I can not get a wireless OR a wired controller in port 2 on my xbox 360???

Discus and support I can not get a wireless OR a wired controller in port 2 on my xbox 360??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a wireless controller hooked up to my xbox 360 and it works. If I try to hook up both a wired or a wireless controller for a 2nd player it will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UltraLeader7, Aug 29, 2014.

1. UltraLeader7
    UltraLeader7 Guest

I have a wireless controller hooked up to my xbox 360 and it works. If I try to hook up both a wired or a wireless controller for a 2nd player it will not work. The wireless controller - the power button blinks and keeps blinking.... The wired controller
    will not do anything. it will not turn on / light will not come on at all. I tried to turn the console off then back on and press the reset button. Not sure what to do.....any help would be appreciated.

:)

UltraLeader7, Aug 29, 2014
  2. 2 Wired Controllers not connecting properly

I have the same problem with both controllers only seen as Player 1. They are both the black MS Xbox 360 wired controller. I tried all the ports, one at a time, together, on, off etc. Nothing works. I can only use one wireless and one wired if I want
    2 players but not 2 wired together. Help! Is there a fix? Otherwise I will return the wired controllers and buy just wireless.

AgreeingBeatle7, Aug 29, 2014
  3. mrpunch0
    mrpunch0 Guest
    Wired controller (brand new) won't connect

I bought my daughter a Rock Candy WIRED controller to replace an old wireless controller that went bad.

When I plug it into the USB port the Xbox button lights up -- I can even turn on the system using it -- but once the system is turned on, it won't recognize the controller. All four lights remain lit (instead of just the one corresponding to player 1 or
    2) and none of the buttons work. (My other wireless controllers work just fine, so it's not the system.) I have tried both USB ports with the same results.

Does this official Xbox controller not really work? Did I just get a bad one? Am I just doing it wrong?

mrpunch0, Aug 29, 2014
  4. UltraLeader7
    UltraLeader7 Guest

Sorry... The subject says I can not get a controller in port 2. I can get a wired controller in it..... I just cant get it to work. I can not get a wireless OR a wired controller in port 2 on my xbox 360??? :)

UltraLeader7, Aug 29, 2014
  5. UltraLeader7 Win User

Sorry... The subject says I can not get a controller in port 2. I can get a wired controller in it..... I just cant get it to work. :)
  6. GeekDragon-901011C6- Win User

Having problems with my wireless headset.

Troubleshooting doesn't help. Headset connects to port one and as soon as I plug in my wired controller, the controller connects to port 2 and they won't sync together.
  7. AgreeingBeatle7 Win User

2 Wired Controllers not connecting properly

I have the same problem with both controllers only seen as Player 1. They are both the black MS Xbox 360 wired controller. I tried all the ports, one at a time, together, on, off etc. Nothing works. I can only use one wireless and one wired if I want
    2 players but not 2 wired together. Help! Is there a fix? Otherwise I will return the wired controllers and buy just wireless.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

how can I update driver for xbox 360 controller for windows 10

Hi,

There is no driver to download for the 360 controller on Windows 10, because the driver is already installed as part of the OS.

There are two likely reasons why your controller isn't being detected. It's either because your controller isn't a true wired controller or you've plugged it into a USB 1 port.

If your controller is wireless please note that you can not turn it into a wired controller with a Play & Charge. It will always be wireless and therefore will not be detected. To use a wireless controller on Windows you will need a gaming wireless receiver.
    Otherwise, you will need a 360 wired controller.
  9. bigjuju88 Win User

wired xbox 360 controllers

Okay. Here's a list of what I did to try and trouble-shoot the issue.

1 - Turned off and unplugged XBOX 360. Plugged in 3 Microsoft brand wired controllers into USB ports on the back. Plugged in XBOX 360 and powered on. All 3 controllers show Player 1. Unplugged each controller individually at the in-line release/breakaway
    connector and reconnected. No change. Each still shows Player 1.

2 - Turned off and unplugged XBOX 360. Plugged in 1 Microsoft brand wireless controller into USB port on front (I know it's a wireless controller but this one is used and the rechargeable battery is completely dead and won't hold a charge.). Plugged in
    3 Microsoft brand wired controllers into USB ports on the back. Plugged in XBOX 360 and powered on. All 3 regular wired controllers show Player 1. Wireless controller that's plugged into a USB port shows as Player 2.

Thanks.
Thema:

1. I can not get a wireless OR a wired controller in port 2 on my xbox 360??? - Similar Threads - wireless wired controller

2. Wired versus Wireless Controllers/Headsets

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wired versus Wireless Controllers/Headsets: Personally I use wireless controllers with rechargeable batteries. Mainly for the cordless freedom. When it comes to the headset I use a wired connection. If I have to wear a headset odds are I'm...
  3. Can't Get my Wired Wireless X-Box 360 Controller To Work

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Get my Wired Wireless X-Box 360 Controller To Work: Maybe I'm misinformed, but I believe it's possible to use old X-Box 360 controllers for PC games now. I'm not sure if this is only limited to just X-Box One games on PC or if it can be used for...
  4. No sound on headset or mic for XO Three Gaming Headset Wired connected to a wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound on headset or mic for XO Three Gaming Headset Wired connected to a wireless controller: Purchased a new Ear Force XO Three Gaming Headset(Turtle Beach) and a wireless controller. Connected the headset to the wireless controller and attempted setup on X Box One Console. However, we...
  5. Wired and Wireless Controllers Disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired and Wireless Controllers Disconnecting: About 2 months ago, my wireless controller started to randomly disconnect while playing. It either disconnects and reconnects a few seconds later or the last inputs I did get stuck, like I run and...
  6. xb1 wireless controller (wired) on pc slow looking down

in XBoX on Consoles
    xb1 wireless controller (wired) on pc slow looking down: my brand new xbox one wireless controller (military green) which is wired to my windows 7 pc is looking down 90% slower than any other direction on rainbow 6 siege. I also have a 360 controller...
  7. Wireless Xbox One Controller (wired connection) will no longer be recognized on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One Controller (wired connection) will no longer be recognized on PC: i have been using a wireless xbox one controller (connected through USB cable to PC) on my PC for quite some time. While i was in a game, the controller suddenly 'shut-off' (the indication for...
  8. Slim XBox 360 Starts up, Ring Of green lights, but won't see a wired or wireless controller,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slim XBox 360 Starts up, Ring Of green lights, but won't see a wired or wireless controller,: Hi I have a Slim XBox 360 non HDMI. It s tarts up, you get a ring Of green lights, but it won't see a wired or wireless controller and all you have is a green centre light, no controller lights....
  9. I can't connect two wired and two wireless controllers at the same time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect two wired and two wireless controllers at the same time.: I can't connect two wired controllers at the same time. I can connect one wired and two wireless but when I put another wired one in it doesn't connect. Why is this?...
  10. Wired Xbox one controller tries to synch wirelessly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox one controller tries to synch wirelessly: I've been having a wireless connection problem with my controllers. They won't connect to the console unless they are positioned at no more than two centimeters right in front of the console or...