I can redeem MS cards online but not use my balance to make purchases?

Discus and support I can redeem MS cards online but not use my balance to make purchases? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I redeemed two MS cards and added $35 to my Xbox Live account. I verify it has been added to my account. Then I go download some DLC for $9.99. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DogFacedGod, Apr 15, 2014.

1. DogFacedGod
    DogFacedGod Guest

I redeemed two MS cards and added $35 to my Xbox Live account.

I verify it has been added to my account. Then I go download some DLC for $9.99. The only payment option is my CC. I figure it would adjust with my account balance during processing.

Nope! My CC has now been charged for the DLC.

Did I do something wrong is or this how the site was designed? Why can I add funds but not use them? I'm glad this was only a $9.99 dlc and not a full game. Is there any way to undo this and not have my card charged? Do I have to call Microsoft to get
    this fixed?

:)

DogFacedGod, Apr 15, 2014
  2. Therage79
    Therage79 Guest
    Purchasing on Xbox One

Random question, but I have some money left in my online balance...but only a few ££ so not enough to buy a full game etc.

Do I have to top this up first using MS points or gift cards, or can I spend the remaining balance and just pay the difference direct from a card?

Cheers?

Therage79, Apr 15, 2014
  3. AncientDog24
    AncientDog24 Guest
    Cannot use money in Microsoft promotional balance

For the last 3 months, I have been given a code to redeem and got some money in the account and it is due to expire on September. How can use that promotional balance to buy things? When I try to buy a game, it told me that the only payment I can make is
    to use my credit card and not that promotional balance.

AncientDog24, Apr 15, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

All marketplace purchases are final. You can try to call support for a refund.
    support.xbox.com/contactus I am curious though, did you make this purchase from xbox.com? If so the websote is not setup to allow for purchasing content with funds in your MS Account.

x24hrs2livex, Apr 15, 2014
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

All marketplace purchases are final. You can try to call support for a refund.
    support.xbox.com/contactus I am curious though, did you make this purchase from xbox.com? If so the websote is not setup to allow for purchasing content with funds in your MS Account.
  6. DistantSpore3 Win User

Why can't I use my MS account balance?!?

Yes, I was trying to make the purchase on the website. How am I supposed to know that I can't use my MS account balance on the website? Not everyone stalks the forums before making a purchase!

The website was more than happy to accept the prepaid code!

If I can't make purchases on the website with my MS account balance, it should

#1 - clearly state that I can't use MS account balance to pay for purchases via website

AND

#2 - it shouldn't accept the prepaid card code on the website!

Now how do I use the MS account balance?
  7. CHARIN 805 Win User

Beta

But when i redeemed a 1600 ms point card it transferred it to currency and when i check it says i have a balance of 0 ms points
  8. wi7bit Win User

Mixer Pro Purchasing

Just as an option that I have used before, you can pay for subs using MS credit from gift cards or rewards, but only on the console itself.

This is what I did:

• Redeem Microsoft Reward points for a MS or Xbox gift card
    • Go to the channel on on your console and hit the sub button
    • You are able to pay using your MS credit balance

Not sure if this works for pro subs, but I can't see why not. Can anyone confirm this?
  9. testdummycaleb Win User

Downloaded profile on beta dashboard. Now can't make purchases on my personal console due to beta.

I downloaded my beta profile to a friends console and added then redeemed microsoft points to my account. Then I tried to make purchase and it says my microsoft point balance is at zero as if the points were never added in the first place. I tried to redeem
    the card again and it says this card has already been used.
Thema:

1. I can redeem MS cards online but not use my balance to make purchases? - Similar Threads - redeem cards online

2. Redeemed an Xbox Live Gold gift card but my membership doesnt seem to have been updated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeemed an Xbox Live Gold gift card but my membership doesnt seem to have been updated: So basically, my Xbox Live membership soon ends and I wanted to extend it, so I proceeded to gift a card to myself (12 months long). I even redeemed it on my Xbox but my actual membership still...
  3. Xbox Gift Card Redeem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gift Card Redeem: I both one Xbox gift card and when I was redeeming it I got an error message indicating due to the fact that the gift card was not from my country it was not possible to redeem it. Afterwards I...
  4. I lost my free Xbox game cards which were to be redeemed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I lost my free Xbox game cards which were to be redeemed.: I had got a Xbox One S: All Digital Edition for my birthday. I also got three games and one free Xbox live gold 1-month subscription with it. I got the games in the form of 25 digit codes. I had...
  5. Vant redeem 800 Microsoft points card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Vant redeem 800 Microsoft points card: I want to redeem an old 800 microsoft points card. i know the system is changed, but its still money spent that microsoft recieved and the card or box that contained the card dont inform about...
  6. Xbox gift card not redeeming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gift card not redeeming: I bought 3 xbox gift cards at GameStop. 2 have been redeemed but 1 is still processing. It's been over 24 hours but my account balance still hasn't updated the correct amount. The order number is...
  7. False charging my card when I redeemed a code?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    False charging my card when I redeemed a code?: Hey, I just wanted to know why did my Xbox live subscription say I bought it by my debit card. Now that I ran out it won't let me cancel it even though I had a redeem 12-month prepaid card? Just...
  8. como canjear una tarjeta de usd en mexico [Mod Translated - how to redeem a usd card in mexico]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    como canjear una tarjeta de usd en mexico [Mod Translated - how to redeem a usd card in mexico]: lo que pasa es que mi hermano regreso antes que yo i me compro una tarjeta de prepago para comprar contenido de 50 usd mi pregunta es como la voy a canjear en mexico segun no puedo o si ? es que...
  9. Can't play online and just redeemed a xbox live gold gift card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play online and just redeemed a xbox live gold gift card: I'am from Mexico and purchased a Xbox Live gold gift card. I redeemed the code, no problem, downloaded one of the games with gold, no problem. Then, when i tried to play Overwatch the system says...
  10. i got a new $5 gift card online and i tried redeeming it but wont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    i got a new $5 gift card online and i tried redeeming it but wont work: i earned $5 agift card online and i got it in my email it says redeem it and i tried too but i went on micorsoft page and said try again later 4360d521-6daf-48a7-80f9-f218fe7cd890