I bought Sea of Thieves but when I go to play it says I need to renew my Xbox Game Pass

Discus and support I bought Sea of Thieves but when I go to play it says I need to renew my Xbox Game Pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I go to play Sea Of Thieves it says I need to renew my xbox gamepass. However I have bought gamepass before and canceled it. But i just bought sea... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HarrisonRaska, Feb 12, 2021.

1. I bought Sea of Thieves but when I go to play it says I need to renew my Xbox Game Pass

When I go to play Sea Of Thieves it says I need to renew my xbox gamepass. However I have bought gamepass before and canceled it. But i just bought sea of thieves and when i try to okay it is says i need game pass. But i bought the game. How do i fix this, i really wanna play the game.

:)

HarrisonRaska, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

I bought Sea of Thieves but when I go to play it says I need to renew my Xbox Game Pass

Do you have a Gold subscription? Since it's an online game you would need Gold or Game Pass Ultimate to play it.
  3. HarrisonRaska Win User

I just deleted minecraft and went to reinstall and now its telling me i have to buy the game. This is insane. Microsoft please fix this. Ive bought these games and owned them for a long time and now i have to buy it again?!!! ****
  4. HarrisonRaska Win User

Now when i go to play minecraft its saying the ssme thing. This is so annoying. Ive not had game pass in over a year. Ive bought these games outside of gamepass. Ive owned minecraft for a very long time. This is so annoying. Please fix this microsoft!
  5. RockyVids Win User

Sea Of Thieves

Hi RecklessPark616,

Before we look further into this situation, do you mind telling me if you had the Game Pass on your Xbox at the time in which you could play Sea of Thieves? I believe that you may not be able to play Sea of Thieves because it is a Game Pass exclusive game,
    so you would need to have the Game Pass in order to access Sea of Thieves. I also recieved the game when I purchased my Xbox, however it would only stay on my console as long as I continued my subscription with Game Pass.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Looks like you need to renew Game Pass. If your subscription is current, try quitting and relaunching the game.

I own game pass Ultimate and therefore have access to play games on my Xbox and my pc. but recently it seems that if I try to launch a game on my pc it says I need to renew game pass. I know I don't have to renew it because I can play sea of thieves
    (a game I don't own but play through game pass) on my Xbox. but when I try to play it on my pc it gives me the message from above. I've looked through my account to my subscriptions tab on the Xbox app on pc. and it tells me I own game pass pc, but if I refresh
    the page it'll disappear. I just want to know if this a bug that would be fixed soon or if I need to rebuy game pass for pc. but for now I can't play any game pass games on my pc even though I own game pass ultimate, which is SUPPOSED to let me play game pass
    games on console and pc. I've tried restarting my computer, relaunching the game, going onto the Xbox console companion and then going to the my games tab. then I try to launch sea of thieves through there but it NEVER works. I tried this yesterday and
    thought maybe it was just a mistake with Xbox servers. but here I am a day later making this post because it still wont work.
    I've been having that problem a lot with Game Pass on PC as well. For me, signing out of the Xbox Beta app and then signing back in seems to fix it for a few days. Hopefully that works for you.
Thema:

1. I bought Sea of Thieves but when I go to play it says I need to renew my Xbox Game Pass - Similar Threads - bought Sea Thieves

2. I cannot install sea of thieves on my pc even though i have bought the game on my xbox one...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install sea of thieves on my pc even though i have bought the game on my xbox one...: [img] it says buy game even though I should just be able to download it. 4226fdfb-47e2-438c-8246-3887d9834b19
  3. I can't download a game I bought (Sea of Thieves) on the Microsoft Store and I can't...

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't download a game I bought (Sea of Thieves) on the Microsoft Store and I can't...: So I bought the game back in november-december 2019 and I've never encounter any problems until summer 2020. When I tried to log in the game, a message was telling me to update it. I went on the...
  4. I bought Sea Of Thieves coins and still didn't got it, I've been waiting for 1 hour.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought Sea Of Thieves coins and still didn't got it, I've been waiting for 1 hour.: I bought Sea Of Thieves coins and still didn't got it, I've been waiting for 1 hour. b5e5955c-0170-4bbe-8a52-230cc8936bf0
  5. sea of thieves bought ancient coins

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sea of thieves bought ancient coins: i did not get an confirmation email and my ancient coins via ideal in game e6f20252-9694-46dc-8bc1-e48b6ff9eaeb
  6. Bought Game Pass Ultimate to get the sea of thieves ancestral ship set but i dont have it

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought Game Pass Ultimate to get the sea of thieves ancestral ship set but i dont have it: I redeemed my code but when i go to the ingame ship chest the skins arent there. Is it just me or is the perk system just busted ? 2d7d88b8-7a40-4399-a95a-7b3c320d2ea1
  7. Bought Sea of Thieves a year ago and its not connected to my mail anymore.

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought Sea of Thieves a year ago and its not connected to my mail anymore.: A year ago i bought sea of thieves connected to my mail the account is named "GreatKitten1808" and i have been playing the game for a decent amount of time even getting achivements on it. But...
  8. Can I play Sea of Thieves on PC if I bought it for Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play Sea of Thieves on PC if I bought it for Xbox?: Ok, so I've recently purchased Sea of Thieves for Xbox 1 from GameStop (Physical Copy), and I wanted to play on my PC. But, when I attempted to do so, It only prompts me to buy the game, even...
  9. I bought Sea Of Thieves from the Xbox store, but it won’t let me play the game unless I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Sea Of Thieves from the Xbox store, but it won’t let me play the game unless I...: Its so stupid i cant play the game that i paid an overpriced $40 for because of the game pass. I bought this game to play with the boys but i cant play because xbox service wants me to pay for a...
  10. Dont know to install Sea fo thieves on pc when i have bought it on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Dont know to install Sea fo thieves on pc when i have bought it on xbox: So I am trying to install sea of thieves after recently getting a gaming pc but I don't know how to the game sea of thieves says that its a xbox play anywhere game but as soon as I click on to it...