i bought an xbox gift card and it will not redeem on my phone and add to my account

Discus and support i bought an xbox gift card and it will not redeem on my phone and add to my account in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; why doesn't my x box card redeem on my account i just bought it today? 0b5fee8a-6a12-4e34-b4fc-6f3ca66292dd Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by JamesNaab, Dec 26, 2019.

1. JamesNaab
    JamesNaab Guest

i bought an xbox gift card and it will not redeem on my phone and add to my account

why doesn't my x box card redeem on my account i just bought it today?

:)

JamesNaab, Dec 26, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi James,

Welcome to the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to provide you some relevant and helpful information.

There are many reasons why you may not be able to redeem an Xbox Gift card to your Microsoft Account. You will need to provide more information to have an idea what could be causing the issue.

Have you tried redeeming the code from here redeem.microsoft.com? Have you tried redeeming the code directly from the
    Xbox One console? What error are you getting?

Follow this support article https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...es-gifting/troubleshoot-gift-card-code-issues to
    troubleshoot the issue and which should help you answer the questions I asked. There is a link at the end of the article if you have gone though everything and need to request a new code.
  3. sheanash Win User

Fraudulent Charges

But Microsoft redeemed the gift cards to someone's account! That someone is the thief. The person getting the giftcards does not know my credit card information, Microsoft has this, likely all they had was my password. I changed my password and downloaded
    the Microsoft authenticator app to my phone, but literally someone redeemed this specific gift cards to their specific xbox account THAT MICROSOFT KNOWS! It shouldn't require anything but some button pushing to track them down.
  4. Krugnik Win User

[Something Went Wrong] Give it another try, if it happens again, let us know by entering....

I'm having this same problem also trying to redeem a couple gift cards and add them to my account.
  5. JackTalzin Win User

Bought ATOMs - Wasn’t given ATOMs (FO76) and Microsoft won’t refund or give what I bought

Hi Felix,

Yes the charge is there on May 4 along with two redeemed xbox gift cards I got for my bday. So i redeemed 25 and 15 dollar gift cards and then bought 39.99 atoms bundle so it does show as charged.

I havent spoken to anyone on the phone though and at this point i fear all ill get is the “not qualify under our terms of sale” response.
  6. Mel and RussKerr Win User

Gift Card

Hi Michael,

I had assumed that as I manage his xbox account through my own account and this is where and how I add funds ( to often may I add ) to his account. I would simply do the same expect this time from My microsoft balance. It looks like that was wrong, and
    now I see I should of entered the email address linked to his xbox account rather that the main family one. Now its stuck in my account and can not be reloaded on to the gift card so I can reverse the error and instead redeem it on his account.

I thought I had solved it, by thinking I could buy another gift card and then redeem it in the correct account, however microsoft will not permit me to purchase a gift card using any balance in my microsoft account !!

Looks like i'm stuck with it and now owe my son money too !!!!
Thema:

1. i bought an xbox gift card and it will not redeem on my phone and add to my account - Similar Threads - bought gift card

2. gift card, that was bought through amazon says already redeemed

in XBoX Accessibility
    gift card, that was bought through amazon says already redeemed: a relative of mine bought be a gift card through amazon, through the email it said the code, I put the cde in on the xobox and it said code already reedemed, also in the email it said “redeem code...
  3. Microsoft gift card bought at Tesco's

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft gift card bought at Tesco's: I recently bought a £25 gift card at a Tesco store, when i tried to redeem the code it just says code is deactivated. I called Tesco's but they told me to take it up with Microsoft so i did and...
  4. I bought a $30 game pass gift card for my brother and i cant even redeem it, even though...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a $30 game pass gift card for my brother and i cant even redeem it, even though...: I also tried to refund my purchase but i cant even do that too for some odd reason, i would appreciate the help if anyone could help me with this problem. 796a9621-b772-430c-ad89-95d113901996
  5. Just bought a $15 gift card and it say its already redeemed when i put the code in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Just bought a $15 gift card and it say its already redeemed when i put the code in: How doi redeem my gift card that My mother just bought for me & my brother a piece and when we put the code off the receipt in the game system it says already redeemed but we just got it please...
  6. we bought a xbox gold gift card for a person that lives in canada

in XBoX on Consoles
    we bought a xbox gold gift card for a person that lives in canada: cant use it without a CA code...any help? 47767126-b188-48a8-b3de-e6bfbb31c88d
  7. Bought 100 dollar xbox gift card but did not receive it on my account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Bought 100 dollar xbox gift card but did not receive it on my account: Bought xbox one gift card 100 dollar but did not receive bba296e8-cd87-43be-870c-e6d604b4a990
  8. Gift card I bought is already used

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift card I bought is already used: I just bought a Gift card and when redeeming it said its already used. I contacted the seller but they need me to find the date and activation time and need screenshots of my...
  9. I bought a Xbox Gift card before and it worked perfectly, now, it says it’s not from my region

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a Xbox Gift card before and it worked perfectly, now, it says it’s not from my region: What is this yo? (Mod Removed) c67f67c6-aa5b-40e4-a826-ea2f47ab2c64
  10. Bought a gift card in Tesco

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Bought a gift card in Tesco: I bought two gift cards value £40 in Tesco. Turns out they are only to exchange for wifi games. My granddaughter has to have games on CD. Tesco won't refund. It is impossible to get to speak to a...