I cannot control the dashboard anymore.

Discus and support I cannot control the dashboard anymore. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I cannot control my dashboard on xbox. If I flick the trigger down, it goes directly up, side ways the same etc. I cannot send messages with start,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Semownz9543, May 12, 2019.

1. Semownz9543
    Semownz9543 Guest

I cannot control my dashboard on xbox. If I flick the trigger down, it goes directly up, side ways the same etc. I cannot send messages with start, cannot backspace with Y etc. It is not registering when I want t open a game, I almost have to smash my controller
    to be able.to open the game.

I tried different controllers and in game it is all good. So the issue is really on the xbox it self. How is this even possible?...

Already turned off Fluid movement in settings. (Took me over an hour because it is uncontrolable.)

:)

Semownz9543, May 12, 2019
  2. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Semownz,

Thank you for reaching out. We understand you are having a hard time navigating through the dashboard but have no problems once you are inside a game. As this could be a firmware issue, we strongly recommend you try a

factory reset
    while keeping your games and apps. Since getting to the reset menu might be a hassle, you can try manually resetting by doing as follows:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button and the EJECT button, and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
      Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
      EJECT
      button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the
      BIND button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button .
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

From here simply select "reset this Xbox" and you will be presented with both reset options. Let us know if this helps! :D
  3. Semownz9543 Win User

Also tried hard reset, also didn't work.
  4. Hilly VI Win User

The dashboard just seems super laggy to me. I will press right 6 hrs later it eventually goes right. Its very hit and miss some days are better tham others.
  5. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

I will admit, after the last update the Dashboard has been wonky.
  6. Andre' Arnett-Braun Win User

Also tried hard reset, also didn't work.
    Hello, Semownz9543!

I'm sorry that you're experiencing issues with your console.

Did you also unplug all of the cords when performing the hard reset?
Thema:

1. I cannot control the dashboard anymore. - Similar Threads - cannot control dashboard

2. Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox controller: Hi. I need help. I use an XBOX wireless controller on win 10, and i would like to turn off vibration. My problem is: after turning off the vibration in xbox accessories, my controller cannot...
  3. Cannot reconnect xbox controller to Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot reconnect xbox controller to Windows 10 PC: I have a Bluetooth Xbox controller paired to my laptop, but I can't get the controller to connect. When I turn on the controller, the light flashes but it does not connect. I can't find any option...
  4. Xbox one controller cannot detect by bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller cannot detect by bluetooth: My controller has the Bluetooth button but it cannot detect by notebook and mobile either. So is that the controller bluetooth mode is broken? 3cb7a6d1-e06f-4351-acb6-cbdbdfb706e0
  5. Cannot hear when headset or any earbuds are plugged into controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear when headset or any earbuds are plugged into controller: My son cannot hear any sounds when he plugs his headset or earbuds into his xbox one controller. Any suggestions to resolve this? c5d6fe50-d12c-48fb-b130-0f7be2c6f4bd
  6. Why Xbox Elite Controller cannot set stick’s deadzone in Xbox Accessories?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Xbox Elite Controller cannot set stick’s deadzone in Xbox Accessories?: I just got a new Xbox Elite Controller, and I’m trying to set this one for me. But, all of stick settings in Xbox Accessories App are very limited for weak tilt. I need to make my controller...
  7. Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk: Hello, Within the last week, I ran into an issue where I could hear both game and party chat, but cannot talk. I use a wired Turtle Beach headset (Recon 50x??) The controller itself was purchased...
  8. I cannot connect my xbox 360 controllers to my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot connect my xbox 360 controllers to my pc: I have a 2 in 1 charge and play while charging power lead but I cannot get my pc to recognise that the controllers are connected. I have followed all the steps on the microsoft and xbox websites,...
  9. xbox 1 rig headset cannot get it to connect to my new controller no sound no mic

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 1 rig headset cannot get it to connect to my new controller no sound no mic: Tried new headset. Seems xbox won't recogonize it. Tried putting in my old headset which I had sound on but no mic, now no sound no mic for the other controller. Help...
  10. I cannot regain control of my Xbox 1 account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot regain control of my Xbox 1 account: hi everyone, I have been having issues with my Xbox 1. It has been coming up with ‘clear saved data & reset console’ and wouldn’t let me play any of my games until I done this. So I did this and...