I cannot install games/apps in teh Microsoft/Xbox store

Discus and support I cannot install games/apps in teh Microsoft/Xbox store in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Every time I try to install a game or app from the Xbox store, I get a message that says: "Try again later. Something happened on our end." This... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Chrizzle00, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Chrizzle00
    Chrizzle00 Guest

Every time I try to install a game or app from the Xbox store, I get a message that says:

"Try again later. Something happened on our end."

This happens for all apps and games. The following methods and a few others:

Method 1: Try running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Method 2: Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Note: It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

Method 3: Reset Store Cache.

a) Press the “Win Logo” + “R”

b) Type: WSReset.exe and press “Enter”.

c) Restart the computer and check.

Also, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app again.

I've also tried several other suggestions such as uninstalling/reinstalling the Microsoft store and Xbox.

:)

Chrizzle00, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Can’t re-download app

I recently deleted an app from my Xbox one because it was not working. When I go to the Microsoft store it says I already own the app but I cannot download it. I checked under my games and apps for ready to install and nothing is there either.

RustyNailz314, Nov 24, 2018
  3. LukasLewandowski, Nov 24, 2018
  4. braveheatz
    braveheatz Guest

I would do a hard reset on your console

braveheatz, Nov 24, 2018
  5. Chrizzle00
    Chrizzle00 Guest
    I should clarify, this is on my Desktop PC. Not sure if I should have posted this elsewhere...

Chrizzle00, Nov 25, 2018
  6. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest
    Hey Chrizzle,

Thank you for reaching out, we'll try our best to have you gaming on your PC asap! I see you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting already, which really helps. Besides the message "Try again later. Something happened on our end" are you getting some sort
    of error code along with it? Also, we want to make sure there isn't a connection issue with our store so make sure all services are up and running when you test it. Hope to hear back from you soon! I cannot install games/apps in teh Microsoft/Xbox store :)

XBF Lance J, Nov 25, 2018
  7. Chrizzle00
    Chrizzle00 Guest
    Hi, Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, I don't see any kind of error code unless there's some way to display it:

I cannot install games/apps in teh Microsoft/Xbox store [​IMG]

Here is what the Network Status is showing me. I had done some troubleshooting on the Xbox multiplayer issues just in case that had something to do with my issue. I was, at one point, able to get the NAT type status up and running, but that didn't help
    my original issue.

Chrizzle00, Nov 25, 2018
  8. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest

Hey Chrizzle,

Thanks for the fast reply. Let's try to get rid of that Teredo result before going forward (we want everything in tip top shape to eliminate all factors). If you can, you can try looking up the IP Helper corresponding to your PC. I found an excerpt that
    is pretty general, but you might have to dig a bit to find a more specific

For Teredo to function normally, the IP Helper service needs to be set to start automatically and running. To check:

1. Enter Services in the search field on your toolbar (Cortana).
    2. Select Services from the search results.
    3. Check the Startup Type for the following service to make sure it’s set to the default value:
      IP Helper, Startup Type: Automatic

If the service has been altered from its default startup type, you can revert it back to the default value:

1. In the Services application, double-click on IP Helper.
    2. In the Properties window, select Automatic from the
      Startup type
      drop-down list.
    3. Under Service status, click the Start button.
    4. Click on OK to save the changes.
    Let us know the results! I cannot install games/apps in teh Microsoft/Xbox store :)

XBF Lance J, Nov 25, 2018
  9. Chrizzle00
    Chrizzle00 Guest
    Hi,

The startup type looks to be set up as Automatic. Does this look okay?

Chrizzle00, Nov 25, 2018
  10. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest
    Hey Chrizzle,

Thanks for the quick response. That actually looks good, so it has to be something else. We do have a

Windows 10 Teredo article
    you might want to check out. Start from solution 2 as the first one is pretty redundant at this point. Hope this helps, I really want to get you up and running asap.

XBF Lance J, Nov 26, 2018
  11. Chrizzle00
    Chrizzle00 Guest
    I retried several solutions, restarted my PC and now I'm able to get connected to the server.

Unfortunately, I am still unable to download/install my purchased game. I cannot install games/apps in teh Microsoft/Xbox store :(

Chrizzle00, Nov 6, 2018
  12. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Chrizzle,

Thanks for the fast reply. Let's try to get rid of that Teredo result before going forward (we want everything in tip top shape to eliminate all factors). If you can, you can try looking up the IP Helper corresponding to your PC. I found an excerpt that
    is pretty general, but you might have to dig a bit to find a more specific

For Teredo to function normally, the IP Helper service needs to be set to start automatically and running. To check:

1. Enter Services in the search field on your toolbar (Cortana).
    2. Select Services from the search results.
    3. Check the Startup Type for the following service to make sure it’s set to the default value:
      IP Helper, Startup Type: Automatic

If the service has been altered from its default startup type, you can revert it back to the default value:

1. In the Services application, double-click on IP Helper.
    2. In the Properties window, select Automatic from the
      Startup type
      drop-down list.
    3. Under Service status, click the Start button.
    4. Click on OK to save the changes.
    Let us know the results! :)
  13. Chrizzle00 Win User

I should clarify, this is on my Desktop PC. Not sure if I should have posted this elsewhere...
  14. Chrizzle00 Win User

Hi,

The startup type looks to be set up as Automatic. Does this look okay?

[​IMG]
  15. Chrizzle00 Win User

Hi, Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, I don't see any kind of error code unless there's some way to display it:

[​IMG]

Here is what the Network Status is showing me. I had done some troubleshooting on the Xbox multiplayer issues just in case that had something to do with my issue. I was, at one point, able to get the NAT type status up and running, but that didn't help
    my original issue.

[​IMG]
  16. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Chrizzle,

Thank you for reaching out, we'll try our best to have you gaming on your PC asap! I see you have done quite a bit of troubleshooting already, which really helps. Besides the message "Try again later. Something happened on our end" are you getting some sort
    of error code along with it? Also, we want to make sure there isn't a connection issue with our store so make sure all services are up and running when you test it. Hope to hear back from you soon! :)
Thema:

1. I cannot install games/apps in teh Microsoft/Xbox store - Similar Threads - cannot install games

2. I cannot install any game that needs aniministrator approval.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install any game that needs aniministrator approval.: I've already using Aniministrator account and started xbox (beta) with the administrator mode.However,every game that needs aniministrator approval just gives me the same message 0x80070005....
  3. Cannot run, delete or install games on xbox(beta).

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot run, delete or install games on xbox(beta).: I've bought xbox game pass for pc then downloaded xbox(beta). Everything went ok at first, but one day when I tried to start a game, it didn't work. No prompts and no windows. I checked the...
  4. The game Ark cannot be removed, installed, or re-installed

in XBoX on Windows
    The game Ark cannot be removed, installed, or re-installed: Hello, A few weeks back, my boot drive for Windows 10 corrupted and I had to replace it and re-install Windows 10 on a new SSD. My setup is as follows: Windows 10 C: drive (boot drive) 9Tb...
  5. Error Cannot Install Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Cannot Install Games: Hello Just brought Two Games Tried installing one only to get an error message saying it was taking too long. It wasn't installing at all and just was sitting at 0% Tried another game it was the...
  6. Child account cannot access game add-ons installed by parent on Xbox One X console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child account cannot access game add-ons installed by parent on Xbox One X console: Hi, I am having issues with my daughter’s family child Microsoft account. I just purchased 2 add-on packs for the game Minecraft that is already installed on our Xbox One X console. The add-on...
  7. Dlc content installed but cannot be found in the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dlc content installed but cannot be found in the game: I have recently purchased the dlc content for wwe2k18 nxt generation pack, installed it but when i go into the game itself it is not under downloaded items what can I do please....
  8. Purchased game cannot be found in 'ready to install'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased game cannot be found in 'ready to install': I bought GTA San Andreas and installed it. It gave me the "Do you own this game or app" message multiple times before I restarted the console. It still didn't work so I uninstalled the game to...
  9. Cannot install games onto xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot install games onto xbox: i cannot play any of my new games, the installation keeps failing. I try to access the wifi via xbox but it won't let me.. despite wifi working on my other devices. Can anyone help me? thanks...
  10. Xbox One cannot download any app/game from the store, install button doesn't work at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One cannot download any app/game from the store, install button doesn't work at all.: Wagwan people, My Xbox One is having a funny problem with downloading any game or app on the Microsoft Store. Every single time I try to download something from the store, the "install" button...