I can't change my Xbox Privacy Settings because it's decided I'm a child member of an Xbox...

Discus and support I can't change my Xbox Privacy Settings because it's decided I'm a child member of an Xbox... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So, I was trying to play online No Man's Sky with a friend. We'd been excited, and opened up only to discover that for some reason the multiplayer... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PixelHavoc, Jan 23, 2022.

1. PixelHavoc
    PixelHavoc Guest

I can't change my Xbox Privacy Settings because it's decided I'm a child member of an Xbox...

So, I was trying to play online No Man's Sky with a friend. We'd been excited, and opened up only to discover that for some reason the multiplayer options simply weren't available to me. I looked it up and found out that one possible problem could be that I needed to change my Privacy Settings.

So I went to do that, only to discover that my account was being detected as a Child in an Xbox Family, not allowing me to access my settings.

Until minutes ago when I created one in an attempt to fix my own settings, I was in no such group. And I still cannot fix my own settings.

What the hell do I do to fix this?

:)

PixelHavoc, Jan 23, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

I can't change my Xbox Privacy Settings because it's decided I'm a child member of an Xbox Family. I'm not. How do I fix this?

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

You'll need a parent (adult) account in order to change your privacy settings.

The parent account will need to create a family group and add you as a "Member" while they are the "Organiser" in order to change your settings. Here's a detailed explanation of how to do that https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil....

If you're not on a child account or to know how to change the settings from an adult account please see here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli...

Refer to the "Manage settings on Xbox.com" tab, underneath it you'll find how to manage your privacy settings on an Adult or Child account.
  3. XBF George L Win User

i-pin으로 나이 인증과 계정 옵션을 성인으로 바꾸어도 게임 진입 로그인 시도시 0x8015DC0D 에러코드 송출 (I-pin to change the age authentication and accounting options to adults and 0x8015DC0D error codes when attempting to enter the game)

Hello!

Thanks for bringing this inquiry to our attention here on the forums. I understand you're having issues setting up your Settings on a child account is that correct? You will need to sign into an adult account that is a member of the same Microsoft Family
    as the child account to change the settings for the child account.
    Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings
  4. RaZR Axillary Win User

xbox.com doesn't consider my account as an adult because I got an update early.

I'm on my only account attached, which it claims to be the child account and Xbox privacy and
    online safety settings
    it just sends me to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings
  5. BeastBadshah Win User

Purchasing issue on VUDU

6. danielc081002 Win User

Can't change Privacy settings

It says

Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings
    when I try to change my privacy settings.
Thema:

1. I can't change my Xbox Privacy Settings because it's decided I'm a child member of an Xbox... - Similar Threads - can't change Privacy

2. Can't seem to change my xbox privacy settings anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't seem to change my xbox privacy settings anymore: Before that happened, I used to always can change my xbox privacy settings freely, but then it seems that the option for me to change my xbox privacy settings has been disabled and now, when I...
  3. Can't change my privacy and online settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change my privacy and online settings: Hey everyone. Since I migrated my Minecraft account, I haven't been able to play Minecraft Multiplayer (servers). I've tried changing my privacy and online settings, but I can't access them...
  4. Can't change xbox privacy settings because of family group

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change xbox privacy settings because of family group: why does microsoft automaticaly place me into a family group and even better, why was removed the option of leaving, the 3 dots where previously according to videos had the option to leave, now i...
  5. Can't change my child's privacy Settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change my child's privacy Settings?: I want my child to be able to play online in Minecraft Java Edition, but upon trying to change his settings so that he can play, as I hover over over his Icon, it won't let me click onto his...
  6. Can't change privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change privacy settings: I am trying to set up my Xbox profile. When I click the link I am redirected to the "Why can't I change my privacy settings?" page. Only problem is, I am not in a family group. How do I fix this?...
  7. Can't change xbox privacy settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change xbox privacy settings: My account is not in a family group, and not a child account. and it still directed me to the "Why can't I change my privacy?". I've tried another account and it still redirected me to the page. I...
  8. Can't change privacy settings, can't play Halo custom games.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change privacy settings, can't play Halo custom games.: I am unable to play any custom games in Halo, have checked in MCC and Infinite with neither working. When I try to access me Xbox settings I am redirected to the support page that says "Why can't...
  9. I can't change my privacy and safety settings ??

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my privacy and safety settings ??: I'm trying to play on a realm on minecraft. It tells me i can't play because of how my account is set up. When I try to change this in settings it tells me I'm a child account in a family however...
  10. Can't change privacy settings at all

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change privacy settings at all: I'm trying to buy minecraft for windows and every time I try, it takes me to the page that says why can't I change privacy settings? I follow the steps and find that the only family thing I'm in...