I bought a used Xbox One today. Are the games previously installed by the former owners now ...

Discus and support I bought a used Xbox One today. Are the games previously installed by the former owners now ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Today I purchased a used Xbox One. I have my profile on my Xbox One and am signed in. The games previously installed by the former owners still show up... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BigZman95, May 29, 2014.

1. BigZman95
    BigZman95 Guest

I bought a used Xbox One today. Are the games previously installed by the former owners now ...

Today I purchased a used Xbox One. I have my profile on my Xbox One and am signed in. The games previously installed by the former owners still show up and I am able to play them just fine. Do I now own these games? How can I check who is the owner
    of the license for the game? And is there anyway to transfer the license of these games to my account? If I remove the old profiles will these games disappear? Thanks.

:)

BigZman95, May 29, 2014
  2. ModelBus061
    ModelBus061 Guest
    New Xbox with installed games?

When you get a brand new Xbox One is there games installed on it or not?

I just bought a new Xbox One from a respect store but unfortunatelly I feel like I've been lied to.

When I opened the box it really felt like it had been opened by someone else before and that the Xbox had been used.

When I opened the Xbox, there was already a Final Fantasy game, MX & ATV supercross game and Trackmania turbo game.

Since I am not the one who download and installed those games would it mean that this Xbox I bought as Brand new was actually posses by someone else before? Therefore I would have bought a used Xbox?

Thank you

ModelBus061, May 29, 2014
  3. No games instailed

Got an new Xbox one done my updates and installed my games but turn the Xbox on today and I have no games installed but hard drive space have been used

DeadbeatEAGLE, May 29, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

When you purchase content it is tied to the gamertag that purchased the content. So the previous owner is still the owner of the games. There is no way to transfer the licenses to your account. With the One, if you designate your console as your Home console,
    you can share content with other profiles on the console. It sounds like the previous owner has not removed that designation. If he does purchase a new console and chooses that as his Home console, it will remove the licenses from your console and you will
    not be able to play the games.

Smwutches, May 30, 2014
  5. Smwutches Win User

I bought a used Xbox One today. Are the games previously installed by the former owners now mine?

When you purchase content it is tied to the gamertag that purchased the content. So the previous owner is still the owner of the games. There is no way to transfer the licenses to your account. With the One, if you designate your console as your Home console,
    you can share content with other profiles on the console. It sounds like the previous owner has not removed that designation. If he does purchase a new console and chooses that as his Home console, it will remove the licenses from your console and you will
    not be able to play the games.
  6. AnimalGlobe024 Win User

i bought a 2nd hand xbox one with 3 installed games how to handle?

If i don't remove the former account, can i use my own live gold account if the live account from the former owner expirers? If this works i can buy and install new games on my own (my Sons) account and use the former account only for the already installed
    games, maby in the future it is possible to switch the installed games to another account?
  7. NENGaming Win User

i bought a 2nd hand xbox one with 3 installed games how to handle?

The games will be linked to the former owners Microsoft account. You'll not be able to use these games once that account has been removed from the Xbox One.
  8. ArminatorX Win User

Game won’t work after soft reset

... i have a battlefield 1 edition console, that came with battlefield 1 that i’ve been playing since i got the console, now it doesnt seem to recognise that i own the game.
    Did you buy the console new and did you have to redeem a code to install the game on the console?

Or did you buy the console used, and the previous owner already installed Battlefield on the console?

If it's used, then the previous owner "owns" the Battlefield game, and just had the console set to be his "Home Console", allowing the console to unlock his games for everyone to play on that specific console. However, if the user changes his Home Console,
    the new Home Console can now unlock the game, and the former Home Console can't unlock the game for you anymore.

So if you bought the console used, and you paid more money for the Battlefield game, ask for your money back.

If the console was bought new, and you did redeem the code yourself, make sure you are using the same account that you used to redeem the code.
  9. WuzzerDS Win User

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - Purchase problem again

Did you previously own an Xbox 360 - No

Now i tried from PC and XONE - nothing. And maybe MS will fix this problem - cause I bought Gold - and can't use some preferences - it is strange.. Maybe MS will sold gold for new users ('cutted' version) - and for owners X360?
Thema:

1. I bought a used Xbox One today. Are the games previously installed by the former owners now ... - Similar Threads - bought used today

2. Bought an xbox, began installing it. Use mobile app to save time it advised. Now, they've...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought an xbox, began installing it. Use mobile app to save time it advised. Now, they've...: Bought an xbox, began installing it. 'Use mobile app' to save time it advised. Now, they've messed up and given me a [Mod Removed - Profanity] gamertag I never wanted in the first place and want...
  3. Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my newly bought xbox 360 controller cable not work with my used xbox 360 controller?: I buy the used xbox 2 or 3 weeks ago and now i try to connect the used xbox 360 controller to my xbox 360 but nothing happens, but the cables led is not light up The usb is good i try and i try...
  4. How could I have bought a consumable for Onigiri and cannot use it because it will not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How could I have bought a consumable for Onigiri and cannot use it because it will not...: So since last night, I attempted to buy the 100 Oni Coins in Onigiri, but in the game, the in-game error message says that this gamer profile cannot receive Oni Coins. I mean was I banned from...
  5. Bought xbox game pass for PC, can't even use it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought xbox game pass for PC, can't even use it.: I am yet another person out of thousands who are having issues with the game pass on PC. I spent money for this, and can't even use it at all. The .exe app you can download gets hung on "making...
  6. I bought Modern Warfare using a code and it downloaded but i can't download on a non-home...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Modern Warfare using a code and it downloaded but i can't download on a non-home...: It's the first time this happens 04602c3e-c44a-4239-a1de-47ab9e347b4c
  7. Just bought a used Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just bought a used Xbox one: i currently just bought a used xbox one.This xbox one apparently comes with the download for assassins creed unity.My question is if i factory reset this xbox one so i can use my account on it and...
  8. Xbox One S bought in the United States can be used in Uruguay, South America

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One S bought in the United States can be used in Uruguay, South America: Can an Xbox One S bought in the United States be used in Uruguay, South America? I am not interested in Xbox Live, is a present for my grandson that loves to play his Godzilla CD games but his...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 bought, can I use Minecraft Java Edition: Hi, I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Can I download and use Minecraft Java Edition from minecraft.net with this purchase, or do I need to pay again to get Java Edition? Thanks...
  10. I can not use the live code I bought today

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not use the live code I bought today: I can not use the live code I bought today 54630bb6-716e-4e5d-91ae-7039b7923053