I cannot purchase XBox 360 games anymore, whether via my XBox One console nor the Xbox...

Discus and support I cannot purchase XBox 360 games anymore, whether via my XBox One console nor the Xbox... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I'm encountering an issue for couple of weeks now, I cannot purchase the free Xbox 360 games included with my Gold subscription. This has been... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Don Chichon, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Don Chichon
    Don Chichon Guest

I cannot purchase XBox 360 games anymore, whether via my XBox One console nor the Xbox...

Hello,

I'm encountering an issue for couple of weeks now, I cannot purchase the free Xbox 360 games included with my Gold subscription. This has been working perfectly for years, until this month.

I tried via my Xbox One console, where I get the confirmation pop-up window indicating that it's free, and nothing happens when I press the "Continue" button.

When I try via the Xbox marketplace website, I also get the confirmation pop-up, and when I click "Continue" I get an endless spinning wheel. I tried leaving it for hours but nothing happens.

I have a payment method associated with my account (MasterCard). My console and Microsoft Account regions are both set to Belgium. I read that some problems can occur when the regions are different, so I tried to set again my Xbox account region to Belgium
    - French via the following link: https://account.xbox.com/fr-be/AccountMigration, but I get an error message when I accept.

I have chatted with an Xbox support agent yesterday which gave me the most outlandish explanation, that you cannot purchase the free Xbox 360 games via your Xbox one or the website, but only via an original Xbox 360 console. I tried to explain to him that
    this is wrong (unless there's some recent change I'm unaware of), but he maintained that what he was saying was valid, and that it's been this way since the launch of Gold games...

Is there something else I can try or should I just go ahead and call technical support, and risk getting the same explanation?

Thanks!

:)

Don Chichon, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Michael�� Win User

I cannot purchase XBox 360 games anymore, whether via my XBox One console nor the Xbox Marketplace website

I’ve had the same issue ever since the October console update. I haven’t tried to purchase a game since I refuse to buy digital games, but none of my backwards compatible games are loading anymore and I haven’t been able to play any of them. The problem
    started the day after the update and Microsoft refuses to acknowledge any problems.
  3. JakeODX Win User

I cannot purchase XBox 360 games anymore, whether via my XBox One console nor the Xbox Marketplace website

Hello Don and welcome to the community.

Have you tried looking
    here?

What are the error messages you are receiving?
  4. Don Chichon Win User

Hello Jake,

Thank you for your reply.

I've checked all existing FAQs and whichever forum posts and website articles I could find regarding this issue, which is why I tried the change region page. Here's the (very generic) error I'm getting when trying to set the proper region, Belgium - French: There’s
    a problem completing your move right now. Please check the Region Change Support Page to make sure it will work for you and try again later.

I've also made sure that my Microsoft account region is the same as the console's, and that my billing/shipping address is set to Belgium. I also removed my PayPal account as payment method and added my MasterCard as
    the only payment method on the account.

I'm not getting any specific error message when trying to purchase a game via the XBox marketplace. Here's how it looks when I try to purchase from the Marketplace website:

[​IMG]

So I click on "Confirmer", and then I get stuck on this screen for hours:

[​IMG]

As I said before, I had no problems to "purchase" the free Gold games from my XBox One or from the XBox marketplace before, and I didn't change any account settings, so I don't know what the problem is. All I know is
    that I contacted the XBox technical support and the answer was not only unhelpful, it was also blatantly false.

Years ago I worked for the European XBox technical support as a first then second-line support agent, so I don't mean to pass off as a know-it-all because it was indeed years ago, but I am familiar with Microsoft's
    ecosystem and I would only have contacted support myself as a last-resort measure. That makes yesterday's experience with them all the more sour and disappointing.

Honestly, it pisses me off that I've already spent so much time trying to find a solution to this problem, that I'm not being able to fully enjoy a service I'm paying for (even if it is for just one old 360 game, I
    know, first world problems...), and that I've been treated like an idiot by XBox support, to the point that I was so angry that I just ended the conversation before starting to be disrespectful to the person at the other end of the chat.

Anyway, sorry for ranting a bit and thanks for your help!
  5. Christyna64 Win User

When you try to buy them on a browser, I have found that I need to allow all cookies for the order to go through.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

While I was able to "purchase" the current Xbox 360 Game with Gold "Ninja Gaiden 3" without problems in Germany on my console, I (and several others) had issues getting the previous game "Earth Defense Force 2025".

Also, when trying to get the 360 game on the website, I also get the spinning circle.

You could try changing the country of your console to a different country.

When Earth Defense Force was GwG, they also released Gears 5. In order to play the game earlier, I switched the country to Australia. Lo and behold: I was able to get EDF2025 with my console set to Australia.

Maybe it'll help you to get Ninja Gaiden 3 that way, too.

But, yes, there seems to be an issue going on with 360 games being problematic on the website currently.
Thema:

1. I cannot purchase XBox 360 games anymore, whether via my XBox One console nor the Xbox... - Similar Threads - cannot purchase 360

2. Cannot purchase gold on Xbox 360

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Cannot purchase gold on Xbox 360: Every time i go to purchase gold on my 360 just after i choose which membership i want status error 80182300 shows up and i cannot purchase it. It says sorry theres a problem with the xbox sevice...
  3. Xbox 360 Movies and TV Narration enabled on purchased movies and cannot disable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Movies and TV Narration enabled on purchased movies and cannot disable.: Recently rented and purchased movies on xbox 360 have narration enabled and I have found no setting to turn it off. In movies and tv on a computer I found it's also enabled by default on the...
  4. Cannot purchase 360 Games, Problem on account, no help at all from support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot purchase 360 Games, Problem on account, no help at all from support: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if anyone has an actual solution to it. When I attempt to purchase or simply get a 360 game from Game Pass Ultimate, I receive a message:...
  5. Cannot purchase films on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot purchase films on xbox 360: My son ( child's account) is trying to rent a film on xbox 360 , and every time we try he gets the error message ' you cannot make purchases on this account'. I've checked all the possible privacy...
  6. Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again -360 Games with Gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again -360 Games with Gold: Been getting this error "Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again." when trying to download the 360 Games with Gold. Happened on Kane and Lynch last month and now the...
  7. I purchase gears of war 4 and received codes for the previous xbox 360 titles but i cannot ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchase gears of war 4 and received codes for the previous xbox 360 titles but i cannot ...: I purchase gears of war 4 and received codes for the previous xbox 360 titles but i cannot redeem them. Gow 1 and 3 doesnt want to load " sorry, but unexpected error has occurred. The error has...
  8. Cannot change 360 online settings to enable me to purchase xbox 360 contents on my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot change 360 online settings to enable me to purchase xbox 360 contents on my Xbox one: I am unable to change my 360 online settings on the Microsoft website to enable me to purchase 360 content on my xbox one. I go to purchase a game and it comes up with a message "your account is...
  9. Xbox 360 Backward compatible game - Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Backward compatible game - Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try ...: I'm trying to get the Lego Star Wars collection that is free (and backward compatible) for XBL Gold, but when I try to download it I get the message "Your purchase cannot be completed at this...
  10. Cannot use my Xbox 360 since purchasing a new PC with Windows10,all attempts to progress fail

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use my Xbox 360 since purchasing a new PC with Windows10,all attempts to progress fail: Approximately two months ago I updated my PC which came with Windows10,since then although I have both a wireless and cable controllers not once have I been successful,the most frustrating thing...