I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it

Discus and support I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it, and it says that there was an issue with connectivity, exactly why I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Scourgeoforder, Oct 10, 2019.

1. I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it

I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it, and it says that there was an issue with connectivity, exactly why I had to create a new account. On my other account I just could not log into the store at all, it said
    I wasn't connected to the internet and nothing that microsoft support did fixed it. Now support for xbox.com simply doesn't show up as online on my computer with my new account, and I can not change my gamertag. How do I fix these issues, because honestly
    I'm getting tired of Microsoft not working at all for me.

:)

Scourgeoforder, Oct 10, 2019
  2. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it

Try changing your gamertag through an internet browser.

• Change your gamertag online

Here’s how:
      1. Sign in to account.xbox.com with the Microsoft account email address and password associated with your gamertag.
      2. Enter your own gamertag or select one of the suggested ones:
        • If you’re making your own, type in the new gamertag, and then select Check Availability. If you receive a message that the gamertag is already taken, you’ll need to create another one.
        • If you want to use one of the gamertags that Xbox provides, but you don’t like any of the suggestions, select Refresh to see additional gamertag suggestions.
      3. Once you find an available gamertag, select Claim it.

Note If you're changing the gamertag we created for you at sign up (meaning you didn’t choose it yourself), you won’t be charged. For all other gamertag changes, you’ll be charged (fee varies by region and currency).
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

"it said I wasn't connected to the internet "

Solution 1: Make sure you have an Internet connection

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or you can select the
      Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    2. Select Settings > Gaming, and then select
      Xbox Networking
    3. Under Connection status, make sure Internet connection says
      Connected.

If you don’t have an Internet connection, you’ll have to fix that before continuing with any additional troubleshooting. Support XBox
    on Windows

To ensure you have an Internet connection you may have to power cycle your gateway/router/modem and wait until its fully functional before turning your PC back on.

To perform a power cycle reset, follow these steps:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for five minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.
  4. Phoenix_Reins Win User

5. Xtrem Nitro Win User

Try to go on Xbox Support and to post a ticket for help
  6. Geoff-1409 Win User

Cannot change gamertag - error 8c010002 - so stuck with offensive automatically generated one

* sigh * please limit answers to something helpful not call the same support people that can't help as they can't do anything as simple as change gamertags....I guess this forum fits perfectly on xbox.com .... rather just forget it I'll stop wasting time
    on MS
Thema:

1. I can't change my gamertag because Xbox.com just stops responding once I enter it - Similar Threads - can't change gamertag

2. Can't change gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change gamertag: I want to change my gamer tag to "" when I looked, it claimed it's available. However, when I tried to change it, it displayed "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one." I don't see how...
  3. Why I can't change my gamertag??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I can't change my gamertag??: Why I can't change my gamertag if I live in country other than US??? 5e3b49ed-66fe-414c-9de9-95bc659aaea6
  4. Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else: Hello, I would like to know if I can claim a Gamertag that I reserved on another Xbox account. Is that possible? Here's the story: A while back, before getting an Xbox, I decided that I should...
  5. Can't change gamertag because it is lock to US.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change gamertag because it is lock to US.: Hello, I'm having a problem here. I want to change my gamertag and I am willing to pay $9.99 but I can't pay because the region is lock to US. How can I change it? I live in Thailand....
  6. Changed Gamertag but Can't Download New Profiles into the 360 'emulator'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed Gamertag but Can't Download New Profiles into the 360 'emulator': Hi All, So, after getting an Xbox One S recently, I changed my gamertag because to be honest, it was silly. After I did this, I went to launch Dragon Age:Origins, and silly me, of course.......
  7. Why can't I change my gamertag?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I change my gamertag?: I want to use the gamertag "Jkhorvschki". It won't let me and it won't tell me why. It just says no. This is a name I've been using for years in various games, it is not offensive, it is not an...
  8. Help!!! Gamertag hijacked, e-mail on account changed - Can't access

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help!!! Gamertag hijacked, e-mail on account changed - Can't access: My son's Xbox Account has been hacked, his gamertag hijacked, and the e-mail address on the account taken over. We have had no luck in getting any support and can't recover via the standard...
  9. I can't change my gamertag

in XBoX on Mobile
    I can't change my gamertag: I want to change my gamertag to , but it says This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one. But why ? I want this gamertag ! It's not offensive ?! I tried to contact the support but "Phone...
  10. Can't login to Xbox 360 profile after changing gamertag on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't login to Xbox 360 profile after changing gamertag on xbox one: I changed my gamertag on xbox one and changed the picture and etc, now when I go to log-in on xbox 360 it doesn't work, just says there's an error and to download the profile again, but when I go...