I cannot connect my elite series 2 xbox controller to the xbox accessories app in windows 10

Discus and support I cannot connect my elite series 2 xbox controller to the xbox accessories app in windows 10 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The xbox accessories app (that manages the settings for the elite series 2 controller) will not recognize the controller. I get the following message.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Geoff Eggins, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Geoff Eggins
    Geoff Eggins Guest

I cannot connect my elite series 2 xbox controller to the xbox accessories app in windows 10

The xbox accessories app (that manages the settings for the elite series 2 controller) will not recognize the controller. I get the following message.
    When I plug the controller in by usbc/usb cable, games and apps will recognize the controller and allow its use, but I would like to be able to remap keys and settings (it is why I bought this particular controller), but the xbox accessories app does not recognize it.
    The xbox app that allows cloud gaming will also not recognize the controller when in bluetooth mode.

I have rung xbox support who was unable to help me after following all their steps (updating controller firmware, windows update, driver update, etc.) Others on reddit seem to be having a similar issue. Please help.

I cannot connect my elite series 2 xbox controller to the xbox accessories app in windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Geoff Eggins, Nov 21, 2021
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Are Xbox Wireless Controller user remap profiles supported when connecting to Windows 10 PC via bluetooth? Works fine when USB

Hi

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer that.

Customizing user profiles on a Windows 10 PC is not supported via Bluetooth. Any Bluetooth capable Xbox One controllers will need to be plugged in via USB-C or through the Xbox Wireless Adapter if you want to customize and use custom profiles. The Xbox Accessories
    app will not detect your controller over Bluetooth connection.

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Things to keep in mind:

• The Xbox Accessories app is only available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
    • To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless
      Controller Series 2 and plug the other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC

I hope this helps!
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app

• To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes.

See how to get updates
    • The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and plug the
      other end into your PC. For more info, see
      How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Cannot configure xbox elite series 2 in Accessories app

Hi a.rogausch,

Thanks for keeping us updated with your replies. If I'm understanding what is happening correctly, when you attempt to begin customizing your Elite controller series 2 using your Windows 10 PC & the Xbox Accessories app, you receive a gray box that
    doesn't allow you to continue. Is this correct?

To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, please make sure that the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) is installed and make sure your PC has the latest fixes. This includes any updates to the apps as well.

Update Windows 10

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store << to troubleshoot the Accessories app

This support article may also help you out: Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 .

Please give the troubleshooting solutions a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out a bit more!
  5. s33r Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

The original XBox Elite controller requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so without that adapter it will not be recognized properly by Windows. The newer, Elite Series 2 can connect to a Windows 10 PC without the need of an adapter.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller issue, anyone else having this problem?

Thema:

1. I cannot connect my elite series 2 xbox controller to the xbox accessories app in windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot connect elite

2. cannot connect xbox directly to pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot connect xbox directly to pc: need help, i do not want to stream my xbox, i want to connect it via hdmi 413a4458-179d-41be-926e-b43818c285c2
  3. Cannot connect to Vanguard Online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to Vanguard Online: I have no issues signing into Xbox Live store, I am hardwired, I am 100% online. But when I try to play Vanguard it keeps telling me it cannot connect. I have opened all ports on my router that...
  4. Cannot connect to multiplayer worlds on Astroneer or Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to multiplayer worlds on Astroneer or Minecraft: When I try and join or have someone join my world in Minecraft or Astroneer, it says could not connect to server or session not found respectively. Java edition works fine, and I can connect to...
  5. Cannot connect to world error message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to world error message: I play minecraft on a PC my wife plays on xbox series s. I can join her worlds from my PC but she cannot join my worlds from the xbox. Both have xbox live accounts and Ive checked all the...
  6. Cannot get two player connection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get two player connection: Hi there, First off I am not tech savvy but bought an Xbox for my kids and I cannot get any two player games to work. I go to the game, then go to profile add or switch, add guest and I just...
  7. My Switch cannot connect to my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Switch cannot connect to my account: I have logged in multiple times with multiple accounts and none of them will connect. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times and I have restarted the game more then I can...
  8. My Elite controller 2 cannot connect via Bluetooth after connecting USB on my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    My Elite controller 2 cannot connect via Bluetooth after connecting USB on my PC: My Elite controller 2 cannot connect via Bluetooth after connecting USB on my PC. Unless I removed the device and re-search the Bluetooth device. And after that all the setting of my controller...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller Cannot Connect to Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Cannot Connect to Headset: My headset stopped connecting to my Xbox Elite controllers (I have two). That is, no sound comes through my headset, nor does the mic work. If I plug the headset into any of my other controllers,...
  10. Xbox 360 Elite with Wirless N Adapter (Black) - Cannot connect to 802.11n

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Elite with Wirless N Adapter (Black) - Cannot connect to 802.11n: Hi There I have an Xbox 360 Elite (with the latest dashboard) and am using it with the Wireless N Adapter (Black one) . however I cannot connect to my Wi-fi when the router mode is set to 802.11n...