I cannot hear xbox game sound on my earbuds

Discus and support I cannot hear xbox game sound on my earbuds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When i plugged in my headphones i can only hear this weird static noise when i looked at my audio settings my chat mixer was maxed out on the xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeaDrip, Sep 3, 2020.

1. SeaDrip
    SeaDrip Guest

When i plugged in my headphones i can only hear this weird static noise when i looked at my audio settings my chat mixer was maxed out on the xbox party side and not the game side the bar is all white as well i cannot select the bar please help ihave tried
    to play sound through games and apps nothing has happened

:)

SeaDrip, Sep 3, 2020
  2. His Demon Queen Win User

Ear Buds for Xbox

Any earbuds should work with an Xbox One controller. The quality might not be the best. I have a pair of Skullcandy earbuds that I've had for a few years that still work and sound great.
  3. CJAW86 Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Mic Not Working for Party Chat

Any joy lads?

I bought the Xbox adapter.

Applied the update.

I can hear game sounds. But I cannot hear my friends talk.

They can hear me.

Which makes it more annoying.
  4. Rusbr Masas Win User

Xbox 360 and Digital Optical Audio

Hi,

I'll address each of your points in turn:

Q) You were able to hear system sounds before you included the sound bar.

A) Correct

Q) You cannot hear system sounds with the sound bar included in your set-up.

A) Under certain conditions, correct. These are the conditions:

- When the Sound Bar is connected directly to the Xbox 360 via digital optical, I cannot hear system sounds when using Digital Stereo

- When the Sound Bar connects to my TV via HDMI, and my TV outputs audio to the Sound Bar via digital optical, I cannot hear system sounds, regardless of Xbox's output format. This is because my HDTV outputs only linear PCM when the audio source is HDMI

Q) You are now unable to hear system sounds even directly connected to your TV

A) Correct -- see above for further details

Q) Are you able to hear other sounds in games or movies?

A) Yes -- I watched an AVI movie on my Xbox 360 when using digital optical through my TV, and I didn't notice any issues with the audio.

Q) Is there any configuration of your set-up that allows you to hear the system sounds?

A) There are two situations where I can hear the system sounds:

- When the Xbox 360 connects directly to the Sound Bar, the the output audio format is Dolby Digital

- When the Xbox 360 connects to my HDTV, and then the HDTV outputs analog audio to the Sound Bar
  5. Ookttah Win User

Mic on new controllers with 3.5mm built in Audio port

Interestingly, I can hear audio from the xbox through my earbuds, the controllers just don't seem to be sending the microphone audio to the xbox. I was under the impression that the 3.5mm port on the new controllers had both audio and mic capabilities, am
    I wrong?

I know that the microphone is sending sound to the controller and I know it's getting sent to the correct pins on the 3.5mm port...
  6. LelaRc Win User

Headset

I recommend and use the Hyperx Cloud Revolver S Headset and HyperX Cloud Earbuds, both are great, the earbuds then have sensational comfort, light weight and a very top sound, especially for PvP.
Thema:

1. I cannot hear xbox game sound on my earbuds - Similar Threads - cannot hear game

2. Cannot hear game audio but can hear party?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear game audio but can hear party?: I'm gonna keep this short and simple. I've been using my earbuds for about a month now and had no problems, but today when I got on my Xbox 1, I try playing some games with my friend. I can hear...
  3. Cannot hear in-game chat in any game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear in-game chat in any game: Party chat works fine for me. I can party up with friends and the in-party chat works just as it should. However, if I switch to game chat with the people in the party, we cannot hear one another...
  4. Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds: Cannot hear other players in chat, only hear the game sounds Same, this is really annoying 9a5c7db2-d4e2-466c-b670-c027dc551327
  5. Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller Issue - Can hear in Game and Party chat, but cannot talk: Hello, Within the last week, I ran into an issue where I could hear both game and party chat, but cannot talk. I use a wired Turtle Beach headset (Recon 50x??) The controller itself was purchased...
  6. Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot hear in game voice chat on any Black Ops games.: Hi all, so I've been dealing with this issue for about the last year and have only recently decided now that BO2 is backwards compatible with Xbox One to really truly tackle trying to solve it, so...
  7. Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Problem- Can hear party chat and in-game chat, cannot hear game/menu navigation audio: I can hear party chat and in-game chat in my headset, but I cannot hear audio. I have an xbox headset that came with my xbox one (purchased in 2015) as well as a butfulake gaming headset and the...
  8. Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot hear chat and game play when using Xbox One with a gaming monitor: My son got an Asus VS248HR gaming monitor for Christmas to use with his Xbox One S, but we've been unable to set it up so that he can hear both game sound and chat via his headset. His headset is...
  9. XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Mics not working. I hear audio, games recognize them, but people cannot hear me... please ...: So... I know this has been discussed before, but I have not seen recent posts on the topic. Anyways, I have two xbox one headsets, the factory one and then a turtle beach I bought. In both cases,...
  10. Headset via Adapter: In game Chat & Audio can be heard fine. But I cannot hear party chat, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset via Adapter: In game Chat & Audio can be heard fine. But I cannot hear party chat, ...: All in the question really. Set up is simple, Xbox ONE controller > Stereo Adapter > 3.5mm Splitter > Headset with separate Mic/Audio cables. When playing a game I can hear the game's audio and...