I cannot install Minecraft that I just purchased. Error Code: 0x80242020

Discus and support I cannot install Minecraft that I just purchased. Error Code: 0x80242020 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; It just will not install. I tried restarting PC, all the apps. Nothing works. [img] d8fc0403-4e90-4005-b663-99136db119d8 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CanerCuhac, May 24, 2022.

1. CanerCuhac
    CanerCuhac Guest

It just will not install. I tried restarting PC, all the apps. Nothing works.

I cannot install Minecraft that I just purchased. Error Code: 0x80242020 [​IMG]

:)

CanerCuhac, May 24, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi CanerCuhac! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please try this

The solution is to ensure the default 'Xbox PC app storage location' is the same as the regular App storage location.

Windows 10 --> Windows-Key --> System --> Storage --> Change where new content is stored --> change "New apps be save to" the drive that you want.

Xbox App (PC) --> Your Xbox Gamer Icon (near top right) --> Settings --> General --> Change where this app installs games by default.

As mentioned here

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/...
  3. Modlio Win User

Issues downloading certain games, at a dead end?

I have the same problem. When trying to download Sea of Thieves for the PC, I either get the error code 0x80242020, or it just allocates disc space indefinitely. Would appreciate some help..
  4. Georges C. Win User

Problem when installing Minecraft with error code 0x80242020.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello PaiMei, before you try the solution below. have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2, because recently came out the latest update to Windows 10.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

How To Update To Windows 10 21H2, November 2021 Update

https://bt4p.com/how-to-update-to-windows-10-21...

NOTE: This is a third party link that is not Microsoft's property, so you might encounter advertising on the website.

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store and unistall the Minecraft Launcher and perform the download on Microsoft Store.

The solution is to ensure the default 'Xbox PC app storage location' is the same as the regular App storage location.

Windows 10 --> Windows-Key --> System --> Storage --> Change where new content is stored --> change "New apps be save to" the drive that you want.

Xbox App (PC) --> Your Xbox Gamer Icon (near top right) --> Settings --> General --> Change where this app installs games by default.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Error Code 0x80242020

Hi there KBragunier welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  6. Mohit Naidu Win User

Cant install Minecraft Dungeons on Microsoft Store

The Hero - Edition of Minecraft dungeons isn't installing on my Microsoft store

when I install Hero - Edition it gives this error code: 0x803FB107

when I install Minecraft dungeons itself it gives this error code: 0x80073CF3

Microsoft please help me get Minecraft dungeons and please do the following verification.
Thema:

1. I cannot install Minecraft that I just purchased. Error Code: 0x80242020 - Similar Threads - cannot install Minecraft

2. Cannot install any game from the Xbox App

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot install any game from the Xbox App: Dear all, This problem has been going on for over a month since I got my Game Pass, I have contacted multiple (around 5) support agents about this and the problem still persists and I cannot seem...
  3. Cannot install any game from the Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install any game from the Xbox App: Dear Support Community, This problem has been going on for over a month since I got my Game Pass, I have contacted multiple (around 5) support agents about this and the problem still persists and...
  4. Minecraft cannot be installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft cannot be installed: I tried to install Minecraft, but I get a message saying "There was a problem on the server side" and I can't install it. What should I do now **モデレーター注** この質問は 日本語のフォーラ...
  5. Cannot install Minecraft purchased for Xbox which is also available for Win 10 PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Minecraft purchased for Xbox which is also available for Win 10 PC: I have purchased Minecraft on Xbox. I would like to install it on my Win 10 PC too. When I go to The Minecraft page and click "Install on my devices". It does not list my Win 10 PC as a device to...
  6. I bought a disc for Minecraft XBox One Edition but cannot install it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a disc for Minecraft XBox One Edition but cannot install it: Hi guys. I have an old XBox 360 edition of Minecraft and I really want to import my old world to Bedrock on XBox One. I read that it can be done by using the XBox One Edition as a stepping stone,...
  7. cannot install newly purchased minecraft for PC on mircrosoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    cannot install newly purchased minecraft for PC on mircrosoft store: I just purchased Minecraft for my PC. The item is in my order history and when I click on the game, it shows that I own this game. However, when I click install on my devices, it only gives me an...
  8. Minecraft cannot install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft cannot install: I have been attempting to install Minecraft onto my xbox one x and it keeps coming up with error code 0x80D03801. I don't know how to fix this can I have some help...
  9. Bought Minecraft, cannot install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Minecraft, cannot install: Hi, I bought Minecraft from the Microsoft Store. When I try to install (logged in Windows 10 under the same username), the pc returns error "you have no suitable device to install to". I am...
  10. Downloaded Minecraft , Uninstalled for storage reasons , now cannot install . It says I have ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloaded Minecraft , Uninstalled for storage reasons , now cannot install . It says I have ...: So last year I downloaded Minecraft , After a while I ran out of storage , So I uninstalled it. Now I would like to install it but I cannot as it says '' Buy'' instead of ''download''. Please...