I cannot connect my xbox 360 controllers to my pc

Discus and support I cannot connect my xbox 360 controllers to my pc in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a 2 in 1 charge and play while charging power lead but I cannot get my pc to recognise that the controllers are connected. I have followed all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by mumfrench, Jan 17, 2019.

1. mumfrench
    mumfrench Guest

I have a 2 in 1 charge and play while charging power lead but I cannot get my pc to recognise that the controllers are connected. I have followed all the steps on the microsoft and xbox websites, it either takes me to the product page for purchasing a
    new controller or I have downloaded a accessories software download. I have chatted with expert xbox gamers through xbox contact page and installed drivers, restarted, re-inserted usb plug, everything. All my sons want to do is play gang beasts together,
    using the controllers (as we discovered after buying the game that you cannot play 2 player on a keyboard as they had been doing on a free trial version) they have used their christmas gift money to buy the game and a lead to connect the controllers and I
    cannot get them to work! aargghh! #firstworldproblems I know, but if anyone can help, it would be much appreciated. thank you so much

:)

mumfrench, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Omega Chefe Win User

Make sure that your PC has WIFI and Bluetooth connectivity in case you plan to use a Xbox One controller.

I use a Xbox 360 on my pc through the Wireless adapter like my colleague StuartATrueRed showed.
  3. zmaster2XXX Win User

As mentioned you'll need the gaming receiver - but you could also use the wired controller with no receiver.
  4. DAZZA 433 Win User

you have to use a usb wireless gaming adapter, 360 wireless controls cannot be used with a play and charge kit on pc
  5. whiteandshiny Win User

I thought you needed a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for PC I didn't think you could do this with a play and charge kit but I could be wrong

6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello French,

Thanks for coming to the forums. You can try the link to
    connect controller to PC
    . Also make sure your PC is fully up to date operating system and everything.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. I cannot connect my xbox 360 controllers to my pc - Similar Threads - cannot connect 360

2. Cannot connect to XBOX Live in XBOX 360 Dashboard Backward Compatible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to XBOX Live in XBOX 360 Dashboard Backward Compatible: I am unable to connect to Xbox Live while playing Backward Compatible Xbox 360 games. My internet is fine and NAT type is open but i still get a 80151901 Error code when i try to connect via the...
  3. TP-Link TL-WR1043ND: Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet

in XboX Networking Hardware
    TP-Link TL-WR1043ND: Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet: TP-Link (Routers) TL-WR1043ND: Cannot connect my xbox 360 to the internet Hi Kevin, Thanks for reaching out to us. It appears you have done some major troubleshooting but are still getting a DNS...
  4. Cannot connect to the xbox live with using xbox one playing 360 game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the xbox live with using xbox one playing 360 game.: Hi, I have some problem with saving xbox 360 game on xbox one. System told me I need to sign in xbox live before the game start, but it only shows download profile. When I try to download the...
  5. SmartRG SmartRG SR350N: Cannot get xbox 360 to connect wired or wireless after all sreps taken

SmartRG SmartRG SR350N: Cannot get xbox 360 to connect wired or wireless after all sreps taken: SmartRG (Modems/Gateways) SmartRG SR350N: Cannot get xbox 360 to connect wired or wireless after all sreps taken If you suddenly lost the ability to connect wired and wireless the console may have...
  6. Comcast: Xbox 360 cannot connect to any of my apps says not signed in

Comcast: Xbox 360 cannot connect to any of my apps says not signed in: Comcast (ISPs): Xbox 360 cannot connect to any of my apps says not signed in try removing the account from the console, clear the console cache, and then re-adding the account...
  7. Comcast: My XBox 360 cannot connect to the internet

Comcast: My XBox 360 cannot connect to the internet: Comcast (ISPs): My XBox 360 cannot connect to the internet It might be best to Contact Official Support here if you have tried all online methods. 55be732d-6944-4701-9736-a19de7eeb8e3
  8. Cannot install update or connect to Xbox live on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot install update or connect to Xbox live on Xbox 360: I cannot get my son's Xbox 360 to connect to Xbox Live and will not do a system update. It does connect to the internet during a the test but will not go further to connect to Live. I have tried...
  9. XBox 360, no connection to Live, cannot update, cannot factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360, no connection to Live, cannot update, cannot factory reset: I have an XBox 360 with a current Live account. It will not connect to our internet and keeps prompting an Update that cannot download. We have tried to factory reset and it does nothing. We...
  10. Cannot connect backwards compatible 360 game to xbox live?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect backwards compatible 360 game to xbox live?: Hi I wanted to relive the glory days, so I picked up call of duty: Modern Warfare 3 used today for the 360. Seeing as it is backwards compatable now, I thought I was going to be able to play...