I bought a game but it says i don't own it.

Discus and support I bought a game but it says i don't own it. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i bought Call of Duty: Modern Warfare when it was released for £60 and had no problem with installing or anything. I then decided to game share with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dylan_K77, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Dylan_K77
    Dylan_K77 Guest

So i bought Call of Duty: Modern Warfare when it was released for £60 and had no problem with installing or anything. I then decided to game share with my brother for other things, but he also owned the game. I ended up uninstalling Modern Warfare sometime
    later but recently, i stopped game sharing with my brother. Due to me not having a few games to play after we stopped game sharing, i decided to re-install Modern Warfare for the new update but it says i have to purchase it again. Anyone one know what's going
    on?

Just checked my payment history and it says i never bought it.

:)

Dylan_K77, Apr 10, 2020
  2. bowski477 Win User

I don't own games I have bought

This was likely due to a service alert that was up effecting the ability to play downloaded games and apps. You should be able to use them now that the alert has lifted. If you continue to have this problem please post back.
  3. SychoSide Win User

Bought a game from the Xbox Marketplace, but it says I don't own it

Hey there,

This is quite odd and may be a bug between your account and console. Have you checked your recent purchases on your Microsoft account via the website to see if it was picked up on their end as well?

You can view your recent purchases using the Order History page at:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

If it shows up but you are still not able to download it on your console, I would suggest contacting support and have both your email and the Order History on hand as they may ask for it.

I hope that will help you.
  4. GP98 Win User

Hey, SychoSide,

Yeah I checked the order history and it said that the order was complete, I guess it time to call tech support. Thanks anyway for the help.
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

Look for it from your PC. You may have to initiate the install from there and it'll go to your console. Buying 360 games can be a bit buggy sometimes.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Games is not starting and saying I don't own the game

Sorry to hear it. Those are the standard steps to get a game working. If you purchased the game on your account and cannot play it then you'll need to contact phone support for more assistance. Please click this link to get the number for your region http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?isChatCallAvailable=false
Thema:

1. I bought a game but it says i don't own it. - Similar Threads - bought game says

2. Message saying I dont own a game, just digitally bought.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Message saying I dont own a game, just digitally bought.: so.. i just bought a game from the xbox online store. purchase was a success, money came out from my bank account etc.. it says i own it, i downloaded it.. that was all fine. and then when I go to...
  3. Bought a game from the Xbox Marketplace, but it says I don't own it

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Bought a game from the Xbox Marketplace, but it says I don't own it: Hi, So Xbox was having this sale for backward-compatible 360 games for like up to 80% off. I bought a few and all were charged to my bank account, and I got the email receipts for them all. I was...
  4. Minecraft won't work on my Xbox One, and it says I need the Xbox Game Pass. (i bought the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft won't work on my Xbox One, and it says I need the Xbox Game Pass. (i bought the...: Okay, I have a BIG STINKY problem. I bought Minecraft a while ago. I did NOT get it with the Xbox Game Pass. I get on my Xbox One and try to play Minecraft and it says, "Looks like you need to...
  5. i already bought a game but it says i have to buy it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i already bought a game but it says i have to buy it again: a few weeks ago I bought Minecraft for windows 10 after getting my hard drive replaced it say on the Microsoft store that I have to buy it even though I already did...
  6. Bought game (GTA V) digitally, but will still say I need a disc to play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought game (GTA V) digitally, but will still say I need a disc to play: I just bought GTA V on the Microsoft store on the Xbox One. It was the premium online edition that includes a certain DLC. The night it finished installing it worked fine and I was able to play...
  7. Code bought from Game UK site saying Wrong Region

in XBoX on Consoles
    Code bought from Game UK site saying Wrong Region: I've just purchased an Xbox Live 3 month subscription for my son from the GAME website and after inputting the code its says that it is for the wrong region and won't work. GAME have told me to...
  8. My game I bought on my Xbox isn’t saying I bought it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game I bought on my Xbox isn’t saying I bought it: my grand theft auto 5 digital edition i bought does not say i bought it and i went into the store and it says its not bought whats happening microsoft its happening to everyone help i was playing...
  9. Do all aliases receive emails say, if a game is bought on the xbox store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do all aliases receive emails say, if a game is bought on the xbox store?: Do all aliases receive emails say, if a game is bought on the xbox store? or is it just the primary? 863d7a53-4aa2-4ace-b4d4-5fccca1f5ee0
  10. My game keeps saying I need to sign in on the account I bought it on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game keeps saying I need to sign in on the account I bought it on: I need to know why it says I need to sign in on the account I bought it on as I'm on the account but it's not letting me play on it 64301f17-b4e0-4207-9fc0-17edee6f8d5d