk to someone at microsoft to sort the issue because i was wrongfully communication banned and i need to tell someone bassically this guy on gta killed me like 30 times so...
  9. Xbox servers are back up (I believe)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox servers are back up (I believe): Could someone please check if the servers are back? I saw on another sub that they are but I’m not home. submitted by /u/Schmityy22 [link] [comments]
  10. I believe my suspension action is still going on even though it ended.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I believe my suspension action is still going on even though it ended.: I was suspended for sending rude messages to a guy who was griefing, and the suspension has since ended. However, i am still not able to invite my friends to games or play on any of the servers on...