I cannot play World of Warships from physical disc after cancelling Xbox Live Gold subscription

Discus and support I cannot play World of Warships from physical disc after cancelling Xbox Live Gold subscription in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cancelled Xbox Live Gold subscription six months ago. I recently purchased a disc game and tried to play but when I launched the game I got the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mefisto2503, Nov 2, 2020.

1. mefisto2503
    mefisto2503 Guest

I cannot play World of Warships from physical disc after cancelling Xbox Live Gold subscription

I cancelled Xbox Live Gold subscription six months ago. I recently purchased a disc game and tried to play but when I launched the game I got the message to purchase either Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass.

1) I reinstalled the game but it didn't work. Same issue.

2) I reset the entire xbox removing everything and installed the game from the disc with new account. Still doesn't work and asks for purchasing subscritpion.

Any ideas how to resolve it?

:)

mefisto2503, Nov 2, 2020
  2. mefisto2503 Win User

Let me clarify your answer. So I need to purchase Gold in order to play the game online? That's fine. But I purchased game on a disc and I want to play it in whatever mode, for which I paid for, I believe. What I need to do in this case? Do I need to reconfigure
    game settings to avoid pointing me out into online mode then?

I have read about similar issues people had after cancelling subscriptions and purchasing games on the discs. I thought this might have been the known xbox issue already?
  3. [Farscape] Win User

as this game needs to access the servers to be able to play that means you have to pay Microsoft to gain access through their paywall.

disc or digital, as the game is online active only their is no way around it.

other games on disc that support single play and multiplayer can usually be played offline but you would need to set the console as offline under network settings.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Since the game is an online game, it required Gold in order to play it. Gold is required to play online.
  5. Smwutches Win User

There is no way to change the settings of the game to point to an offline mode. The developers would have had to add a single player mode without online elements in order to be able to play it without Gold.

I know what you're referring to with the other issue, but that wouldn't be the case for this game. Any game that is online only would require Gold whether you own it on disc or not.
  6. medium bloke Win User

Please help with the removal of the account.

Unfortunately, you cannot delete an account completely. You can just stop using it, but it won't be deleted. From the looks of it, you're not an Xbox LIVE Gold Member, so you won't need to cancel a subscription, but if you need to cancel a subscription to
    another account, you can visit this link:
    support.xbox.com/.../cancel-xbox-live-gold-subscription
Thema:

1. I cannot play World of Warships from physical disc after cancelling Xbox Live Gold subscription - Similar Threads - cannot play World

2. Teredo tunneling adapter is missing and i cannot play forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Teredo tunneling adapter is missing and i cannot play forza horizon 4: I have problems with this and when i do teredo show state it goes like Type : enterpriseclient (Group Policy) Server Name : win1910.ipv6.microsoft.com. Client Refresh Interval : 20 seconds Client...
  3. You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your account is set up

in XBoX on Consoles
    You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your account is set up: I got this notification while trying to join a game on my Xbox one last gen, "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your account is set up". I tried on 2 different accounts with the...
  4. Why is MSFS 2020 so disappointing. I cannot play off line. When I attempt to do so I am...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is MSFS 2020 so disappointing. I cannot play off line. When I attempt to do so I am...: The only good thing about MSFS 2020 is the Graphics (Scenery). I feel that the game was rushed at the end and not properly thought through. And as always with MS products the Help is pretty much...
  5. I cannot play online with any of my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play online with any of my games: I cannot play any of my games online. I have already reset my modem and router (all my other devices can connect and use the internet.) I unplugged the Xbox X series for a day, reset the router...
  6. SOLVED: Cannot play multiplater on Xbox despite everything being set to "Allow" and so on.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SOLVED: Cannot play multiplater on Xbox despite everything being set to "Allow" and so on.: So I've been trying to play Minecraft Bedrock Edition with some friends online; however, when I try to join realms I get the error message "You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your...
  7. I cannot play minecraft server with my microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot play minecraft server with my microsoft account: I cannot play minecraft server on java edition with my microsoft account when i try join like a minecraft server on java edition it said switch to Mojang mode to play with your original account ....
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 "Cannot join world, currently playing on another device" error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 "Cannot join world, currently playing on another device" error: When I try to log into a server on minecraft windows 10 edition, I get the following message: "Cannot join world. The account you are signed in to is currently playing in this world on a different...
  9. Minecraft- Cannot join world the account you are signed in to is currently playing in this...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft- Cannot join world the account you are signed in to is currently playing in this...: Trying to play Minecraft LAN with my girlfriend. She was playing on the Switch. We signed out of that, then signed into it on the PC. Was working fine, but we attempted to sign back in on the...
  10. Cannot play Zumba World Party on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot play Zumba World Party on Xbox One: I couldn't get beyond the "Hover over" screen, and I did try several minutes to wave and make lots of random movements with my hands to see if I could get it started. I thought it was just a...